Spore Creature Creator

Pidesco

Bored after 15 minutes, but I expect that it'll be very, very entertaining if the rest of the game fulfills its promises (the civilisation building). As well as more pieces.

It does confirm my fears that I've had for a while - that animations are fairly limited in that they're grafted on by code to specific combinations and pieces, and that makes true variety and craziness (e.g. Escher's Curl-Up) impossible. If we have the same kind of thing happen with the civilisation component, then Spore would surely remain an excellent game, but not exactly the 'infinite revolution'. I can understand the technical limitations behind that though.

This one was interesting, saw it somewhere:

post-150-1213762276_thumb.png

Guest The Architect
Death from Above. :brows:

Jackass from above. :brows:

I tried to download this spore creature creator and it didn't work, so damn it.

Edited by The Architect

Hmm, this editor is a bit too geared towards bilateral symmetry. Making that spherical symmetry creature I have dreamed about seems to be a trifle challenging. Well, it's all right if I don't mind all the feet pointing at the same direction and such. I wonder if you can do something completely asymmetrical.

SODOFF Steam group.

Hmm, this editor is a bit too geared towards bilateral symmetry. Making that spherical symmetry creature I have dreamed about seems to be a trifle challenging. Well, it's all right if I don't mind all the feet pointing at the same direction and such. I wonder if you can do something completely asymmetrical.

Here's my attempt.

post-3491-1213834749_thumb.png

why stop there? Maybe you'll have a monkey with FIVE asses!?

Now that's just crazy talk.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

How do you get single arms? I've seen some of the maxis created beasties with one arm, but don't know how its done...

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

How do you get single arms? I've seen some of the maxis created beasties with one arm, but don't know how its done...

It is sometimes a bit hard, what you do is you move them closer to each other and eventually they will merge. It works the same way with individual joints.

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Legs are easier to "single", and then you can turn them into arms by adding hands.

I've created so many horrors... but my comp sucks so they don't look very high def...

Say hello to the Fuglysaurs!

post-14024-1213938909_thumb.jpg

post-14024-1213939005_thumb.jpg

post-14024-1213939015_thumb.jpg

post-14024-1213939027_thumb.jpg

post-14024-1213939041_thumb.jpg

post-14024-1213939083_thumb.png

post-14024-1213939106_thumb.png

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

2nd try:

spore-01.jpg

3rd try:

spore-03.jpg

spore-04.jpg

Never mind my 1st try, it was terrible, heh.

I want this game so badly. I don't care if it's revolutionary or not, it looks to be sooooo my kind of game. As long as it isn't filled w/million bugs and crashes and gameplay is at least mediocore-adequate, the making new creatures/watching your creatures evolve stuff will suck me in for weeks, I'm sure.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts