What you did today ...

Fionavar

Transmetropolitan, Cowboy Bebop OST, kebab with rice and a day of chill rain.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Transmetropolitan...

The best damn comic book ever.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Better than Preacher? I don't think so.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yes, better than Preacher, but Preacher is the second best comic book ever.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I'm at work correcting the personal information of 437 scientists who are asking for money.

Because you know, even when they're an Oxford graduate with a PhD in blah blah and earn tens of thousands of US dollars a year, they still typo their email.

Guest The Architect

I'm having a hard time finding objective research information on the effects teleworking has on productivity. Basically I'm trying to find information that speaks positively of it, negatively of it and hopefully something that claims it's an insignificant or minor factor towards work productivity. Like articles/documents from people on it, hopefully with statistics or at least some **** to back up their opinion. **** all luck so far.

Built this.

It's meant for an animation, so it breaks and all the parts are fully movable, but I kinda got carried away on the detail.

Guess I'll animate tomorrow instead :(

I'd buy one. Nice grips.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'd buy one. Nice grips.

That's what she said. :brows:

I've got a question for you Kor. Do you have stupid people there that don't seem to wear hats and/or gloves no matter what the temperature? I ask because it was -20 this morning with a -30 some windchill and it was amazing the number of people I saw walking around without hats and gloves.

i had some free time this week as a contract fell through unepxectedly. So I vounteered to work for my local paper. It's really interesting, especially as it's a jump or two 'down' the ladder from what I used to do. But it's hard work for all that. Lots of running around. It's a good laugh.

-Elwood Blues

Goddamn, Transmetropolitan is so ridiculously good that I'm having a ****ing mediagasm.

G-A-S-M

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I got a new piece of furniture in my office today. As I work in a government office, nobody brings furniture in from home, but there is a stock of supplementary office furniture (i.e., everything beyond desk, office chair, some built-in shelving, and 2 chairs for visitors) that generally gets passed around among the occupants and is the subject of many office political disputes.

It's a small bookcase (roughly 4' high, 3' wide, 18" deep) with glass-paned doors. A co-worker had moved to a new office near mine to get a window, but it was smaller than her previous space, which meant that the bookcase wouldn't fit. Since my (non-window) office was nearby and has extra space, she offered it to me. The finish is damaged in a few places, and the magnetic clasp to hold the left-side door shut is broken off and missing, but it already looks a lot nicer than the conspicuous empty space I had before it arrived.

Now I just need to accumulate some stuff to put inside and on top of it.

And I really would like to snag a coat rack from somewhere to put in the corner...

Edited by Enoch

I found out

really IS easy! :D

Thank you Mythbusters!

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I've got a question for you Kor. Do you have stupid people there that don't seem to wear hats and/or gloves no matter what the temperature? I ask because it was -20 this morning with a -30 some windchill and it was amazing the number of people I saw walking around without hats and gloves.

Of course!! As a matter of fact, I wanted to fire a kid at work today because he's been bitching that it's 'too cold' to go outside to push carts. He says he's coughing up blood and stuff, yada yada yada.

Me myself, I find that thermal underwear plus a hoody under your winter coat does wonders.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I found out
really IS easy! :D

Thank you Mythbusters!

How sick is that... Rather watch

if it has to be mythbuster :p

[edit]

Oh, this thread has a topic. Well, today's dinner didn't come out as intended, because that stupid chicken saltimbocca just wouldn't get to a point where it was eatable. Other than this, nothing worth noting really... Except maybe that I've not been assigned a particular job at work today, so I spent most of my time there reading a lot of theoretical stuff on economy and programming.

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Of course!! As a matter of fact, I wanted to fire a kid at work today because he's been bitching that it's 'too cold' to go outside to push carts. He says he's coughing up blood and stuff, yada yada yada.

Me myself, I find that thermal underwear plus a hoody under your winter coat does wonders.

Damn whiners. Too cold? Bah! Get out there and do your job already!

My entire wardrobe is pretty much good for spring and fall and not much else on either side of those. Even my jacket doesn't seem to feel as warm as it used to, although that might just be my imagination. Luckily I don't usually have to worry about being outside for more than 5 minutes at a time.

In a bizarre twist of fate, the temperature is just below zero now. That means that this week it will probably rain, then start freezing again. I shouldn't bitch about it so much. It's not like it doesn't happen every winter.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.