WoW Virus kills gazillions...

Monte Carlo

Can you get me his autograph? I need his and Biny's.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I know the guy who did this... =]

I will assume that's a joke. Because you should know that knowledge of a felony which you do not report to the cops may well be an offence in the USA now. I know it is where it may affect national security. =]

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My understanding is that the virus was introduced as an in-game disease effect by the developers.

I might well be wrong, but I don't think it was sabotage. If it were then the person who did it is, to put it bluntly, an idiot.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

It's what happened with Biny's assault on the auction house repeated. What happens is there's a boss who casts a debuff (in this instance it is one that is transmittable), he cast it on a Warlock's pet, so the Warlock stored his pet. Normally, this debuff is not meant to leave the raid instance, but since the Warlock stored it on his pet, he carried it out. A prepared raid can have druids remove the debuff. An unprepared city will largely not have a clue what is going on.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I don't actually play WoW, or any MMORPG for that matter, but I've lots of friends that do and love it. There is this whole WoW social scene going on, I know somebody who had a thirty-strong party at their place recently with all their WoW buddies from across the UK. And there was only a 10% geek quotient, which I find especially amazing.

It makes the Bridge Evening at the Schloss Monte seem quite tame, even with the absinthe an' all.

sonsofgygax.JPG

So this is like AIDS, but in WoW? Except it's even lamer because there's no sex involved?

Or perhaps a nasty case of gizka poison designed for nubs...

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

So this is like AIDS, but in WoW? Except it's even lamer because there's no sex involved?

Or perhaps a nasty case of gizka poison designed for nubs...

kinda, it was a spell that would tick for 1-2 hundred health, it bugged out so that it wouldn't leave a pet at the end of the fight if the pet had been recalled into the hunters inventory or where ever it goes when it's not active.

so the pets would come out in a city and infect everyone around, and it kept spreading until it got hotfixed. lowbies cried because 2 ticks and they die while the maxed out players laughed it off because they have over 6 or 7k health at max level. there were actual arguments by players about not removing the plague because it weeded out the whiners.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I know the guy who did this... :)

I will assume that's a joke. Because you should know that knowledge of a felony which you do not report to the cops may well be an offence in the USA now. I know it is where it may affect national security. :p

He did nothing illegal, as he simply posted how to spread a virus the developers had included in the game by infecting your familiar. The "virus" was not a computer virus but a WoW Hemorrhagic fever that was released after a certain boss was killed... :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot