What you did today

Walsingham

mine pays for nothing until i meet a $5k deductible. price you pay for working at a small company. given the health issues john and i have had this year, it's been a costly mistake on average. on the bright side, i do get "negotiated" terms on all my bills, which work out to about 75% or so of the actual bill. won't matter since i think we both "crossed over" already this year, hehe.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

my buddy is preparing to do something similar with the code we've been working. he's stuck on a build script that was written for native compiles, but we have no choice but to cross-compile. apparently it isn't an easy task. so here i sit...

taks

You're probably right. Mine will likely be the same. It's "gold standard" but I doubt it will cover elective surgery to my teeth. *thinks* maybe I could get someone to punch the tooth out? Would have to be very very accurate.

I got sunscreen in my eyes earlier and now I can't see properly. It's like I'm in a love scene of an old movie.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I made a big batch of iced tea today but it ended up being no more than lightly flavored water but its still kind of addicting.... I'm sorry walsh, I've shamed the tradition.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Don't ask. All I'll say is this:

i iz teh viktor

At least post a picture of your hands.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

i iz teh viktor

Or his feet! No! His FOREHEAD!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

i iz teh viktor

bruised knuckles are annoying :rolleyes:

the last fight i got in i broke the dudes tailbone. well... i knocked him over and he fell on something

today i went to visit an ex after i finished work and she made me coffee and gave me candy o:)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

My older brother once knocked a guy out with one punch. He was so surprised he fell over himself! :shifty: Luckily the feat so impressed and amused by standers they jumped in as well.

-Elwood Blues

I made a big batch of iced tea today but it ended up being no more than lightly flavored water but its still kind of addicting.... I'm sorry walsh, I've shamed the tradition.

unfortunately, i can no longer drink caffeinated beverages. sniff.

taks

unfortunately, i can no longer drink caffeinated beverages. sniff.

taks

why on earth not?

how do you survive not being able to drink brain-juice?

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

anxiety. caffeine makes it difficult to keep under control. of course, giving up caffeine causes issues, too. i'd prefer not to spend the rest of my life taking xanax. hopefully once i graduate things will improve. two weeks and two days to go.

taks

Guest The Architect

I'm really worried about my dog, Sasha, the dog in my sig. Just yesterday we discovered this small internal lump toward the upper part of her leg. So we took her to the vet as it could be the onset of a cancer/tumour. Given the position of the lump, the vet wasn't able to get enough sample to test whether it's serious or not, so given the uncertainty of what it is, just in case it is something bad and grows into something incurable, she's having it removed tomorrow in an operation, although given her age of 9, there's no certainty she'll wake up from the anaesthetic, and to lose her would be devastating, especially given the suddenness of it all and if the op was all for nothing. Does anyone know what her chances are of surviving the op? It's only a pea sized lump and she's a healthy dog and everything, just, on the wrong side of age as far as ops go.

Edited by The Architect

Jackie Chan's family live in Australia though, don't they?

Last night I had a dream that Bioware got a new forum but hadn't told anybody yet and I found it through Google and then at the sign-up you also had the option to apply as a Moderator so I did so and apparently used my real-life Curriculum Vitae. And then Krookie commented on it with, "That explains a few things." :sweat: And I was the 25th member.

Then it transformed into me serenading Bioware employees outside a building and I got the job and went on a tour of the facility but it was actually a high-school with hot babes.

Hanging out too much with Volourn again? :sweat:

Not really doing much these days, just alternating between work and sleep.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

anxiety. caffeine makes it difficult to keep under control. of course, giving up caffeine causes issues, too. i'd prefer not to spend the rest of my life taking xanax. hopefully once i graduate things will improve. two weeks and two days to go.

taks

I have a friend who has the same problem. There are a lot ofd really good cinnamon (natural cinnamon) teas which give a positive hit. The other thing I do to wake up if there's no boiling facilities is chew raw ginger.

-Elwood Blues

I have a retake for Linguistic Change and Variation in English this evening, but I'm not feeling particularly studious. Iikku left for uni earlier this morning, since she had her diction test and I missed her like a stupid dork, ugh...

So, I'm just reclining here and being an idiot in Teh Internets, thinking of maybe watching Code Geass r2 for the moment.

I'm dreary since I have sleep-induced EEG test on Friday morning and know that I have to deprive myself of sleep the following night. It's making me awfully anxious since I hate being tired and not only have to pay for train to get home for the test, but also miss out my changes of scouring the school library for secondary academic sources for my American Modernism essay. Blargh, blaagh.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Guest The Architect
Jackie Chan's family live in Australia though, don't they?

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Thesis, sleep, church, video games, Colbert Report, Obsidian. repeat ad nauseum with varying degrees and there you have the year 2008 for me.

No idea about the dog Architect, but if the op could potentially kill him it strikes me as rather hasty that they would go ahead and do it tomorrow? And is the dog showing any signs of illness?

Guest The Architect
No idea about the dog Architect, but if the op could potentially kill him it strikes me as rather hasty that they would go ahead and do it tomorrow? And is the dog showing any signs of illness?

Her, no she isn't showing any signs of illness and yeah, you make a good point. She should be fine, but there's no guarantees of what will happen.

Guest The Architect

Thanks. I think she'll be right. And to answer your question Tigranes, the reason why they're operating ASAP is because if it's a cancer/tumour it'd be logical to have it removed as quickly as possible before it gets too bad.

Sorry to hear that, TA. I know how close attached you can get to a dog. Although I've never owned one myself (I can't bear the responsibility, as well as keeping irregular habits).

I don't much about veterinary science, but I'm sure my mum won't beoffended if I reiterate the principles we've been using to help her:

1) High morale

2) Healthy eating

3) Gentle exercise

4) Being fired out of a cannon

One of these is a lie.

-Elwood Blues