Sniper FPS

Deer Hunter 2

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Battlefield 2 is the best sniper experience I've ever had in a game. The maps are big enough where you can actually put yourself far enough away to not be easily seen, and the shots are strong enough to get a kill from a couple hundred yards out.

Hidden & Dangerous 2 is a tactical fps similar to the early rainbow 6 series and just as fun. Set during WW2 you pick four SAS soldiers and equip them with whatever you desire from a huge list of weapons and equipment. This has to last them for the whole campaign (there are about 4-5). You can also take anything the enemy germans had on them when they were killed.

The planning phase is accessed during the mission rather than before it, allowing you to make alterations to your plan on the fly. Most missions take place outdoors, so sniper rifles are a very valid choice and see a lot of action. H&D 2 had some really fantastic multiplayer maps for sniping and there is still a good sized community who play it.

H&D1 is pretty old now but it can be downloaded for free at file planet, it may be a pain to get working on newer machines.

edited for clarity

-----

Hurlshot is absolutly right about BF2 by the way.

Edited by Jinx

H&D is an awsome game, one of the few that got away with being gamestoppingly buggy, yet still worth buying (though patches have fixed most of the issues).

H&D2 was ultimately superior though.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Deus Ex

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Operation Flashpoint

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

After having some fun in Bloodlines with the sniper rifle, are there any good FPS games that let you use a sniper rifle as your main weapon?

Deus Ex.

Best sniper weapons are the sniper rifle, pistol, plasma rifle and rocket launcher. Although only two of these are stealth weapons (guess which ones).

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, if you have yet to play it. There's tons of sniping ground, a wide selection of weaponry that can be scoped and everything happens in the tastefully dilapitated radiated hellscene of Chernobyl. Soviet nostalgia, jamming East-Bloc rifles, brooding rainswept vistas where wind plays with broken steel barrels and half-torn trees, the constant ticking of Geiger counter lulling the player to a post-apocalyptic vision far more indepth and complete than its predecessors such as Glow ever managed.

It's not perfect by any means, but a great game nevertheless.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. runs nicely on my old 2.8 Ghz P4 with an old 256mb gfx card :thumbsup:

It is all about sneaking, sniping, ambushing and generally avoiding hostiles, as there is no real benefit to fighting them (unless part of a mission).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

as there is no real benefit to fighting them (unless part of a mission).

Yeah, but its FUN, which is an important part of combat in an FPS.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

as there is no real benefit to fighting them (unless part of a mission).

Yeah, but its FUN, which is an important part of combat in an FPS.

you mean, which is an important part of games in general?

Ha no, just in FPS..oh wait, nevermind :thumbsup:

I think another reason I love the combat in STALKER is that I have no idea what anybody is saying, which lends the whole affair a suitably metaphysical vibe.

Wait what's that? You need a medkit? Or did you just say my butt looks fat from that angle? ha well never know. (Because I'll never learn Russian)