Mask of the Betrayer

Cantousent

You people. Ugh. haha

Oh well, I said my peace. Maybe I can actually avoid a lawsuit if the thread gets closed quickly enough.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Wow, back in my day "dungeon crawl" usually had you mindlessly crawling through several different dungeons with only intermissions for saves, not visiting one dungeon then running around town and getting plot advancements.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I like plot advancements. :lol:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

You people. Ugh. haha

Oh well, I said my peace. Maybe I can actually avoid a lawsuit if the thread gets closed quickly enough.

Well you got me interested, I preordered MotB on the strength of this thread.

It's the amazing power of the crack badger!

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Well, at least its not badger crack.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Ah you sick little monkeys. Since you're down there Grobnar, you can massage my feet. Hows that? :)

no kidding, neeshka and qara were expected to do each other's nails... sheesh, sick people in this thread.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

You people. Ugh. haha

For what it's worth, please accept my belated "thanks" for your review. I'm still a bit leery about MotB simply because I'm sick to death of the D&D ruleset. But I trust your opinion on the characters & story, which I'm hoping will make the game a worthwhile experience.

Now I just have to get around to finishing the original campaign... (My main character stalled at the keep battle.)

That's *very* close to the end Enoch, might as well finish it if you're there.

I wonder if the 1.07 beta might be released this week. I wonder how powerful the optimizations will be for my WinXP system. They said in that Warcry chat that they'd spent time on shadow optimizations, hopefully that's true. That's probably the biggest framerate eater in the game in my experience.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I think I'll write up my Jay chat later today or tomorrow. You guys might enjoy getting an art team perspective.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The Premonition beta is out now, currently reinstalling NWN2 with the aim of getting into Act 2 this time. This is the third time I'll be playing through the first Act as I keep stopping just when the game is getting interesting...once for a new char and once because of bugs. Any ideas for a fun class to play? I'm thinking rogue as I've never done one before.

Still missing my most anticipated fix.

Edited by Tale

That's *very* close to the end Enoch, might as well finish it if you're there.

I wonder if the 1.07 beta might be released this week. I wonder how powerful the optimizations will be for my WinXP system. They said in that Warcry chat that they'd spent time on shadow optimizations, hopefully that's true. That's probably the biggest framerate eater in the game in my experience.

Shadows are a real monster in NwN 2. I can run the game at 1600x900 resolution and get a decent frame rate, but turn shadows on, and everything else off, set the resolution to 800x600 and I still get a horrendous frame rate in city areas. Wilderness areas actually run fine with shadows on, even at a high resolution but the city locations just kill it. Makes me wish NwN 2 had used the Doom 3 engine.

Still missing my most anticipated fix.

What fix is that?

Sneak attack applying to ranged (and melee, actually) touch attacks.

Some might argue about it being a "fix" or not, but that's what I call it. I know there's supposedly a fix on the vault for it, but it's still on my wishlist, dangit!

Edited by Tale