Um... Crysis.

Sand

Okay, I have been playing Crysis for a bit now and all I can say is holy freaking crappity screw! I am playing it on easy and it is the first FPS that I have played that I am actually having fun with. I like how when you hit a guy in the head with a round while cloaked he actually reacts getting shot in the head, with or without helmet. Hell, the helmet flying off is a cool touch. Also the destructable terrain is awesome. Such as I grabbed one guy, did the whole strength power up, threw him against a tree and while he flew I begin shooting him. He lands crumpled and the tree lands right on top. Insult to injury!

HA!

There are a few things I wish I could do in the game, but then again this is a FPS and not a CRPG.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Hearing the Koreans talk is somewhat hilarious. I had one which I could grab right in front of me hile cloaked. "I CAN'T SEE HIM!" He screams then I put a bullet in his eye. HA!

Another was screaming for his people to cover him while he reloaded. Unfortunately, they were all dead and I simply pummeled him to death. I am also gaining an appreciation for running over people.

:)

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Hearing the Koreans talk is somewhat hilarious. I had one which I could grab right in front of me hile cloaked. "I CAN'T SEE HIM!" He screams then I put a bullet in his eye. HA!

Another was screaming for his people to cover him while he reloaded. Unfortunately, they were all dead and I simply pummeled him to death. I am also gaining an appreciation for running over people.

:thumbsup:

Only nubs play it on Easy. You gotta play it at least on Normal or Hard to unfold the AIs full potential. In Delta the Koreans even speak in their respective language.

Btw, on what hardware are you running Crysis?

All FPS's should be played on hard. Fear sweat, that's the stuff.

Unless it's Rise of the Triad, that's just masochistic.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

No, I'm expressing a general comment on the relatively low difficulty of fps games.

If this is the second or third fps Hades is playing, of course he shouldn't start it on hard.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Bioshock was shockingly(jaaaa) easy, yeah. I found it better to kill the autoaim on xbox, because otherwise the combat felt like an excercise on hud menu controls.

Is Crysis FarCry-hard?

kirottu said:

Bioshock was shockingly(jaaaa) easy, yeah. I found it better to kill the autoaim on xbox, because otherwise the combat felt like an excercise on hud menu controls.

Is Crysis FarCry-hard?

I'd say yes. There're chasing boats, helicopters (HL2 ripoff) and tanks that may or may not (depending on your badassnes) make your life more...eh strenuous.

Edited by Morgoth

But, does it have the "sit in the bush with a silenced mp5"-stealth mechanic? This is crucial!

kirottu said:

My hardware/OS is...

CPU: Intel Cedar Mill Pentium 4 3.0 ghz

Graphic Card: Radeon X1900 GT

Motherboard: EVGA 122-CK-NF68 (680i Northbridge)

RAM: 2 Gigs of SUPERTALENT

Hard Drives: 2x 250 gig

Monitor: LG Electronics 19 inch Widescreen

I am getting about 30 frames per second on low settings.

Future upgrades is going to be the Intel 6850 Core 2 Duo at 3 ghz, and either 2 8800 GTs in SLI or a single Radeon 3870.

I am thinking that I should have played more on Stalker before tackling this game. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sand

What resolution are you using?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What resolution are you using?

1440 x 900. No AA or AF.

I always use max native with LCD screens.

And even on low the game looks better than Oblivion and NWN2 on high.

Edited by Sand

I just been afraid to move it up past Low to be honest. :thumbsup:

It might blow up my PC.

Well, my lowest score on the whole Windows Index is my CPU at 4.2, however my Grahpic Hardware registers at a 5.9. Hmmm...

I just jumped a car over a barricade and into a guard tower, tearing it down and causing massive mayhem. I love this game! There is just so much potential fun everywhere :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

So even you cant use the Very High settings, Bok? Well, Im playing at medium with custom h4xx0red shaders and looks pretty sweet

crysis05.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I haven't really followed this game too closely. I have a Radeon X1900 XTX and it ran Bioshock silky smooth. I still use Windows XP though, so I won't have DX10 (that I know of anyways).

Should I wait until I move on to Vista before getting this game?