Bioshock to get big scren treatment

I liked the Wing Commander film :(

I got enjoyment out of it...and I didn't even know it was based on a game the first time I saw it ;(

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I actually chose the name Hurlshot while playing the original Wing Commander. It was a pretty special game to me, the first I ever played that really felt epic in scope and story.

The movie was pretty painful, but mostly because the Kilrathi looked absolutely horrid.

I actually chose the name Hurlshot while playing the original Wing Commander. It was a pretty special game to me, the first I ever played that really felt epic in scope and story.

I guess I know now that I've been here to long because I knew that before you posted it. You were trying to find something that sounded hockey-related, yada yada yada...right?

Is there, like, any good and intelligent Hollywood directors these days anyway?

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Ridley Scott is good director but pretty much all visuals and top-notch executing of elements- he hasn't written anything for his films and he doesn't have that certain pouring your heartblood into work aspect great artists have

edit: well that isn't entirely true considering how great attention he gives to all of his movies and little details in it but it's not like I could see Scott making movie criticising society or philosophising one...

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Ridley Scott is good director but pretty much all visuals and top-notch executing of elements- he hasn't written anything for his films and he doesn't have that certain pouring your heartblood into work aspect great artists have

I tend to disagree. Ridley is a perfectionist, that's what really counts. After all, Alien, Blade Runner and 1492 are imo his best works and set the standards in many disciplines very high. Also, American Gangsters proves that he isn't all about top-notch visuals alone....

I thought the directing in American Gangster was one of its weak points. The script didn't help, though.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I wonder how "Avatar", the next big Sci-Fi epic from James Cameron turns out. He's imo totally overrated. And then there's "Citizen Siege" from Lorne Lanning I'm looking forward to. And "Tree of Life" from Malick since he makes these utterly beautiful and weird movies... But I can't think of anything else to look forward to. I don't go very often into cinema these days anymore.... And that Bioshock movie leaves me cold.

The movie was pretty painful, but mostly because the Kilrathi looked absolutely horrid.

They looked worse than in the games? I still remember LMAO at how ridiculous the Kilrathi looked in the games.

Well, I remember the animated Kilrathi, which looked great in the first two. Once it went FMV, they were terrible, but there weren't any real movement scenes for them in the game. Plus, I expect crappy FMV in a game, but not a movie. They should have hired the Henson studio, the one that did Farscape.

Edited by Hurlshot

I'm sure you're a much better director than anyone in Hollywood. Please make us a Bioshock movie in your basement, just hold the 4chan humor because some of us might not understand it.

I wonder how "Avatar", the next big Sci-Fi epic from James Cameron turns out.

heh i'm kinda curious to see how many people i'll recognise in it

they've been filming here in wellington for it, and i know a few people that have been in a few scenes

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I'm sure you're a much better director than anyone in Hollywood. Please make us a Bioshock movie in your basement, just hold the 4chan humor because some of us might not understand it.

Being better director than comfortable chunk of Hollywood hacks isn't big deal. I do not possess experience nor training in art of film making to be compared to any of them so it is clear I can't direct Bioshock movie "in my basement". Also, you just used aeons old strawman argument which is bloody ridiculous.

And what's up with you coining me and that webpage together?

Or a course in directing movies.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'd love to do that actually

edit: though that's not going to happen :lol:

Edited by Xard