What are you playing now?

Gorth

Alien Shooter: Vengeance

Damn cool game!

Oh god. Just finished playing that game on easy. That's a lot of monsters and I was only playing on easy! :)

Ended up using machine guns for almost the entire game. My machine gun skill was 115 by the time I finished after you took into account the implants I was using as well. The top machine gun dealth 180-210 damage with a massive rate of fire. Once you pick up the Volcano you can pretty much run straight at a mob of any size of anything smaller than the rocket launchers and not have anyone come near you.

Wow, 115 is pretty high. My weapon of choice was shotgun and my shotgun skill was 65 without using any implant whatsoever.

centinexx.png

Alien Shooter: Vengeance

Damn cool game!

Oh god. Just finished playing that game on easy. That's a lot of monsters and I was only playing on easy! :)

Ended up using machine guns for almost the entire game. My machine gun skill was 115 by the time I finished after you took into account the implants I was using as well. The top machine gun dealth 180-210 damage with a massive rate of fire. Once you pick up the Volcano you can pretty much run straight at a mob of any size of anything smaller than the rocket launchers and not have anyone come near you.

Wow, 115 is pretty high. My weapon of choice was shotgun and my shotgun skill was 65 without using any implant whatsoever.

At the start of the last level my skill level was at 55 without implants. I just tossed everything that I gained on that level into it and managed to get it to 115(90) by the time I finished.

I just tested out some of the other weapons. The top end shotgun is pretty good. Great damage and a good spread would make it an awesome weapon for running through mobs. The Ion Cannon isn't bad, but it's rate of fire could be better. I haven't tried rockets yet.

I'm planning to start the game with a very fast, handgun skilled character. The only problem is the final battle. It's just too intense for me to want to play it again.

The final handgun isn't bad. 150 damage or so with a decent fire rate. Only problem is the crippling finger pain from having to click so much. o:)

Rockets are lots of fun. Shoot one right at your feet and it will destroy everything on the screen and a little ways off. With maybe 6 rockets I killed 90% of the enemies in the final room. It's fun firing on off and seeing your kill count jump by 200. :) Requires a backup weapon for the boss though because it's rate of fire is just so amazing slow. Still, 3500 damage minimum per hit with such a large area of effect, is nothing to sneeze at.

Edited by Deraldin

I'm finding Hellgate slightly more entertaining when I got past Act2. It's still repetitive with plenty of annoyances tho. It also seems very geared to the Templar (Guardian/Blademaster) melee classes ... they're the most 'fun' to play and seem the best thought out in terms of class vs. environment.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Played the Turok demo yesterday. The short: SUCKS

The long:

Control is pretty terrible. There's not even slight auto-aim, but that's not always necessary in console FPS games. However, when your enemies are fast, constantly moving, and use ambush tactics it is indeed necessary. You can't snap to a target with an analog stick. Against relatively fast and moving targets, you're just shooting around them most of the time. So, I spent 2/3rd of my combat time in that demo on my back tossed down by the raptors. The humanoid enemies are almost as bad, once they see you anyway.

On an SD screen (I don't know if it's also true of HD screens), you will miss important area details, suck as vines you can climb or paths you can follow. I was stuck in one area running in circles for 30 minutes because I couldn't see a vine I could climb until I looked straight at it.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."