Years of gaming

fishdogg

Long story.

I have been waiting or good games like icewinddale baldurs gate and torment planescape tocome out and was wondering why they havent. So I decided to play planescape torment again because to me it was the (best game) ever made to bad they didnt make a sequel. Well through searching the internet for a reason why torment kept crashing on me when i tried to leave the sanctuary I never found it and still can't play the game microsoft c++ runtimke error. (is anyone knows the fix tell me i have windows xp also I have searched the internet or 2 days so please a real answer if you know one: it's like the game crashes as soon the movie scene gets ready to take place the initial leavin the mortuary). But besides that I found out black isle studios no longer exists reading the internet trying to look for fixes for 2 days. Then on another page I seen someones comment sayin there now called obsidian. This is the first time or me ever to register somewhere and actually type stuff lol. But I'm 34 years old now and I miss the games of old. Honestly when i heard black studios went under lol hate to admit it but that was depressing since I'm a true gamer and there the only ones that were making D@D type games. Fallout was great also. I always wanted to see a D@D game made for Times of Troubles. I realize I'm getting old and I miss good games coming out. Also bothers me today alot of games going to online playing takes the storyline and the fun out of games for me but they do make more money. Easier to update one game than to make more. So what I'm asking is this. Make more games please like baldurs gate torment planescape and icewind dale. Don't know what really else to say just was upset when I found out black studios was disbanded from interplay for money problems. Them games had such good story lines and fun to play the types you couldnt put down.

The trend in games right now seems to be eye candy. See how realistic they can make the graphics appears to be the game developers priority over making a game with a good story filled with interesting characters. The IE games had decent stories, well developed characters and good implementation of the rule sets. I doubt we'll see anything good like that again.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Just wanted to add why I thought planescape torment was best game ever. You had so many dialogue options you could choose lot of possibilities even getting killed ones. Game depended on your intillegence and wisdom charisma more than strentgh and such for more dialogue options and used you intelligence for gettin better answers and such. Also the coolest character and voice ever made to me was dakkon. When he said "Through the teachings of zerthimon I have become stronger, My blade has changed". I don't know who did the voice but whoever it was made that character seem real couldn't get a better voice. Everyone has there moments in games where they stand there in awe saying that was awesome. I'll never forget that voice or character. Plus his blade was cool. Alot of people have that moment on final fantasy 7 when the flower girl dies the only game that ever made me cry lol. Anyways got to go to work I'm in the Air Force see ya. Serve and protect.

And the Witcher.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I found out black isle studios no longer exists reading the internet trying to look for fixes for 2 days. Then on another page I seen someones comment sayin there now called obsidian

It's not the same company, though a number of the senior people at Obsidian did work at Black Isle at one time.

Games are increasingly influenced by Hollywood and movies, and thus by the maxim of show, don't tell. Verbose games are few and far between, but quality dialogue and storytelling can still be found, as others have mentioned. If dramatic and memorable storylines and well-written, well-acted dialogue are of greater interest than multiple solutions to problems, try point and click adventures instead of RPGs. The Longest Journey and Dreamfall, for example.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

yeah i played long journey before game was ok that is an older game also. My favorite games of alltime are final fantasy series baldurs gate icewind dale torment planescape. The first bloodline masquarade game the second was longer but not as fun as the first one. Spellforce is good. Fallout. Warcraft. My problem is age is catching up with me when I was younger I used to play D@D and I miss those days. The Baldur gate torment and such allowed me to play the games on pc with just as much fun as I had when I was a kid. If your older like me it's easy to understand missing your youth lol. And no lol heres somethin funny. Not everyone in the Air Force flies planes. In fact most people don't less than 1% of the Air Force actually flies planes. It's a joke by military personnel that everyone if you tell them your in the Air Force they assume you fly a plane. What I liked about them games also was the 6 characters you could run around and kill stuff with. Lot of memories with those good games. Probably if you mention a game to play I probably played it lol or heard of it. Im thinking of trying the new neverwinter knights game and seeing how it is.

How old are you exactly?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Are you a communications officer in the Air Force?

:wacko::bat::lol:

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

How old are you exactly?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The first bloodline masquarade game the second was longer but not as fun as the first one.

Redemption was a decent game, but it was nothing compared to Bloodlines – the second Vampire: The Masquerade game. However, enough of that, there are more important issues to discuss in this topic, many of witch revolve around the question of your possibility deceitful postings. If you are really an experienced member of the United States Air Force (U.S.A.F.) you should have no problems telling me what “spin school” is and what it teaches, as even NASA Aerospace Engineers, one of whom I know, are familiar with the term and its usage within the U.S.A.F. – and I shouldn’t expect Google to be of much assistance. :wacko:

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Not everyone in the Air Force flies planes. In fact most people don't less than 1% of the Air Force actually flies planes. It's a joke by military personnel that everyone if you tell them your in the Air Force they assume you fly a plane.

I know, I just wanted to insult Hades.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Prove yourself , or face the wrath of the Ballroom Dancer!

Are these real pictures of him or what? They look kinda pathetic (no offense there)... I have always been wondering but never dared to ask... :wacko:

Edited by ramza

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

The trend in games right now seems to be eye candy. See how realistic they can make the graphics appears to be the game developers priority over making a game with a good story filled with interesting characters. The IE games had decent stories, well developed characters and good implementation of the rule sets. I doubt we'll see anything good like that again.

I think it's not just eye-candy, although that's a large part of it - shorter development times, more time spent on graphics/engines, less time for everything else.

But it also feels, to me, like a slow move away from what some might call 'hardcore/core' gaming ... a trend towards wanting to make games more accessable to a general/wide audience, if that makes sense. Not just to 'young children', either - but older people who might want simpler/shorter etc. games because of other reasons - time, motivation, whatever. Trying to make one game fit all - or at least as many as possible.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

He does have a ballroomdancingly awkward look on his face. I like to pretend that there is something off camera that has consumed his concentration. Like cue cards telling him how to dance.

Edited by thepixiesrock

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.