KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 25

There is another possibility for the this rumored MMO, though. We know that LA registered the "Old Republic" recently. Maybe this is an MMO developed to take place in a period of Star Wars that has so far gone unexplored.

I mean, we know lots about the Great Hyperspace War around 5000 BBY or the Great Sith War and the KotOR games around 4000 BBY, Darth Bane around 1000 BBY or the movies era, etc.

But there are other times that are virtually explored. What happened around 2500 BBY, for example? No idea. That is definitely "Old Republic" even though it's not what most of us would call KotOR. It might be all the same to Riccitiello, though, which could explain why he can say there such an online game, while LA says it has nothing to do with KotOR.

And another thing, people would want to play jedi in such a game, and frankly post-TSL would be terrible for this. Why? Because the purge of the Sith Triumpherate virtually wiped out the jedi order in TSL to such an extent that the Sith thought the exile was the only one left. You'd want an era for an MMO where there could be loads of jedi, and in the years after TSL, there would indeed be few.

Besides, Bioware seems to like the idea of doing original IP. A Star Wars MMO would not be that, but they could establish an entirely new segment inside the franchise with their own jedi order and sith lords as they see fit by placing the action at another time.

This is possible bucause if LA wanted to use the KOTOR fanbase they would have bought the name KOTOR-online instead of just Old Republic.

Conclusion we still live with hope and fear.

Everybody who's darksider give in to fear all the good guys keep hope :rolleyes:

This is possible bucause if LA wanted to use the KOTOR fanbase they would have bought the name KOTOR-online instead of just Old Republic.

Conclusion we still live with hope and fear.

Everybody who's darksider give in to fear all the good guys keep hope :lol:

Yeah, I know. I may be grasping at straws, but I have to hold onto the last bit of hope, right? :rolleyes:

Oh, I guess that means I'm one of the good guys -yes, I knew it. There you have it, I'm not a darksider o:)

I hope lucas arts goes bankrupt in this endeavor and their accoutnants embezzle all their money as well and I hope they all fall off a cliff into a pit of broken glass showered in battery acid.

I am not happy.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I would not purchase a MMORPG unless it offered free online play, id est Guild Wars I and II, and had the option to "solo" through the game. Sure, it may seem that these requirements defeat the purpose of an MMO, but that is exactly what I am trying to convey - I do not like MMORPGs and would rather play a single-player or small-multi-player game. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I would not purchase a MMORPG unless it offered free online play, id est Guild Wars I and II, and had the option to "solo" through the game. Sure, it may seem that these requirements defeat the purpose of an MMO, but that is exactly what I am trying to convey - I do not like MMORPGs and would rather play a single-player or small-multi-player game. :shifty:

I agree.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I would not purchase a MMORPG unless it offered free online play, id est Guild Wars I and II, and had the option to "solo" through the game. Sure, it may seem that these requirements defeat the purpose of an MMO, but that is exactly what I am trying to convey - I do not like MMORPGs and would rather play a single-player or small-multi-player game. :shifty:
Have you played DDO? It's a party-based, PvE-focused MMO that plays very much like that, and used to benefit from a large simultaneous playerbase. Soloing is possible as well.

You don't want to pay monthly fees for periodic new content, that's fine. But the gameplay thing is just an excuse, or you haven't looked enough.

Yeah, that's right!

"Lucasarts can leave their KotOR MMO plans be!"

"They'll get no damn MMOney from me!" :ermm:

o:)

I agree. I'm not buying the damn thing.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

They wont get a sale out of me. Finish the amazing trilogy before sparking up a MMO. Then i'll think about dishing out monthly fees for an expanding universe... Maybe.

Can't swap horses mid race... And can't change formats mid-series.

Agree :ermm:

You never give me your Kotor 3

You only give me your funny MMO

and in the middle of development

you break down

I never give you my money

I only give you my middle finger

and in the middle of development

I break down

Out of shop, money spent

See no future, pay no rent

All the money's gone, nowhere to go

Any player got the sack

Monday morning, turning back

Horrible lag so slow, nowhere to whine

But oh, that dreadful feeling, nowhere to whine

Oh, that dreadful feeling

Nowhere to whine

Nowhere to whine

One useless dream

Pick up the cash and get in the limousine

Soon we'll be away from here

Step on the landmine and wipe that tear away

One true nightmare came true today

Came true today

Came true today

Came true today (yes it did)

One two three four five six seven,

All good children go to K:Online!

