The world's 193rd country just emerged

Meshugger

Linky.

Considering the history of the balkans, i wonder whether this turns out peacefully.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

What used to be Yugoslavia will probably continue to pslit up until every street in every town is a soverign nation.

And just how will Kosovo maintain an economy? Its a dwarf of a country with no useful resources. Sweden is a small country but we are still 45 times larger than Kosovo... 45 TIMES!!

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I don't know. Do a Luxembourgian model and invite all the banks from the world?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't think that Kosovo has the political stability do even attempt somethink like that!

Whats the point of creating many small indepentant countries and then trying to unite them into the European Union??

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Personally, I thought the Beach Boys really sold out when Kosovo started to top the charts, I mean, I hated C-ocktail for two reasons, one was Tom Cruise and the other was you couldn't hear anything but music from that soundtrack on the radio at the time. Oh wait, that was Kokomo...

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Tis a puppet state thats what it is... And the west who snubbs simmilar separatist pleas all over the world pressured it into creation, likely out of some sense of guilt for messing up in the 90s + to piss of mother Russia heh... Shove over Izrael there`s a new guilt trip pity state in town!

Congrats world... we have a 2mil state with 60% unemployemt where the only thing reasonably organised is crime lol... It`s not even an S of a soverign state... Switzerland & Liechtenstein comparisons are frankly laughable heh... "invite in the banks" lol.

Kosovo will have to be both administered and financed by the EU/US (respectivly I hope, only fair for G.W.B. to pick up the tab after again creating a bit of his legacy) for still quite some time... Hillarious when you think about it...

What used to be Yugoslavia will probably continue to pslit up until every street in every town is a soverign nation.

And just how will Kosovo maintain an economy? Its a dwarf of a country with no useful resources. Sweden is a small country but we are still 45 times larger than Kosovo... 45 TIMES!!

No just Bosnia would seperate into 3 respective entities and the north of Kosovo + Macedonia would dissolve.... Rest is pritty much clear provided the refugees dont start flocking back to their homes (serbs into croatia for ones). But that wont happen cos uncle Sam won`t endorse that, despite it being exactly the same if not more historically justified... Same as how baskia will never gain its independance and neither will tibet or the chechens... It`s a big powers card game and whats "fair" has nothing to do with anything. Its $ and interest...

But Kosovo is rumored to be very rich with mineral deposits... Especially coal they say. A prommised land with everything but where noone has anything ;P (expect halliburton to remedy that asap)

+ European Guantanamo aka Camp Bondsteel adds to the charmin surroundings ofc... The`ll live on tourism.

It all makes a bit more sense now doesnt it heh...

It`ll be fun to watch, the "nation building/social engeniering" as americans put it... Especially since it has a piss poor record. No doubt the chicago boys will move in and usher in the neoliberalism and privatisation led by chosen multinationals, Iraq style... Heck it might even work, its not as if it could get any worse. Safe money`s on another ****up thoe lol...

The biggest bad side I see is the tug of war with international law and the resulting precedans... but meh I guess we ought to be used to international law being tailored to specific situations and needs of the powers at be... Just kicking a close to dead horse heh.

Edited by Gorth
Circumventing the language filter

By browsing through some other forums, i've seen the current "conspiracy theory": Albanians in Macedonia and Greece will soon prompt for independence under similar conditions, which will spark more separatist uprising in the Caucasus-region, Chechenya will continue their uprising and the north of Cyprus, and parts of Moldavia as well.

Kosovo, will like Montenegro and a lesser degree Albania be a grey area in Europe, where at least 50 of the GDP will come from organized crime for the next 20-30 years.

Sounds very pessimistic.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

They will live from the 500 million euros that the EU had promised them for the next 2 years, and from the money that pay USA for their new base, but is too a example of hipocresy, why the serbians of Bosnia and Slavonia (eastern Croatia) can't get their independence and the albanese of Kosovo can? why the serbs of north Kosovo can't be part of Serbia?

If we use this "rules" in all the places Ulster would be independent too, Burgeland with Transilvania, the Vojvodjna and part of Slovakia have important hungarian minories then they can be independent too, and what about the Kurds in Irak and Turkey?, France have supported the "new" state too, then when will they apply the same rules in his country Brittany, Corsica, and Burgundy can be independent too, why not Cornwall, Wales and Scotland independents?, when we will put the R.I.P to Belgium and let Flandes be free? :sweat:

Of course I'm against the independence of Kosovo :(

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

Focus all your attention to Africa and the Middle East any americans- If Britian/Germany/France/EU cant figure it out in Europe/Kosovo/Bosnia/Yugoslavia/ETC/ETC they are due to screw themesleves (no offense to citizens of these).

