New stuff on F3

Pop

If the latest little peripheral details are to be believed, there will be dialogue options that won't be accessible to those without sufficient abilities, ala Fallouts 1/2 (whether or not this is restricted just to Speech and Charisma or expanded to other things, science, doctor, etc. remains to be seen) and the dialogue system itself is not the 1-word "speech" in Oblivion. It's slightly heartening.

Overall, still looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Yay!

See? We have enough to hang on, but still be a worrywart. Great way to wait.

edit: unless you're Sand, in which case this merely confirms the steaming pile of rhino poo poo everything ever shaped by the hands of Todd Howard is.

Edited by Tigranes

Its real time with First Person view. That alone makes it not Fallout.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I thought the fact that it is not being released 10 years ago is what makes it not Fallout. Silly me.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Nah. If they made the game even remotely to the style of the originals but using updated graphic techniques then I would still consider it Fallout but as it stands now, I don't. A fully 3D dynamic environment is what I want out of a modern Fallout game, but not a FPS which Fallout 3 looks to be.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Nah. If they made the game even remotely to the style of the originals but using updated graphic techniques then I would still consider it Fallout but as it stands now, I don't. A fully 3D dynamic environment is what I want out of a modern Fallout game, but not a FPS which Fallout 3 looks to be.

I'd like to point out that you really don't have any say in the matter of the game being Fallout or not. It's Fallout because the owners of the brand say it is.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'd like to point out that you really don't have any say in the matter of the game being Fallout or not. It's Fallout because the owners of the brand say it is.

Whatever. So if Kellog but **** in a box and call it cornflakes, will it still be **** or cornflakes?

Whatever. So if Kellog put **** in a box and call it cornflakes, will it still be **** or cornflakes?

It would still be a Kellog brand, but ****ty instead of flakey.

Point. ;)

But they still would be "cornflakes" ;)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Whatever. So if Kellog but **** in a box and call it cornflakes, will it still be **** or cornflakes?

Genius analogy. For it to be Fallout, it must be made of falling radioactive particles from a nuclear explosion. Otherwise, it's fallout in name only. Just like every other Fallout game.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Genius analogy.

No its not. ;)

Hah! :lol:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

By the time FO3 is released, almost half a human generation will have passed since FO1. There's a chance that there wil be kids playing FO3 who weren't even alive when I bought my copy of Fallout back in 1996 or whenever. If someone has the expectation that a game called FO3 must in some way imitate, duplicate, replicate, or regurgitate a game that old, made by different developers, funded by a different publisher, in a different time then they need to understand that their expectations are what need to be examined because they are flawed.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

By the time FO3 is released, almost half a human generation will have passed since FO1. There's a chance that there wil be kids playing FO3 who weren't even alive when I bought my copy of Fallout back in 1996 or whenever. If someone has the expectation that a game called FO3 must in some way imitate, duplicate, replicate, or regurgitate a game that old, made by different developers, funded by a different publisher, in a different time then they need to understand that their expectations are what need to be examined because they are flawed.

That is why they shouldn't make it Fallout 3, but an original Post Apocalyptic title. The only people who would know about Fallout would be the old hardcore gamers which is obviously not the target audience of this game.

Edited by Sand

But the recycling of intellectual properties is a time honored tradition in entertainment!

Seriously though, for every couple of bad remakes, there is a gem. King Kong comes to mind. Video games are a fairly young medium, so the idea of recreating an older game with the polish and technology of today is still in its infancy. But I'm hoping Fallout 3 will be a gem.

That is why they shouldn't make it Fallout 3, but an original Post Apocalyptic title. The only people who would know about Fallout would be the old hardcore gamers which is obviously not the target audience of this game.

You're fab, Sand, but discussing things with you always make me dizzy cause of all the circles we go around in. :(

Exploding sheep. On nuclear catapults.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy