Mask of the Betrayer Redux

Big Bottom

Apart from hair (and even that ain't exactly emo hairstyle) there's nothing emo about Gann

Oh yes, those vampires are pain in the ass - they bring your casters down with their quivering palm attacks in very first rounds if you ain't careful, then they bring down Okku with sheer numbers (that neither doesn't take too long...) and then you're all alone o:)

Oh god I'm so screwed. Now I finally managed to clear the furnace and crush the Lichking and his whole frucking crew....it was so hard, and I was so proud after I accomplished this feat...but what itched me earlier was that after the second defeat of Okku, I didn't get that spirit-meter, and the Quest wasn't signed as completed. Now, I did some investigation on the Bio boards, and found out...

THAT I RAN INTO A GAMEBREAKER BUG!!!!!!

Hell, I can't continue....and my last savegames are worthless. I'd have to load one before the second Okku fight, if I even have one! Blehh.... Please tell me there's a solution to this. A hack maybe? I don't want to go through this all again. :*

Doesn't it work if you just hack in the spirit eater curse?

I assume the quests have to be signed as done using scripts as well though.

Edited by Tigranes

I was always afraid that Gann would be just that, emo. But if anything, I think he's emo done right. He's obviously got issues on the inside, but he's not the "woe is me!" type. I think it was a pretty nice touch to make him as charismatic and flirtatious as he is.

Again, it's really to bad that there are not more interactions between the party members. Lord knows there are possibilities for some really interesting ones with these characters.

damn, people should stick that word back to where it came from. nothing against you, starwars, but the general emo-calling of today, nowadays everything is "emo" from the latest casting-band to old shool goth, from depressed housewife to maniac cocain addict...

i hate it!

now i'm emo too, especially if i love motb at the same time, aren't i...

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Everyone has an inner emo, even if they are loath to admit it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Do you mean I could use the dev console to sign the Quest as completed? How, which command?

Unfortunately that's beyond what I know, sorry. :) I know you could do it with global variables in BG2 but NWN engines are a bit different on quest things I think. Maybe someone else here can help on that.

I assume even if you cheated in the Spirit Eater curse yourself, Chapter 2 doesn't start, you can't get new quests from people, etc?

Do you mean I could use the dev console to sign the Quest as completed? How, which command?

Unfortunately that's beyond what I know, sorry. :) I know you could do it with global variables in BG2 but NWN engines are a bit different on quest things I think. Maybe someone else here can help on that.

I assume even if you cheated in the Spirit Eater curse yourself, Chapter 2 doesn't start, you can't get new quests from people, etc?

I've posted my issue (as Mr. Pinstripe on the Bio boards) here: http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...m=121&sp=15

God I never had so much bad luck with a game.... anyway, I'm pretty close to resolve the problem if I just knew how to set that "GetJournalEntry" variable, so that the script fires up and I can continue... if that makes sense (I'm no programmer).

Alternatively, I just could replay this whole friggin thing again (Take 3).... but I have enough of this baby-sh*t! First the broken quest, then this silly spirit-meter that kills my PC. Good that I found a script on Nwvault that resolves this annoying "feature" at least.

Between 24.9-7.10 2007 Mask of the Betrayer has been 7th on PC's top seller games :dancing:

Only other "RPG" on the list is Bioshock whic is 9th. Nice job Obz, I don't think NWN2 was never in Top Ten :)

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Anyone know if the music can be extracted to mp3

You can copy all the files in the folder and rename them. Or you can listen to the BMU files themselves in WMP. Though, COPY them elsewhere, otherwise you might get some problems with not hearing some music in the game if you just listen to them directly. There's also a BMU-to-MP3 program on nwvault.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Anyone know if the music can be extracted to mp3

You can copy all the files in the folder and rename them. Or you can listen to the BMU files themselves in WMP. Though, COPY them elsewhere, otherwise you might get some problems with not hearing some music in the game if you just listen to them directly. There's also a BMU-to-MP3 program on nwvault.

