KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 25

Well, in my opinion the Movie timeframe has been done to death... and they're making a mistake trying to cram more content into such a short span of time...

But, you're probably right.

I'm sure I'll at least try any mmo that comes out that's Star Wars themed, but I sure didn't stick with SWG long.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

As long as they don't make a MMO, I'm sattisfied..

As for the Live Action series that comes out next year? YEAHOO!!^^

Eitherway, the only thing we CAN do, is sit on our hands and wait til LA has announced theire intention when it comes to future KotOR games and SW games generally..

"Commentary: How would YOU like to be the wholy-owned servant to an organic meatbag? It's demeaning if.... uh.. you weren't one yourself i mean..." - HK-47

Didnt Jediphile already clarify its not an MMO... I could of swore he had a link 4 pages ago. Can new posters just give up on the mmo showing the same danm link... its already been confirmed its an MMO but not a KOTOR MMO... Why? Because Bioware=EA is doing it with LUcas Arts..

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Didnt Jediphile already clarify its not an MMO... I could of swore he had a link 4 pages ago. Can new posters just give up on the mmo showing the same danm link... its already been confirmed its an MMO but not a KOTOR MMO... Why? Because Bioware=EA is doing it with LUcas Arts..

The link I pointed to has been mentioned several times in these threads, and not by me the first time around. I repost it because this persistent KotOR MMO rumor keeps turning up even though LA has denied it.

One word of clarification, though. We don't know what LA and Bioware are working on, not even whether it's an MMO or not. All we know is that it's not related to KotOR. That it's Star Wars and an MMO is my own speculation. It may not be either. I sincerely doubt it's a new, original intellectual property, as I don't see why would LA be involved if it were, but for all we know so far it could be, remote though that possibility may seem. But even if it's a franchise owned by LA, it need not be Star Wars.... It could be Indiana Jones. Or Willow. Or Howard the Duck. Or Zak McKracken. Or Monkey Island. Or Grim Fandango. Or... you get the picture.

But the overall result is the same, regardless.

The Sith of KotOR got ****ed over, regardless if Revan was DS or not. The Republic is weak and rebuilding, regardless. The Jedi are a rabble, regardless. The Mandalorians are a small but potent, rebuilding force, regardless.

Under the DS TSL ending, the Republic may not be rebuilding anymore by then. Goto did mention that the Republic had one month to govern if nothing was done to preserve it. If Onderon seceded and the Republic was still a dying planet with little hope, then Onderon was to the anti-Republic what Telos was to the Republic. And under the 100% DS ending, the Republic wasn't getting a foothold on Dantooine, Onderon, and possibly Telos (this is an assumption dependent on Czerka's relations with the Republic), something that many said was critical for the Republic. Yes, Malak and Nihilus's Sith are everything but an Empire no matter what happened, the Mandalorians are reuniting under Canderous Ordo, and the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine is rebuilt.

It's the short term future of the Jedi that will be affected, which is dependant on the Exile's alignment. If the Exile is DS, then what situation will the Jedi be in come K3? What do you do with the Exile's companions if the Exile is DS? These two questions, in my opinion, can be dealt with and implemented into the plot, hence I don't see why canon should be put in.

I really don't think the Exile's companions are going to make that much of an impact on the Jedi Order, and more specifically the Jedi Council. Visas and Mical, yes, but I don't think Mira and Atton are going to be that involved with the Jedi Order (and to the canon note, what if I didn't turn them into Jedi? Should I be forced to see the ones I didn't train in the Force wearing Jedi robes and wielding lightsabers? :):p ). And we don't even know if Bao-Dur is still alive, given the ambiguity of the whole sequence involving the Remote and lack of a definitive fate about him.

For the former, the few Jedi left can be led by different people. For the latter, the Exile's companions can be Dark Jedi, allied with the Mandalorians, preparing for battle with the True Sith.

I provided the LS variant above. The notion I got was that after Malachor V, they essentially go their separate ways. And from the interactions, most of the Exile's companions didn't get along with each other. Bao-Dur didn't like Mandalore, Goto didn't like the Remote or HK-47, Atton didn't like Mical, T3 and Mira, no one liked Kreia (the ones who knew she was even there). If it wasn't for the Exile, how many of them would have stayed along for the ride?

You can't expect the True Sith to just put their feet up and listen to an outsider. The Sith prove themselves through their power of the force, through physical feats of ability. I agree that Revan went to fight a war of conversion, either as an undercover or genuine Sith, but in order for Revan to be accepted, Revan would have to demonstrate great skill and power, first. I'm sure Revan thought of a way to do this, then perhaps convert the younger and upcoming Sith to a "rebellion" against the hierarchy of the True Sith and cause a massive civil war, which would delay any plans they had to attack the Republic.

I get the feeling that Revan is an expert in sociology and propaganda. Hey, if someone is told something enough times, that someone will eventually accept it as the truth, whether it is or not.

No. To support a non canon plot doesn't mean I expect much diversity in the story depending on alignment. All I'm saying is, a fairly consistent story can be done for K3 without resorting to canon. I'd love one of the developers to be able to confirm this, but as it is...

That would be nice, I'll admit. Maybe even in a manner doesn't violate any potential NDAs :grin::o:(;)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

The link I pointed to has been mentioned several times in these threads, and not by me the first time around. I repost it because this persistent KotOR MMO rumor keeps turning up even though LA has denied it.

One word of clarification, though. We don't know what LA and Bioware are working on, not even whether it's an MMO or not. All we know is that it's not related to KotOR. That it's Star Wars and an MMO is my own speculation. It may not be either. I sincerely doubt it's a new, original intellectual property, as I don't see why would LA be involved if it were, but for all we know so far it could be, remote though that possibility may seem. But even if it's a franchise owned by LA, it need not be Star Wars.... It could be Indiana Jones. Or Willow. Or Howard the Duck. Or Zak McKracken. Or Monkey Island. Or Grim Fandango. Or... you get the picture.

I remember reading somewhere it was a confirmed MMO

62nzp7r.jpg

Guest The Architect
Under the DS TSL ending, the Republic may not be rebuilding anymore by then. Goto did mention that the Republic had one month to govern if nothing was done to preserve it. If Onderon seceded and the Republic was still a dying planet with little hope, then Onderon was to the anti-Republic what Telos was to the Republic. And under the 100% DS ending, the Republic wasn't getting a foothold on Dantooine, Onderon, and possibly Telos (this is an assumption dependent on Czerka's relations with the Republic), something that many said was critical for the Republic. Yes, Malak and Nihilus's Sith are everything but an Empire no matter what happened, the Mandalorians are reuniting under Canderous Ordo, and the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine is rebuilt.

If the Jedi are up and about again during the time of K3, regardless of what alignment the Exile is set to, then I'm sure they'll be able to help the Republic rebuild. They don't need to go to bomb Czerka & Onderon to the stone age to do that.

I really don't think the Exile's companions are going to make that much of an impact on the Jedi Order, and more specifically the Jedi Council. Visas and Mical, yes, but I don't think Mira and Atton are going to be that involved with the Jedi Order (and to the canon note, what if I didn't turn them into Jedi? Should I be forced to see the ones I didn't train in the Force wearing Jedi robes and wielding lightsabers? :p;( ). And we don't even know if Bao-Dur is still alive, given the ambiguity of the whole sequence involving the Remote and lack of a definitive fate about him.

Perhaps you're right. We'll see, then again we might not. Like Jediphile said, if you didn't train the Exile's companions in KotOR2, then it can be assumed that between the time of KotOR2 & KotOR3, they received training. You can't do the reverse because if you do, you're taking away what the player did, whether as you're only adding to what the player did with the vice versa. Besides, they're not our characters - who cares what they do with them? And how many people didn't train them, anyway?

Long story short I support canon scenarios for non PC's, for instance having Bastila involved in the plot even though she could've been killed, and eliminating GO-TO regardless because he's a fat ****... :) But as far as Revan & the Exile go, they were our characters. It would be unfair to strip away what we did with them in the games by going canon, not to mention completely uncalled for.

