The Witcher Enhanced Edition is out!!!

ramza

- there were mentions of elves, fairies and dragons

Tolkienesque it is not, however.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

- long white hair on men is not, nor has it ever been, cool.

Like one of the other characters better? If so, I could upload a quick mod that would enable you to play as that person. That sort of thing only takes about a second or two now that I've gotten all the files extracted and I'm familiar with the process. :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

- long white hair on men is not, nor has it ever been, cool.

Like one of the other characters better? If so, I could upload a quick mod that would enable you to play as that person. That sort of thing only takes about a second or two now that I've gotten all the files extracted and I'm familiar with the process. :sorcerer:

That;s pretty cool, DN.

Does it force you to restart a game if you do this? DOes it cause problems for existing games? Does it mess up any of the animations that Geralt's avatar uses?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

IF you switch to another characer model, you're stuck with that characters outfit, right? Or does it show up on the new char when you switch armor?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Does it force you to restart a game if you do this? DOes it cause problems for existing games? Does it mess up any of the animations that Geralt's avatar uses?

It does not require you to restart your game, nor does it mess up any of the animations. :-

IF you switch to another characer model, you're stuck with that characters outfit, right? Or does it show up on the new char when you switch armor?

At the moment you are stuck with what the character is wearing. :ermm:

EDIT: This is because The Witcher uses a new skin and model for each armor, like Bloodline, making it easier to change but hard to adapt for a new character (it would be easier to simply re-skin the person you switched to or make a new armor).

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I just dug out my old copy. Now, should i take it that i have to register at the main site somewhere to get all the enhanced updates. Is it the forum? Or have i gone completely blind?

//EDIT: Nevermind, i found the enhanced edition for only 29

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Does anyone know if there is a simple way to update the EE? I bought the EE edition but really do not want to download the Gig patch solely for the Blood Fix & NOCD fix. Is this possible?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Has anyone else had a hard time finding a copy? Future Shop and Best Buy in Canada appear to not carry it, and EB keeps saying they should get a shipment in the next couple weeks. I figured since I couldn't find anyone with a copy of Duckman Season 1&2 either, I would just order it online, but the only canadian online store I figured would have both was Amazon.ca, but it doesn't carry The Witcher.

If you have not found it - you should now. The release date was pushed back in Canada. I got mine @ an EB Games retail front fwiiw.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

The blood fix can be found here. :ermm:

And a no-dvd fix was here. o:)

[edited by SteveThaiBinh, just because]

EDIT: I did not know linking to Google was forbidden... :)

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

-Hurlshot

Has anyone else had a hard time finding a copy? Future Shop and Best Buy in Canada appear to not carry it, and EB keeps saying they should get a shipment in the next couple weeks. I figured since I couldn't find anyone with a copy of Duckman Season 1&2 either, I would just order it online, but the only canadian online store I figured would have both was Amazon.ca, but it doesn't carry The Witcher.

If you have not found it - you should now. The release date was pushed back in Canada. I got mine @ an EB Games retail front fwiiw.

Yeah, it hit Future Shop on friday and I snagged my copy.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I bought the witcher on my way home and after rooting around in some east European language site and pressing the 'Squingij' ;) button I think I'm downloading an Enhanced edition patch, plus a Language patch.

3 easy steps my arse, what am I supposed to to with these. In what order, where do I run them from.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Wouldnt it work if you downloaded a copy of the enhanced game without cracking it and then used it with your original disc?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Looks promising, although the combat is retarded, I was kinda hoping for something better after having just played Gothic 3. Camera can't pan properly. Why does every game I try these days have to re invent the wheel.

Combat plays best in OTS mode. Give it a shot if you are not doing so.

Overall, though not the greatest combat ever, the combination of fighting styles, special attacks, movement options, plus sign usage and bombs, gives enough variety to keep me interested.

I mean it is certainly better than combat in Oblivion or even the IE games or Fallout.