I just tried that with the Betrayer music, unfortunately the bass seems to be completely out of whack. All the low frequencies are noise when I play the tracks outside of the game and are converted to MP3 the same way. Too bad, I didn't get this problem with the NWN music. Compression issue perhaps ? I have't the savey to figure it out though.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

In case someone didn't notice in the news, there is a MotB contest held by the Codex. It's all about those little things that make the game world feel real. Here is the link (the examples presented are obviously spoilers). Since I am about to replay this game, I will be on the lookout.

P.S.: I would have sounded like some kind of silly advertisement without the P.S.

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

There's a post release interview for MotB up at GameBanshee. Kevin Saunders seems to be giving himself a hard time about the review scores being worse than NWN2s...I wouldn't worry too much Kevin, expansion packs have to be completely mind blowingly amazingly awesome to get a score above 90. I can only think of a couple.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/mask...betrayer2-1.php

Still, the reviews claiming that its so much better than the original NWN2 and then slashing it with a score of '7' is simply heartbreaking while games like Shivering Isle gets an 8+.

I feel your pain Kevin.

Edited by Zoma

I think they are honest words but...

"Fans probably hate to hear this, but at the end of the day, developing games is a business."

"The majority of people who buy an expansion for a game like NWN2 are pretty hard core gamers and role-players and we thought they'd appreciate an atypical story."

I thought these lines were the comments from a person who knows what kinds of games are likely to get the score of 90% and that he was not working on such games. For example, I personally like the idea of "Patron of the Arts" but I don't think the majority find it appealing...unfortunately.

There must be more efficient ways to balance the efforts of the designers and the presentation of the completed products to satisfy both hardcore RPG fans and new comers. At the moment, I am checking the reputation of the Witcher by CD project. At the moment, despite rather disappointing scores of the critics, the game seems to be well accepted even by the folks at major game sites such as Gamespot.

I just started with a new character and I was wondering if someone could tell me what not to do to avoid stumbling into the fatal Okku bug, without spoiling me more than needed. Maybe I should have killed him just in case, but I need a tank.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I just started with a new character and I was wondering if someone could tell me what not to do to avoid stumbling into the fatal Okku bug, without spoiling me more than needed. Maybe I should have killed him just in case, but I need a tank.

Normally, this bug occurs very seldomly. There's no clear ingredient what exactly let made the Journal Trigger a hiccup, but when battling Okku, look that no party member dies until he's defeated. Summon every creature at your disposal, set spell behaviour to "Overpowerd" and he and his crew should go down pretty fast without getting any scratch. After you defeated him, you should talk to Whitefeather. If she doesn't talk to you...well....

I'd really like to get my game. I haven't played the finished version yet, although I think I did play the final candidate. I'm curious about this bug. I'm also sad to hear that the scores weren't as high as Obsidian would like. I'm surprised because all of the reviews I've read give MotB high praise, but I guess the actual numerical scores aren't as high as NWN2. Personally, I think the numbers for NWN2 were inflated (surprise). MotB deserves the high numerical scores that NWN2 received. Oh well. I still think MotB has real staying power and it seems to have been quite well received despite the incongruity between the text of the reviews and the actual scores.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It's not like anyone who intends to buy a hardcore RPG like MOTB actually cares about scores.

Indeed, and it's also the other way around. I get the feeling that most reviewers don't really want or truly care about a RPG such as MotB, whereas hardcore RPG players are salivating over such a release. I believe one of the review sites even had Knights of the Nine (which doesn't even feel like an expansion pack) rater higher than MotB, which to me is just... I can't understand it.

I really don't think Kevin should blame himself for the review scores. He even said himself in the interview that the reviews are inconsistant (they say MotB is much better than NWN2, and yet give it a lower score). I understand that it might be bad in terms of potential sales (though to tell the truth, I don't think it will affect a niche game that much), but I just don't think you can trust the review sites. They follow the trends. And NWN2 is not trendy anymore (and I don't think it even was trendy at release, though it did well).

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0