I provided the LS variant above. The notion I got was that after Malachor V, they essentially go their separate ways. And from the interactions, most of the Exile's companions didn't get along with each other. Bao-Dur didn't like Mandalore, Goto didn't like the Remote or HK-47, Atton didn't like Mical, T3 and Mira, no one liked Kreia (the ones who knew she was even there). If it wasn't for the Exile, how many of them would have stayed along for the ride?

The Exile's companions could very well pull a Revan & the Exile, that is, since the Exile's departure they just **** off and do their own thing, changing as people, becoming someone who's the same regardless of what the Exile is set to. This doesn't mean the Exile's adventure with them and the influence projected onto them meant nothing, on the contrary, it means that their experience in KotOR2 plus past experiences has made them into someone different. Who knows?

I get the feeling that Revan is an expert in sociology and propaganda. Hey, if someone is told something enough times, that someone will eventually accept it as the truth, whether it is or not.

True, but do you seriously think that the True Sith would even give Revan a chance to speak to them in the first place and just be greeting with open arms? I think not. It may take a few broken skulls or ancient Sith Lord apparition from Malachor V to convince them to listen first. Perhaps that's why Revan went to Malachor V after KotOR, to find a token of acceptance or something.

Hey. Don't worry^^ Happens to us all=o) :)

Annyways,

I agree. If Revan was to meet the True Sith, there would be some head bashing. Unless, they allready had an "agreement". I can't remember if we got the chance to find out the WHOLE Revan story from KotOR, since it's been a while since I played it, and some one stole my copy :bat::* But what IF Revan had an agreement with a True Sith, that wanted Revan to find the Starforge, since the True Sith didn't want to reveal them selves yet??

"Commentary: How would YOU like to be the wholy-owned servant to an organic meatbag? It's demeaning if.... uh.. you weren't one yourself i mean..." - HK-47

Revan's whole point is to fight the true Sith, why would the true Sith have an agreement with him?

The Star Forge was hidden, no one used it for millenia, the true Sith would be incredible stupid if they knew where it was and told Revan about it. He was a Jedi, they had no reason to trust him. They simply could have used the Star Forge themselves and no one would have found out about them. Having any kind of agreement between the true Sith and Revan simply doesn't make any sense at all, at least not till he left for the unknown regions again.

I don't think the True Sith are going to be THAT xenophobic, especially if it's held by something variable like ideal and not something constant like race or gender. Now, while I don't think they would let outsiders come in by the bunches, they probably wouldn't see one individual as a significant threat, until it was too late.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I don't think we need a machine to tell us the influence, I think the characters should just have different starting lines when you talk to them so that you can pretty much know where your influence is. So with little influence they'll say "Go away I hate you" but with a lot of influence they'll say "What can I do to serve you master?" or something like that.

Yes, yes, yes. I agree. Influence machines would be too spoiling.

So am I the only person who *never* touched the forms button?

I could never figure it out and rarely used it unless it was obvious. (1v1 form or something)

Overall in the current K3 argument, I think no canon would be incredible.

I really just go generally with some of you others ideas for K3, but for the beginning?

