Pavarotti e muerte

Meshugger

The world's only Opera-superstar is dead

Thanks for "Nessun Dorma"!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yup. His condition deteriorated very fast in the end :sad:

Arrivederci, Maestro.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm not really into the whole opera singer thing. Can't say I understand why people find it beautiful.

I am not even into classical music, but such greatness should be deserved.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Gorgon, when you die, I'll be sure to comment on how I never really was into your posts.

People die all the time, I didn't know him or his music. So i'm supposed to feel bad because he was famous ?

No, I think the point is that you're just not supposed to post about it at all.

If someone holds a memorial service do you just walk up to the podium and say "I didn't know this guy, I don't care."

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Gorgon, when you die, I'll be sure to comment on how I never really was into your posts.

People die all the time, I didn't know him or his music. So i'm supposed to feel bad because he was famous ?

No, I think the point is that you're just not supposed to post about it at all.

If someone holds a memorial service do you just walk up to the podium and say "I didn't know this guy, I don't care."

This isn't a memorial service. It's a public message board. No comparison. If someone wants to start a thread here they can, and if someone want to respond they can.

If someone I care about died, I wouldn't invite you guys to the service; but if I posted about it here, you'd have the right to comment about it in any way you want (within board rules, of course).

That said, I'm no opera fan, but I liked Pavarotti's music anyways. So thumbs up to him for that.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I never said this was a memorial service. This thread appears intended in memoriam, however. Which means its rude to just post in it "I don't care." If you don't care, don't bloody post!

"Just because it's public doesn't mean it's not inappropriate and rude" says the guy who enjoys crashing in-game memorial services for lulz. (But at least I'm not deluded enough to argue that my actions are anything other than rude)

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

See, you feed a troll like Gorgon and he'll stick around. hahaha We should put a sign next to his posts: "Do not feed the Gorgon."

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm not really into the whole opera singer thing. Can't say I understand why people find it beautiful.

No amplification = win.

As for Pavarotti, he was good in his early years, but his career became a charade later own. Not that it matters now.

Edited by Lyric Suite

i'm not either, but his voice was definitely "beautiful."

another singer i really dig is the original phantom of the opera, michael crawford. i got to see him circa 1995 in st. louis and the show was unbelievable. his voice dominated.

taks

comrade taks... just because.