With all the respect for the Beatles

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I would not purchase a MMORPG unless it offered free online play, id est Guild Wars I and II, and had the option to "solo" through the game. Sure, it may seem that these requirements defeat the purpose of an MMO, but that is exactly what I am trying to convey - I do not like MMORPGs and would rather play a single-player or small-multi-player game. :(

Agreed.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

I also agree.. For some reason if you want to play an MMORPG, you might as well play SWG again.. But Solo with a possible multi, is ok.. :lol:

"Commentary: How would YOU like to be the wholy-owned servant to an organic meatbag? It's demeaning if.... uh.. you weren't one yourself i mean..." - HK-47

The was a screaming of millions of voices, and then everything went silent. I fear something terrible has happend

obi-wan is very wise indeed :lol:

Yes he was.. heheh :lol:

"Commentary: How would YOU like to be the wholy-owned servant to an organic meatbag? It's demeaning if.... uh.. you weren't one yourself i mean..." - HK-47

I'll try it.

Do we know for sure if this is specifically the third installment? What if this is just a "KOTOR-Based-Time-Thingy" MMO. OR something entirely different?

Did someone from LA or BioWare specifically come out and say, "KOTOR III will be a Massively Multiplayer Online RolePlaying Game?

Just wondering if it is COMPLETELY CONFIRMED no hoaxes, no confusion, just pure truth.

Maybe they'll have it as singleplayer and once you've beat the Singleplayer campaign which is the main plot you'll be able to play it with an MMO for those who like it with an expanded universe and MMO like qualities... who knows.

Edited by Albion72

Here's one. And by all means there are other good hints... here is another..

Bioware and Lucas Arts a currently hiring MMO experienced workers for Bio's shop in Austin. Check Bio's site and look under jobs.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

No, nothing is confirmed so far, no one ever said anything official about KOTOR III existing in any kind of form.

Judging from Bioware and LucasArts keeping quiet on Riccitiello's comment, and Riccitiello backtracking from "the MMO we are developing with Lucas" in the portfolio-interview to "the other MMO we haven't announced yet" in the next interview, I wouldn't expect to hear official word on it anytime soon.

Until someone from LucasArts talks about it, we will have no idea whether this is supposed to be KOTOR III, a replacement of KOTOR III, just a game in the time of KOTOR but not a replacement for KOTOR III or even something completely different. :)

No, nothing is confirmed so far, no one ever said anything official about KOTOR III existing in any kind of form.

Judging from Bioware and LucasArts keeping quiet on Riccitiello's comment, and Riccitiello backtracking from "the MMO we are developing with Lucas" in the portfolio-interview to "the other MMO we haven't announced yet" in the next interview, I wouldn't expect to hear official word on it anytime soon.

Until someone from LucasArts talks about it, we will have no idea whether this is supposed to be KOTOR III, a replacement of KOTOR III, just a game in the time of KOTOR but not a replacement for KOTOR III or even something completely different. ;)

So many questions :)

when will the anwser come :ermm: and i mean the anwser like:

yes, there is an KOTOR-MMO coming but it won't replace KOTOR III

Oke this is my dream comment but one can never lose hope o:)

Edited by Wolva

Here's one. And by all means there are other good hints... here is another..

Bioware and Lucas Arts a currently hiring MMO experienced workers for Bio's shop in Austin. Check Bio's site and look under jobs.

My faith is re-newed. In that link you posted I read one phrase.

"Knights of the Old Republic Online".

That tells me that KOTOR III will be singleplayer for one reason, mainly an example.

World Of Warcraft came out after Warcraft 1, 2, and 3. They made the MMO Separate from the single-player story plot.

Now, one last hopeful thought, maybe Obsidian will develop KOTOR III and LA and BioWare will work on the MMO, everyone is a happy camper then.

That would rake in 2x the amount of money too then if they decided to develop one or the other. From a Financial Standpoint BioWare and LA have enough money to design an MMO which people will pay monthly for, even if you won't. And Obsidian has enough money to make a single-player game, even if they don't maybe LA will throw them some cash. Afterwards they have people paying monthly for an MMO and us who are buying the Singe-Player copies of the game and most likely even more people who are playing both.

We'll see though.

Edited by Albion72

HOLY BANTHA POODOO...

What in the name of Marka Ragnos is this???

I just hope this is a TEMP statement..

Edited by Darth_Sunnyboy