The GTA4 objectively unbias game review from someone who care about gaming

Do you use the handbrake a lot?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Right, I was going to suggest not using the handbrake, and when you do use it, use it for only a split second and make sure you're got your finger on the regular brake. Also, remember, the friction you're using to slow the car down won't be used towards turning the car, so you have to slow down before the turn, then let off the brake for your turn, tapping it as needed.

Edited by thepixiesrock

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Every car handles differently.

For the fast cars, it's better to use the regular brake just before making a turn. It's better not to use the handbrake, except when making sudden stops, then you just use both.

For heavier cars, using the handbrake while turning is more effective, but be sure to immediately steer in the opposite direction of the turn whilst braking or you'll pull a 180. See the Pixar movie Cars for this technique.

In no way keep the acceleration button pressed at all time.

Edited by Pope

Sounds complicated... why can't driving cars always be like in Burnout?

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

If you know how to drive a realy car it shouldn't be a problem. Unless your name is Krookie.

It isn't mutually exclusive. I didn't say you wouldn't be able to drive well in this game if you don't drive.

Guest The Architect
If I hear one more "driving is bad" comment I'm going to drive myself of a pier.

It's true though, the driving is horrendous in GTA IV.

Nah I agree, the driving isn't bad, it's good. It's more of a frustration than a complaint from the people who don't like the driving I reckon. I can quite easily imagine someone doing a mission in GTA IV, screwing up their driving in it and going "Oh **** me the driving's ****in' ****!" rather than blaming themselves.

If I hear one more "driving is bad" comment I'm going to drive myself of a pier.

It's true though, the driving is horrendous in GTA IV.

Nah I agree, the driving isn't bad, it's good. It's more of a frustration than a complaint from the people who don't like the driving I reckon. I can quite easily imagine someone doing a mission in GTA IV, screwing up their driving in it and going "Oh **** me the driving's ****in' ****!" rather than blaming themselves.

the only time I ever got frustrated while driving was when you were kidnapping the girl.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It isn't mutually exclusive. I didn't say you wouldn't be able to drive well in this game if you don't drive.

I know, I wasn't saying you were wrong, I was pointing out how badly Krookie sucks.

Then I think that's something we can all get behind.

I know, I wasn't saying you were wrong, I was pointing out how badly Krookie sucks.

Your mom is something we can all get behind

Your mom is something we can all get behind

:wub:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Hey Krookie, Hades really liked that joke. It was a Hades-worthy joke. I think that's a sufficient insult.

Hey Krookie, Hades really liked that joke. It was a Hades-worthy joke. I think that's a sufficient insult.

:wub:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

You'll have to wake up pretty early in the morning to Hades me.

:(

I've also come to the conclusion that the save system sucks. Before I was playing, and I had played for a half hour or so and was going out with friends. So I go to my safehouse and as I'm approaching the bed the phone rings and Roman sends me on a mission. Then the game wouldn't let me save because I was in the middle of a mission. I just shut the game off and left.

This game gets a 7.5/10

-Repetitive missions

-Mediocre driving controls

-Worse shooting controls

-Bad save system

I've also come to the conclusion that the save system sucks. Before I was playing, and I had played for a half hour or so and was going out with friends. So I go to my safehouse and as I'm approaching the bed the phone rings and Roman sends me on a mission. Then the game wouldn't let me save because I was in the middle of a mission. I just shut the game off and left.

This game gets a 7.5/10

-Repetitive missions

-Mediocre driving controls

-Worse shooting controls

-Bad save system

What the crap? What do you mean by repetitive missions?

Driving controls are fantastic and realistic. Unless you mean the actual buttons you use to control driving, in which case it's just regular racing game controls, and I'm pretty sure you can change them anyway.

Shooting is a super improvement over all the other games. Cover and the ability to control where you shoot the person on their body. Unless you mean that actual buttons you use to shoot, but I don't understand how they could be bad.

Save system is the same as all the games except for the fact that they added auto saves, so it's just better. You could shut the game off and come back to after the last mission.

10/10