What if the PC was a force-sensitive that a third "secret sith" (ie Nihilius, Sion) was trying to recruit. You "tell" the sith whether you were DS or LS, Male or Female in K1 & K2, and that determines who comes and gets you when the Republic arrives at the eleventh hour and a siege begins at some sith world just outside republic space. It could be anyone from Jolee to Atton, but someone familiar. After that, you are taken to the republic flagship to see Carth, if you told the sith accordingly for him to be alive, or someone else if needed. You tell them that you had found a hint as to where Revan is in sith space. If you want to be DS, theres appropriate [Lie] options, etc. Once in sith space you investigate the planet. It has a relatively low tech race, and sith ruins like Korriban. Somehow around there the Exile finds you. Depending on alignment, perhaps the DS Exile is in the ruins, doing something evil :ermm: or the LS Exile arrives after getting similar intel about the planet, and you and him/her meet. You are partyless at that point, with a republic fleet in orbit. (maybe you can get a "unimportant" party member on the world, a Mission-level of importance for example) (LS/Exile LS/K3) & LS/Exile DS/K3) story is to inform the republic fleet and join the exile on the ebon hawk where whatever characters are there, I have no idea as per K2 cut content. (Note for DS/K3: Work your trickery among the LS if you are DS, you can betray everyone later) As I mentioned Jolee before, K1 members such as Jolee or Juhani are working with the republic (LS Revan, etc) depending on K1 gender one of them visits the ebon hawk, and helps the Exile in giving you training, before returning to the fleet. The republic fleet should then leave, either for the reason that sith space is too dangerous, or that it is needed elsewhere, whatever. The ebon hawk then travels to another planet in search of revan. The search will seem kind of "look for star map" style, but with awesome twists as per K1 and K2 genders and alignments, mostly that of K2 as only the exile is with you at this point. On the next planet you discover intel that opens up nearly a hundred worlds. The ebon hawk p/c, though still locked, snycs with the new charts and several worlds appear your galaxy map, apparently some of those that had been locked. (So not all 100 planets, ok?, only a handful had synced) Obviously the most critical worlds such as wherever revan is is not on this map, but those that are are the worlds you explore.

Bonus*One of them is a exile mandalorian outpost. Maybe there should be some potential to tell Canderous of it for his search. So on and so forth, the beginning is wrapped up. You progress through your training, so on and so forth.

DS Exile LS/K3 & DS/K3: Once in sith space you investigate the planet. It has a relatively low tech race, and sith ruins like Korriban. While in the ruins, and regardless of your alignment you have a controntation and are captured easily by the Exile and are taken aboard the Ebon Hawk. K3/LS a new party member rescues you escapes you to a world of your choice of of that galaxy chart which had already been found by DS Exile. You never discovered the Exile's intentions. Probably find Revan, but what about their interest in you? And even the third sith? There is something about yourself that you must discover. Probably not a good enough twist, I think. Too ordinary. "I don't know why I'm important, find out" ;) You find some grey jedi or something (a force user to train you basically) then you can go about with the rest of the stroy. (Probably you'd get this member in LS Exile as well)

DS Exile/ DS :sorcerer:

A headstart. Cut the crap, you get training from the DS Exile. You get nice DS members.

*Bonus: Maybe for HK-47, you only get him in DS/DS or if you insist on LS, perhaps a DS Revan alignment works out to get you HK.

I'm not too good a speculator and all this K1 & K2 alignments to influence the K3 story makes it even more difficult. Think about all the possibilities. Not only does there have to be different events for each alignment, but also some for gender, and extras for extra choices, of course. Maybe K3 hasn't been made cause its going to be a pain in the ***, especially with canon issues. You will almost surely have to tell someone in the beginning nearly every detail of your K1 and K2 playthroughs. :lol:

Well what do you all think about that, for a beginning?

*Also should speaking to NPCs be a one-time or repeated (like K1-2)? (One time being if you tried to ask the same question they'd call you a moron.)

Twitter | @Insevin

I'm sorry having different storylines happening based on the previous games happenings would just not work. If the game isn't cannon I think that the only things that will change will be some dialogue throughout will be different and a few different endings. Everything will happen the same in each game except the motivations of characters will change (like Revan is fighting the Sith to save the Republic OR fighting the Sith to gain control of them, same methods but just a different ending).

So there is a set story regardless of what the Exile or Revan did before? If the Exile and Revan are part of the story, then parts of the game must be based off their previous actions which will most likely have to be "told to the game" through somebody. K2's example was Atton in the Peragus jail.

Twitter | @Insevin

Walker, those are some good ideas. But how would they be decided? You pick in the beginning? That's why many people think KOTOR 3 should follow canon. I agree I would like a non canon but as it looks right now... I don't think the devs would try that hard

62nzp7r.jpg

Why really does canon matter? Is it not pretty much what "was intended" for the "real story" or something like that? As long as K3 is not modeled for the canon option, it is really irrelevant whether it exists, no? Now whether or not K3 respects K1 & K2 canon is another matter. It is unfair to respect K1 & K2 canon for those who did not follow it whereas it is nearly impossible to form a game otherwise.