Twitter | @Insevin

They will live from the 500 million euros that the EU had promised them for the next 2 years, and from the money that pay USA for their new base, but is too a example of hipocresy, why the serbians of Bosnia and Slavonia (eastern Croatia) can't get their independence and the albanese of Kosovo can? why the serbs of north Kosovo can't be part of Serbia?

Serbs of eastern Croatia lol lol lol...you know why? you know why? Because in 1991 Serbia invaded Croatia and Bosnia, it was a civil war for everybody in the world but us. Serbs in Croatia, in Slavonia, so called 'Krajna', together with Serbs form Serbia and JNA forces stormed my country in an attempt to create their Great Serbia. They failed, we stopped them, if they try that again will wipe that scum within borders of our country, something we should of done a long time ago.

They wanted their Great Serbia...and now it's shrinking and shrinking...what goes around comes around Serbs.

Maybe Yugoslavis will turn out to be another example of Thesis/Antithesis. The country will continue to divide into ever smaller pieces until finally, someone will see the benefits of unity and begin the process of unification again. And then there will be another civil war and the country will split again..

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Maybe Yugoslavis will turn out to be another example of Thesis/Antithesis. The country will continue to divide into ever smaller pieces until finally, someone will see the benefits of unity and begin the process of unification again. And then there will be another civil war and the country will split again..

Think, who united Yugoslavia? A communist butcher named Tito, when he died everything began to fall apart. Only with force and repression can you unite countries like in Balkans.

Serbs of eastern Croatia lol lol lol...you know why? you know why? Because in 1991 Serbia invaded Croatia and Bosnia, it was a civil war for everybody in the world but us. Serbs in Croatia, in Slavonia, so called 'Krajna', together with Serbs form Serbia and JNA forces stormed my country in an attempt to create their Great Serbia. They failed, we stopped them, if they try that again will wipe that scum within borders of our country, something we should of done a long time ago.

They wanted their Great Serbia...and now it's shrinking and shrinking...what goes around comes around Serbs.

Hildegard Slavonia is the zone in Eastern Croatia and has frontier with Serbia, Krajna was frontier with Bosnia :thumbsup: , Serbs have the Slavonia under their control yet, but US and the EU didn't let them become independent from Croatia, the same with the Serbs in Bosnia, being croat you should know it, there are serbs in that zones yet, was part of the things Croatia had to accept to recover Vukovar in 1998.

Who united Yugoslavia were the allies at the end of the First World War when given the Serbs Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia, Vojvodjna from the old Habsburgic Empire, and Montenegro.

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

Think, who united Yugoslavia? A communist butcher named Tito, when he died everything began to fall apart. Only with force and repression can you unite countries like in Balkans.

That's the thing. I know this sounds like something from Henry Kissinger or **** Cheney, but if that's what it takes.. then isnt that what you need?

That's the thing. I know this sounds like something from Henry Kissinger or **** Cheney, but if that's what it takes.. then isnt that what you need?

Thats BS on so many levels from both of you... plz if you have little idea of things refrain from funny posts heh...

Good intentions mean nothing. If it can't be done democraticly, it doesn't need to be done- or future situations anyway since this commie's already taken advantage of a weakened U.S.

Tell that to US/Iraq hehe. ;P

Edited by Brdavs

Blame Bush. Blame that moron. Have you ever seen him on TV? If its not written down for him, I swear and I mean it :mellow: he stutters and goes "uhhhh well Congress needs to work. Guhhhh maybe if we invade they will stop being a threat. Right? Whoo-hoo!" I mean a lot of the time the CNN guys are seconds away from cracking up- sometimes it seems like it couldn't be live- theres no way they can keep a straight face with Bush the way he is. This is what I mean by a weak, pathetic U.S. We have had a handful of decent ones [preidents] for domestic issues, such as Clinton (opinion only). But we've no good foriegn policy presidents since WWII, and hardly even then. (Just because Clinton was a :brows: doesn't mean he was a bad president)

As for the Balkans, the U.S. can't handle itself there. Give it to the Europeans; just say cya! Sorry Mr. Bush forgot his wallet. ;)

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

Wait, blame Bush for what?

Iraq of course. :mellow: We really didn't need to do that. Iraq lied to Iran about having weapons so Iran wouldn't attack and instead US attacked. This war is what US gets for meddling in wars that have raged since biblical times. The only way these guys could ever get weapons is with Chinese or Russian support, anyway (or US. But I mean- as if) ;)

Twitter | @Insevin

You know that the stinger missles used by insergents in Iraq mostly have 'made in the USA' written on them since you guys shipped a bunch over when Russia invaded Afganistan, right?

LOL. ;) Yeah that sux.

Twitter | @Insevin