Foods you eat

The Owner

Guest The Architect

No, Swan Valley is a premier wine and food making region in WA, not actually some type of wine. I only live about 20 minutes away from it.

No, Swan Valley is a premier wine and food making region in WA, not actually some type of wine. I only live about 20 minutes away from it.

i realise that, i was just meaning i'd try it out if i found it

what sort of wines do they do? only reds? only whites? or pretty much everything?

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Guest The Architect

Pretty much everything.

And don't you dare come here! There's already enough Kiwis in WA as it is. :shifty:

Well, Maoris more than anything.

But I can't blame you guys. We're the best.

cool i'll try and find a Pinot Noir or something then :brows:

and i got no plans to go to aussie anytime soon. my sister's already over there, and as far as i'm concerned, you guys deserve her :shifty:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

a generous supply of Australien red wines... :brows:

no offence or anything, but every single australian wine i've tried so far has been terrible

That is because you are a Kiwi. You are naturally biased against Australian wines and think NZ wines are the best in the world (for the record, I lived for some years in New Zealand, having tasted plenty of the local stuff there too). After the second bottle, they all taste good :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Bah! South African reds for the win! There's a particularly nice shiraz grenache called the Assassin with bags of fruity body. Perfect for Christmas food.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't know about the stuff that's consumed locally, but in my experience most of the Aussie reds that are sold here in the States are massive fruit bombs. This makes them popular with the "I don't really like wine" wine-drinkers, but I need more tannins in my reds.

I just ate some breakfast cereal-- the last bits of the raisin bran mixed with some Frosted Flakes.

That is true. It's easy to get confused between colonial reds made for cheapo cretins and the proper good wines they can produce.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The history of Australian wine making is funny and sad at the same time. Two french prisoners of war was brought in to do something about the viticulture (being french, they sort of had to know something about wine, right?). It was such a dismal failure that the two guys got expelled from Australia. Just imagine how bad that wine must have been... being kicked out of a penal colony.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Being kicked out of a penal colony for making bad _booze_.

A penal colony that tolerates Fosters lager.

-Elwood Blues

Steak. Fried with garlic in olive oil, and seasoned with port, soy cream, pepper and nutmeg.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Took my mother to Red Lobster saturday, my treat. Had the Lobster mixed seafood grill or whatever. Included scallops, shrimp, and a maine lobster tail which had been split in the middle. The scallops and shrimp were good and while I rarely find lobster tails to be as big as I expect, this one seemed even smaller than usual. Probably because of how it was cut. It had a very good butter sauce over it.

Also, I can not recommend Red Lobster's french fries. Their Lobster Pizza is delicious, however.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Actually I mean chips, but that's because I wish I were British.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Actually I mean chips, but that's because I wish I were British.

On behalf of her Majesty, allow me to welcome you to our shores, oh giant rabbit freak.

-Elwood Blues

I saw an Oz red rom the Ironstone vineyards yesterday. Any good?

-Elwood Blues

You damn swedes and your meatballs

I also haven't had time to eat yet today, but one bottle of Sprite has kept me going. Weird

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Using up old veg and meat. Chicken, bacon, sweet potato, and celeriac soup. Coarse cut, then hit with a potato masher once soft.

I then went out to the shops, but eventually decided not to buy anything. i really should be eating up my own eftovers.

-Elwood Blues

I like meat.

'S why we call you the Meatman, baby.

-Elwood Blues