NHL

lols the Caps failed to score on a 9 minute powerplay :D

9 minute powerplay?! :o

It came after a big (I guess most would say clean) hit by some guy named Sloan (don't know of him) on Daymond Langkow; Rene Bourque got kinda pissed and jumped Sloan in retaliation. Got a 5 minute major for fighting (no fighting major for the Caps player) 2 minutes for instigating and 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct (I think he said something to the ref) which were counted as penalties to be served (he also took a personal 10 minute misconduct).

The powerplay execution was so bad, that through the halfway mark of it, I was hoping the Caps wouldn't score. It's not as if the Flames were amazing penalty killers either, just such a fail. :p

Technically, 7 minutes into the powerplay, the Caps took a penalty themselves (they deserved it, there were a lot of kinda questionable make-up calls for the flames after that one though), but still...

Oh, the Flames just won. :p

Edited by Qwerty the Sir

Hawks blank the butt-Oilers

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yeah, sure, I mean they totally would have won had they simply scored more goals than the Hawks

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Actually Edmonton hasn't played a complete sixty minute game yet this season. There's been a period or two where they look like the real deal, but for the most part the chemistry on the forward lines has been shaky at best.

To be completely honest, the Oilers barely deserved most of their four wins so far.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Well, the Hawks have played well for the most part this year, but have really lacked killer instinct and have shown zero aggressiveness after getting leads. They're young and haven't really learned how to win on the big stage, but I was hoping things would turn around sooner rather then later. Hawks fans probably are thinking last night might be the beginning of things changing, but like you said, the Oilers are a totally gay bunch of hosers who don't even belong in Disney on Ice's Highschool Musical II and there should be no pride in beating those disgustingly pathetic mouth breathers

Woo, third win of the season! I wouldn't care unless there had been rumours flying around that Sundin has been very impressed with the young Leafs and the way the coach has them playing hockey! They're saying he's off to somewhere to get himself in shape and then perhaps rejoin the Leafs! That would be awesome. Right now they lack heart, leadership and someone who can score a bunch. Go Sundin!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Only Montreal, Boston and Minnesota have yet to lose in regulation. Buffalo plays Minnesota tonight, so hopefully that situation will change. Montreal doesn't play again till Saturday when they host Anaheim.

I watched the Minn/Chicago game a few nights back, I have to say, Minnesota looks really good. I wasn't expecting them to be much this year but in fairness they didn't miss the playoffs by that much last year.

I'm really glad I didn't shell out the 14 bucks for the oilers ppv yesterday. My team is really struggling:(

Montreal managed to shut out Minnesota on 10 powerplay chances, including almost 4 minutes of 5 on 3 time in order to get the 2-1 win. :(

I'm pretty sure that you're right about that, Alan. Plus we had a few preseason games televised as well.

I'm not sure about ordering Oiler PPVs anymore. Too much Gene Principe and not enough production value for my liking.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.