Chosen one have pip-boy, Michael have iphone

Just a small stunt to make game more funny.

As we know, pip-boy play the role of map, quest list and mini hard disk.

So I think, why not to design some old elements of RPG in a more novelty way?

PDA,notebook or mobilephone could play such a role.Mobilephone is best choice because it's more closer to daily life. For me of course it should be the most popular mobilephone-iphone :shifty: (In fact my father using it now, I'm still using out-time N70 o:) )

Here are the function the iphone in AP should have:

First, of course is the map function. Today we have so advanced PC grachic technology. So why not make it like google map. And add some function such as GPS and filtration.

Second, GTA have a amazing broadcasting music. Now iphone could using itunes to do a better job than GTA. We could download music from web shop. If we could hear our favor R&R when we are joining a gun fighting, what a cool feeling! Also we could down Asian pop music when we are in Taipei, you guys will like Chinese style of Jay chou and Faye's heaven voice(the singer of FF8 theme music <eyes on me>). And there will be Mexico music, russian music(Vitas!), Rome music...How seductive it will be :lol:

Third, it can't be imaged that model agent never have a call. So iphone should have it's basic function---call. It will be a creative design in RPG. But I think it won't be very hard. We could use it to communicate with these important NPC and hot girls in worldwide. We could use it to get quset ,get information, push plot going and so on. It will make whole game structure various and funny. A necessary innovation. Also, short message is necessary too.

Four, notepad. Something like quest list and information note, maybe something more.

Five, Internet. Can't image a model agent don't use WIFI. Too sleepy to think about this part, see you guys tomorrow~ zzzzzzzzz.....

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

russian music(Vitas!)

Dear God. No modern Russian pop music, please. Even balalaikas are more acceptable.

That said, I'm all for the idea of a stylish gadget serving as journal. Not so sure about being stuck with a specific phone/PDA that exists IRL. I'm not a fan of product placement.

20795.jpg

let me hear your balalaika ringing out, come and keep your comrade warm, I'm back at the U.S.S.R! :lol:

Goddamnit Beatles, I can't see word balalaika without immeaditly making the connection :sad:

Not bad idea but please, no iPhone or any other official product

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Some kind of "no-name" PDA would probably do. Otherwise, it could be:

Selfcontained Encyclopedia & Guidance Apparatus

No agent should leave home without his S.E.G.A. ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Some kind of "no-name" PDA would probably do. Otherwise, it could be:

Selfcontained Encyclopedia & Guidance Apparatus

No agent should leave home without his S.E.G.A. :*

Hah ;)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I bet the pip-boy and any CIA spy gear can actually send multimedia text messages and open directories/files when plugged into a PC.

Yeah, I'm talking about you, iPhone! *shakes fist in anger*

...is dat sum heartagram I see thar?

It could be called Ophone, Xphone, Feargus' phone, and have different shape. It doesn't matter.

As I said that's just a small stunt.

But the third point I metioned isn't a stunt. A telephone system should be consider seriousily by all designers who want to create a model time RPG.

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

I bet the pip-boy and any CIA spy gear can actually send multimedia text messages and open directories/files when plugged into a PC.

Dat is sum Him, rite?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It could be called Ophone, Xphone, Feargus' phone, and have different shape. It doesn't matter.

As I said that's just a small stunt.

But the third point I metioned isn't a stunt. A telephone system should be consider seriousily by all designers who want to create a model time RPG.

I would actually buy a FeargusPhone (or fPhone, as it were). I demand that Obsidian make one! :ermm:

Edited by Pavlos
StarWarsKnights.com -- Do not invent details which are not in the play

Dat is sum Him, rite?

rite, dat is indeed sum HIM

I was just surprised to see heartagram as avatar for american games developer, heh :ermm:

( HIM is very popular finnish band with fans across the globe, I think they're most succesfull finnish band of the moment possibly sans Nightwish )

Too late! The game White Gold will already be using a PDA/Smart phone for stuff like this. We even had this exact same discussion over at their board, which is when I made this (pretty lame) picture:

WG_Iphone.jpg

I was trying to show them how I imagined it would look like in-game.. :ermm:

Notice how I also happened to use the Iphone as the example.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Shoe phone.

I recalled watching that old 1960s spy serial TV show when I was a kid. That guy used his shoe as a phone that requires twirling the the circle to dial numbers. :(

Edited by Zoma

And it goes full circle, I have Sonata Arctica (another Finn band) as my iPhone's ring.

Hmm, wonder what Thorton would use...

My ex was huge fan of Sonata.

I don't know any fans of HIM personally though they're numerous :lol:

anyway, this is off-topic...

My mother bought a collector's edit of the HIM collected singles album for herself last year. It was pretty decent. but I liked the band more before the whole love metal sellout. I do admit that it's nice everyone and their granny listens to it here. Or used to.

As for Sonata Arctica, Kakko has a good voice and did a great duet for Nightwish's Astral Romance(2001 version) That's about it. And that's about it for me and symphonic metal as well.

And me and off-topic.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

My mother bought a collector's edit of the HIM collected singles album for herself last year. It was pretty decent. but I liked the band more before the whole love metal sellout. I do admit that it's nice everyone and their granny listens to it here. Or used to.

The only one I remember hearing in the past was their version of "Wicked Games" (which blew Chris Isaaks version away). An old CD with Apocalyptica (which I mostly got for their covers of old Metallica classics) is all I have with Finnish bands :blush10:

Hmm... Finnish rock music, that *would* be an unusual soundtrack for a game :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The only one I remember hearing in the past was their version of "Wicked Games" (which blew Chris Isaaks version away). An old CD with Apocalyptica (which I mostly got for their covers of old Metallica classics) is all I have with Finnish bands :blush10:

Hmm... Finnish rock music, that *would* be an unusual soundtrack for a game :thumbsup:

Isaaks supposedly thanked Valo for the great cover. You have to face it that there's been a wealth of horrible covers of "Wicked Game", so I guess I understand the old guy.

I have that Apocalyptica cd as well. Man, it's a small world.

kirottu said: