Bioshock!

Krookie

I am currently waiting for my LE version to be dispatched :sad:

Also, i bet that a mod featuring "human"-eyes for the little sisters will arrive before the nude mod.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm just waiting for the Big Daddy and Little Sister fanfic :lol:

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will make Rule 34 true yet again :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

One word: 4chan

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

hmh, I think I'm off to /b/ now :lol:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

SAdly, I won't be able to play this until late September. SOmething to look forward too, though.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I meant pre-ordered it.

Me. Although the news that the "soundtrack" CD is actually an incredibly crappy EP with just a couple of remixes on it is making me regret that... :lol:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What about the box then? Will the PAL PC-version of the LE have the tin-box as well?

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

People are saying it will have the tin box. But i find that odd when the American CE definitely doesn't have the tin box included.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

While the demo was enjoyable and I'll be picking up the game when I see a good deal, it already sounds like it's getting way overhyped. From what I've read of some of the reviews, is it really going to make us rethink how we view gaming? :lol:

9.9 average on gamerankings, heh.

bs.png

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'll be picking up the game when I see a good deal

You keep saying that. How long are you going to wait? All the other across-the-board-10 games (Starcraft, Half-Life 2) they kept as pricey as possible for as long as possible. If it's a hit (and it probably will be) you won't see a good price drop for months.

already sounds like it's getting way overhyped.

These grapes taste fine to me.

From what I've read of some of the reviews, is it really going to make us rethink how we view gaming?

For the, what, 80-90% of the gaming populace that's anticipating Halo 3 or Gears of War 2 or God of War 3 as the epitome of what gaming is and should be? Absolutely. You don't strike me as the type to heed gaming press in the first place.

There is a pc demo "coming soon." So it probably will come out like the day before or day of release because they hate pc gamers. :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

After Oblivion, the gaming press means very little, though relying solely on reviews was never such a bright idea. I'm pretty sure I'll find this a good game at the very least, since the demo showcased that it has a solid foundation in terms of FPS gameplay, before adding in the various other features.

Now, what IS Bioshock? Sure, Rapture is supposed to be a living, breathing world. An environment where characters interact with each other rather than simply with the PC. Exploration surely sounds like one of the appeals of the game. The demo had good atmosphere/production values/details, but given that it was the intro, it was terribly linear (the story didn't make me go boom, either). Will the full game allow more freedom? I don't doubt it. However, I have seen a fair number of previews, where the devs try to explain what the game is about, showing gameplay examples and so on. I'm pondering how much interaction you'll actually be allowed. The plasmids certainly look interesting, and the full game having about 70 of them might end surprising me, given that I've barely seen a fraction of that. Maybe that's where the freedom/interaction will come in. Tinkering with the environment, setting traps, making enemies turn on each other. But has that really never been done before? That being said, it does sound like quite a breadth of different options, and makes the game sound like experimenting around will be fun. So, maybe a thinking man's FPS. With RPG elements. Choice is good, consequence is good. I can live with that. I don't doubt that gameplay-wise, with 70 plasmids and a 'living breathing ecosystem' of various characters that have different relationships with each other, it will be good. Maybe it'll be great, if the full game really has a lot more surprises that we haven't seen yet. I'm certainly willing to see for myself.

Maybe it's just that the concept doesn't click for me in just the right way. Or it could just be that the game has been a victim of its own hype for me. I have been getting tired of the Big Daddy-Little Sister awesomeness they keep bragging about. The game is supposed to be about moral choices or whatnot. You can kill the Big Daddy and the Little Sister, which is shaped as a little girl!!!! Or you can choose not to. Perhaps that's where the skepticism stems from. This Levine guy is trying to convince me that that choice is supposed to be mega-deep, but I don't see it. Now, from a gameplay perspective, planning around how to take down a Big Daddy (exploring the surroundings, setting traps, waiting for the right moment, etc) certainly sounds very interesting. From a story/choice perspective, not so much. Maybe I'm just burnt from all that gaming press crap about how Oblivion is supposed to be the epitome of immersion or whatever. Or maybe it's just that the examples I've seen from Levine hasn't really impressed me.

I may eat those words someday when I actually do play it, but we'll see. Then again, I haven't played SS2, so maybe I haven't seen the light. I've never experienced Ken Levine's talent as a storyteller in one of his actual games.

As for when... months is fine with me. I have a massive backlog. Some games jump the queue and I buy them day 1, but this one hasn't convinced me yet.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)