Um... Crysis.

Sand

It was so noticeable for me so I gave up playing Far Cry for good.

I made it just past the volcano level, killed the good doctor, then opened the door behind him and saw a giant room filled with trigens that I had to cross and I said, OK that is enough of that, and stopped playing.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The spectacle of the mountain collapsing in the distance when you are driving up the valley with the tanks was amazing though. I just stopped and stared.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I did far the comming of the aliens in Crysis but the only complain I really have against them is that thy are a huge ripoff of the squid-robots from the Matrix films. Other than that, they werent nearly as annoying as the mutants in FarCry. They ar not as fun to shoot as the Korans, but they're certainly not bad. I think fans of the Halo series would love them, since theyre all spacy and glow-ish

...and the tank battle was awesome, my only complaint is that there wasnt enough ammo in the Amrican MBT so you had to steal a russky tank that is much uglier.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It was so noticeable for me so I gave up playing Far Cry for good.

I made it just past the volcano level, killed the good doctor, then opened the door behind him and saw a giant room filled with trigens that I had to cross and I said, OK that is enough of that, and stopped playing.

You stopped playing like.. one minute before the end :sorcerer:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I always found Half Life series extremely over-rated. I played both the first and the second game but didn't manage to finish neither of them because of the boredem.

I agree, although I have played every game in the series and the expansions. Episode one almost bored me so much that I quit. Hl2 is a very average shooter with fun story elements while Crysis is a top-notch shooter with average story

p.s

and no, I dont like the ***ing gravity gun. It's a shooter and in ushc a game I want to shoot stuff, not faff around like ponce and toss my enemies to death with random objects. You can toss stuff in Crysis too, but they're smart enough not to base the whole ****ing game on it.

I find it hard to believe anyone could accept HL2 has anything in the region of a story, and if it does I've yet to find it.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

FARCRY!

In a fit of wild passion I installed it. Its funny how I remember playing this game 2 years ago or whatever, and I could barely run it at 1024*768 with most options on low. Now I'm running it at 1280*1024 with everything maxed it and it as smooth as glass. Ah, technology.

Anyway, after playing Crysis so recently Farcry seems much easier than I remember. The mercs are totally awesome though. I think they are the best enemies in any FPS I've ever played. The things they say totally crack me up when you are marking them with the binos.

I love that line when you are going through the oil tanker that you hear over the PA: "Hygiene alert: Remember to not eat anything that has been left too long laying in the sun." lol.

Farcry does seem to have more personaility than Crysis in some ways.

Edited by CrashGirl

That's what you get when you focus too much on tech and less on game...

Crysis has excellent gameplay, CryTek did not skimp on ANYTHING with Crysis. It might be too much for the average equipment of a PC-gamer to handle today, even if that has been grotesquely exaggerated in the media and among gamers. You can play Crysis on a laptop, no problem, but you cant play it on high settings.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You can play Crysis on a laptop, no problem, but you cant play it on high settings.

There's no point playing such a game on a laptop.

Crysis, while the landscapes, open scale battles, nano suit and tank fights were very well done, it just didn't do anything creatively, or particularly new. The story was dull, as were the characters. I never felt any affinity to the characters, or looked forward to the "What's next?" scene like I did in Episode2, for example. In the end, I just played through it because I like finishing my games. It was "just" a good game, but forgettable nonetheless.

Edited by Morgoth

I tried replaying on Hard, and it's a blast. I dont usually enjoy replaying games, but this Crysis never ceases to amuse me. The enemy AI is much smarter in what tactics they use, they should have kept the AI this smart regardless of difficulty level becaus Ive heard complaints about "fear had teh cleverester soldiaz"

Crysis is totally PC game of the year 2007.

Well, it appears Crysis might be the VtM:B of today.

Didn't see that one coming. It's a blow-****-up game, how hard is that to sell? But they went overboard with the graphix, I guess.

That's actually really bad news. High-profile game that, I imagine, took an assload of cash to produce, and it's not faring all that well. It's the sort of news I hear and go, "God, I hope they don't just say, 'Screw it,' and start making console games."

Well, it appears Crysis might be the VtM:B of today.

Didn't see that one coming. It's a blow-****-up game, how hard is that to sell? But they went overboard with the graphix, I guess.

That's actually really bad news. High-profile game that, I imagine, took an assload of cash to produce, and it's not faring all that well. It's the sort of news I hear and go, "God, I hope they don't just say, 'Screw it,' and start making console games."

Crytek is already looking for Playstation 3 programmers. :aiee:

centinexx.png

Yup, Ive been trying to persuade my friend to buy it so we can do LAN but it's only me and another guy who can run it on medium-high with decent FPS

Crytek is already looking for Playstation 3 programmers. :aiee:

The $500 console. Bad idea... but it is kind of awesome, I leech on my neighbours as often as I can.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast