Stargate Atlantis, SG-1 & Sci-Fi Channel Thread

walkerguy

Ark of Truth was one giant Deus Ex Machina to the Ori arc. But these "Sci-Fi" shows have been doing that constantly since at least the original Star Trek. It was still better than anything to come out of the Ori arc.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

desktop_01_800.jpg

Stargate: Atlantis

*Cast Spoilers Below*

Its generally confirmed all the way around:

Stargate Atlantis will continue in July '08

The good news: we're airing early this year, starting in the summer. So hopefully our ratings will stay up, and most importantly, you won't have long to wait for more Stargate.

Besides Atlantis, only Eureka is a Sci-Fi channel original series show that is ready to air in summer 2008. Most shows were shut down by the writers strike. However, Atlantis and Eureka, both in Canada, were able to continue uninterrupted. Both shows seem to be scheduled to air in the early summer.

After being a regular character in season four Amanda Tapping (Colonel Samantha Carter) will become a guest star in several episodes of season five. Robert Picardo (Richard Woolsey) joins the cast as a permanent character as Woolsey assumes command of Atlantis. Actress Jewel Staite (Dr. Jennifer Keller) also is promoted from a recurring character to a permanent cast member. Both Michael Shanks (Dr. Daniel Jackson) and Paul McGillion (Dr. Carson Beckett) will appear as guest stars in this season, with McGillion appearing in five episodes. A new character named Captain Alicia Vega (formerly named Alison Porter), played by actress Leela Savasta, will become a recurring member in the season, who will lead her own team from episode four onwards, while Dr. Alison Porter will first appear in the fourth episode. Actress Torri Higginson has stated that she won't be reprising her role as Dr. Elizabeth Weir in the fifth season.

Biggest changes: addition of Robert Picardo (Dr. D

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment

The Stargate Worlds team is building an MMORPG based on the Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis TV series, with playable areas based on historical and fictional human time periods and alien environments.

Unique features of the Stargate Worlds game include modern ranged combat, stealth, cover and scouting; exploration using Stargates for instantaneous travel, and new player accessibility with options for crafting, construction and research for non-combat game play.

The Stargate brand has unprecedented global strength for a science fiction TV series:

Stargate SG-1 is a premium brand with worldwide name recognition

Has a loyal weekly fan-base of 17-22 million viewers

MGM continued investment

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

It is, however, not the longest running science fiction series on television ever.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

The debate about whether Doctor Who or Stargate SG-1 is the longest running sci-fi show is long and tortuous. It all depends on how you define 'longest', i.e. total years, consecutive years, total episodes, total seasons, episode length, total screen time etc.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It's not that long and arduous. Doctor Who is the longest running with the longest period of run and number of episodes. However, Stargate SG-1 is considered it by Guiness because Doctor Who supposedly had a break somewhere in the initial run.

Edited by Tale

I don't watch Doctor Who and I watch few SG-1 episodes. As of late, I'm occupied with Atlantis. If Who ran longer than SG-1, fine by me. I'm interested in Stargate Worlds for the Atlantis related content as well. And Stargate's third show- I havn't hardly even heard much news about that. I don't know what they're doing.

Twitter | @Insevin

Don't forget that TORCHWOOD is available for free on the BBC iplayer. That means without ads, and entirely legal.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Don't forget that TORCHWOOD is available for free on the BBC iplayer. That means without ads, and entirely legal.

Yes, if you live in the UK or Ireland. Otherwise it's blocked, as is the link to Mitchell & Webb (one of my favourite comedy duos) in your signature, you cold-hearted meanie!

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I don't watch Doctor Who and I watch few SG-1 episodes. As of late, I'm occupied with Atlantis. If Who ran longer than SG-1, fine by me. I'm interested in Stargate Worlds for the Atlantis related content as well. And Stargate's third show- I havn't hardly even heard much news about that. I don't know what they're doing.

You are missing out on some good Sci Fi. In terms of acting, writing, and the overall good fun in sci fi Doctor Who, both the original and the second series, are superior to the Stargate series.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Yes, if you live in the UK or Ireland. Otherwise it's blocked, as is the link to Mitchell & Webb (one of my favourite comedy duos) in your signature, you cold-hearted meanie!

Proxy add-on to Mozilla Firefox!

Man, Torchwood really is something.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Use a proxy that places you in England.

However, Stargate SG-1 is considered it by Guiness because Doctor Who supposedly had a break somewhere in the initial run.

Other than strikes that limited seasons, and scheduled changes to start dates that altered when the season began/ended, the only break Doctor Who suffered was between its 22 and 23 series. Even if you have to count that break, Stargate would still need another 12 seasons to tie the pre-break series.

Basically I don't understand the logic there at all, as it seems to be based solely on an arbitrary interpretation of how the BBC renews its shows, I guess.

Mind you when you open up to all types of shows, they're all eclipsed by news programmes and soaps (some of which started on radio over 60 years ago).

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Evildoers! (Only UK/Ireland)

You are missing out on some good Sci Fi. In terms of acting, writing, and the overall good fun in sci fi Doctor Who, both the original and the second series, are superior to the Stargate series.

*shrugs* I've recently realized a somewhat lacking of deeper character of the guys in Atlantis. :) Improvement needed.

Twitter | @Insevin

Dammit! I'm sure the Queen would let you look at it. She is far too well-mannered to refuse. Use proxies!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Too late, already purchased the DVDs a month or so ago. Well, for the first season.

S T A R G A T E :ermm: U N I V E R S E

stargate_05.jpg

Stargate Universe will not be set in a different era, Cooper confirmed, neither as a prequel nor in the far future of the Stargate program

In spite of being quite distinct in identity from SG-1 and Atlantis, the new series will be unmistakably Stargate

Cooper: "I can tell you what it won't be, which is it really won't be as much of a spin-off of SG-1 as Atlantis was. And it won't be a spin-off of Atlantis. It's going to be a third arm of the franchise that will really stand alone and I think be an entirely new flavor from what we've done before."

If the show is picked up by a network, the most likely scenario is that writing, preproduction, and casting would occur over 2008, and filming commence no earlier than February 2009. The series will have a new cast, but whether it will have familiar faces has yet to be decided. As of March 2008, the series has been pitched to MGM, but the studio has not been ready to comment on it yet.

Robert C. Cooper has revealed that the new series will finally reveal the purpose of the ninth chevron on the Stargate and (like the first two series in the franchise) will take place during the present time, not in the distant future. It would be the first time that the ninth and final chevron is used in a series of the franchise. According to Cooper, "It plays a major factor in the third series.". Brad Wright announced that the ninth chevron "sends us somewhere very interesting".

Fans have long wondered why the ninth and final chevron was created by the Ancients, since normal gate addresses only utilize seven of them. The eighth chevron adds an extra distance calculation, allowing the team to establish a stable wormhole to a Stargate in another galaxy. It was first used in SG-1 Season Two's "The Fifth Race."

This is old news, but I wanted to perhaps open up discussions on the coming third series. :ermm:

Stargate Universes

9th Chevron

Twitter | @Insevin