If the Exile and Revan are part of the story, then parts of the game must be based off their previous actions which will most likely have to be "told to the game" through somebody.

Thats my thoughts.

* Also about what I mentioned here, would it be wise to include K1 characters? (Of course assuming canon was accounted for.)

* Oh and I've found that Architect is speculating the exact same thing here. Good points. Any way you go, it leads to a fight (if thats the mood, which I believe would only be a potential possibility).

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

I'm not sure why we're arguing about canon or not... quite honestly, neither should effect the story line much. I think Obsidian purposefully made the game end in a place that was exactly the same regardless of alignment and sex. You're going off alone to find and help Revan who is fighting the True Sith.

Sure, you can tell it LFRevan & LFExile but all that's going to do is perhaps change which characters show up in a few cut scenes.

Personally I'd like a little more specific wrap ups to Revan's & the Exile's stories, but it's just not going to happen.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

I'm not sure why we're arguing about canon or not... quite honestly, neither should effect the story line much. I think Obsidian purposefully made the game end in a place that was exactly the same regardless of alignment and sex. You're going off alone to find and help Revan who is fighting the True Sith.

Sure, you can tell it LFRevan & LFExile but all that's going to do is perhaps change which characters show up in a few cut scenes.

Personally I'd like a little more specific wrap ups to Revan's & the Exile's stories, but it's just not going to happen.

I think most people would probably want K1 & K2 to matter for K3. "quite honestly, neither should effect the story line much" Thats what I actually came to a conclusion of. At first I thought no canon would be great but then I said wait... why does it even matter?

Close canon arguments for now, no?

Twitter | @Insevin

Did anyone else think that the Dark Side is a lot more powerfull in KOTOR games than the Light Side? When I'm evil in the games I can just kill anyone so easily, it's so much harder as a good guy. They could balance this out pretty easily though. Seeing as how the Dark Side is the easy path and the quicker path, I think that the game should make it a lot easier to get fully dark in the game and you become more powerful a lot more quickly. The light side takes patience and what-not so it should take a lot longer to become fully light side and it should take you longer to strengthen up. The balancing part here is that the Dark Side leads to a lot more conflict within your group. This could lead to possibly having to 'put down' a few party members who want to challange your power (show me one Dark Jedi/Sith group that HASN'T had tons of fightingwithin itself) or good guys might want to leave you. The first KOTOR did this rather nicely, because you wouldn't get Juhani if you were evil and at the end you had to kill so many of your former allies. It was kind of stupid how no good guys in the second game felt compelled to do anything about your evil.

Guest The Architect

The dark side is all about brute force and power so it's naturally going to be more lethal, not so much more powerful, just quicker. A light side character can be really powerful defensively but it just takes longer to kill your enemies because you're not spamming them with force storm, death field and what not. There really needs to be a showdown between party members would for KotOR3, regardless, since your crew couldn't possibly be full of good guys all the way through without some dramas.

You just answered your own speculation. The reason why it's been argued that there shouldn't be canon in KotOR3 is because it's not needed, so why **** up something that doesn't need to be ****ed up in the first place, and by ****ed up, I mean destroy the characters we played as in the games by replacing the variants with some canon sack of ****.

Edited by The Architect

I read somewhere the following as an idea for a possible plot for K3:

You start off, during the Mandalorian Wars, as a street thug on Coruscant, then work your way up the underground meatheap, until you try to rob/kill/whatever a jedi, but he realizes you hav a force sensitivity. You get accepted into the Jedi Order... You recieve your training, etc. etc, but then Revan goes off to fight in the war but you can choose join him (gets you ds pts b/c the council tells you not to) or not (ls). If you go, ur ships malfuctions/gets shot down over a planet. If you dont, the council sends you there for some reason. Either way, you meet some kind of assassin there, who follows you for the rest of the game. On that planet, you find an ancient ruin. Inside, there is a painting of either a Rakatan or a True Sith (not sure which one yet).

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

The dark side is all about brute force and power so it's naturally going to be more lethal, not so much more powerful, just quicker. A light side character can be really powerful defensively but it just takes longer to kill your enemies because you're not spamming them with force storm, death field and what not. There really needs to be a showdown between party members would for KotOR3, regardless, since your crew couldn't possibly be full of good guys all the way through without some dramas.

You just answered your own speculation. The reason why it's been argued that there shouldn't be canon in KotOR3 is because it's not needed, so why **** up something that doesn't need to be ****ed up in the first place, and by ****ed up, I mean destroy the characters we played as in the games by replacing the variants with some canon sack of ****.

And I thought I was the only one who could dominate with Lightside jedi. Sorry to say I hate people who are light jedi.. and get Force Storm...

62nzp7r.jpg

meh, you could always have a mass effect esque character creation (well, a derivative anyway)

Basically when you start a new game you create your character, then on another screen you have a FAR less in depth character creation for Revan and Exile (I'm thinking your character gets a mass effect esque face builder and so on, while revan and exile get the eight "stock" faces from the previous games). and that's it, in the first two "levels" of the game you interact with Revan and Exile, these interactions define the Light/Dark alignment. Interactions being you're given a job, por Exemple take care of an officer who's work is sub-par, you can deal with him any way you wish (kill, punish or give a pep talk) and depending on what you did, Revan/Exile will react like you did it the right way. so if you kill the guy your mentor is dark, you pep talked he's light, and if you just punished him he's grey with shades of light.

While this would lead to fanboy rage in cases I think that it'd be one of the only ways you could fit Revan and Exile into a game without either controlling them or making their part a non speaking bit part.

:shrugs: of course I'm probably not coherent at this point because I'm so tired.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Guest The Architect

Nah, you mask them, using Nihilus' gear for the Exile, have them both as "fake/undercover" or real Sith fighting against the True Sith and give both characters 2 voice actors each, one for male and one for female. They could be controllable characters at some point in the latter stages of the game, but they don't need to be.

There wouldn't be that much difference in their dialogue depending on alignment, because all that's different is their intent, otherwise there's no need to make them out to be angels or devils. Especially the latter. Just look at Malak, a prime example of how not to portray a villain. :)

Nah, you mask them, using Nihilus' gear for the Exile, have them both as "fake/undercover" or real Sith fighting against the True Sith and give both characters 2 voice actors each, one for male and one for female. They could be controllable characters at some point in the latter stages of the game, but they don't need to be.

There may be some who will then confuse the Exile with Darth Nihilus, and others may start going back to the Nihilus-is-spawn-of-Exile conclusion. And also, are you going to see a black void behind that mask, or are you going to get to see eye, skin, and hair color?

And also, on a more significant detail, what happens if Revan and the Exile get a crappy voice actor? I remember 10 years ago people begging for Link not to have a voice in Ocarina of Time because when Mario finally had a voice in Super Mario 64, they thought it was absolutely terrible. And then there's also the whole notion of what they're supposed to sound like. For one individual, their female Exile may have an Alabama accent, while for another, their male Exile may have a French accent.

There wouldn't be that much difference in their dialogue depending on alignment, because all that's different is their intent, otherwise there's no need to make them out to be angels or devils. Especially the latter. Just look at Malak, a prime example of how not to portray a villain. :lol:

And again, as TSL proved, Revan isn't the character we made in K1 anymore, and most likely the Exile isn't the character we made in TSL (but they're still the same individual, so any physical features would either have to be unnoticeable or flexible according to the player). And one of the major deviations that TSL introduced was the graying of Dark and Light, so the dialogue according to alignment shouldn't be much of an issue (and gender is easy to do).

DAWUSS

When the player is not in combat and has his lightsaber deactivated, it should go on his belt where it belongs. Jedi don't carry around their lightsabers all the time, they only take them out when a fight is imminent. The rest of the time the lightsaber is kept on the belt.

Also, the player, as well as any other Jedi and sith characters in the game, should have a hood on his cloak that he can wear over his head, or throw back off his head if he wishes. This would give a much more realistic appearance to the Jedi and sith in the game. Plus it looks really cool. :lol: