Fallout find!

I wonder how much gasoline there'd be in a metal can hidden away for FIFTY YEARS, don't you?

None. Gasoline stratifies and becomes less combustable as it sits. Thats why you need to add stabilizer if it is going to sit after a few months. After fifty years you are going to have a can that is a 75% benzine-water solution with a thick layer of petroleum sludge on the bottom.

As to Americans and bigotry, you'd be hard pressed to find any country that doesn't look down on America in one way another, including America.

There is one apparently solely American trait that I will never understand. Self loathing. Glad I don't have it.

As to FO3 and it's craptactular potential: I'm just going to have to sit the fence and wait and see. I hold no preconcieved notions about how Bethesda is going to screw it up or make it better. I sit here and hope that they do their level best to stay true to the atmosphere and overall mechanics of the game system, though not slavish dedication to it, which, imnsho, would be a real killer to the overall creative process in the first place. I would be willing to wager that even if the original design team were able to be pulled together into this thing, get the creative reigns and lead the way, it still wouldn't be able to cleave completely to the originals. Too much time has passed and the flames tend to burn out. Even the banked ashes of the original content producers, stoked again with zeal, cash and time to produce, still couldn't make an FO3 that would fall right in line with the other two. Too many things have changed, graphically, game engine, coding for physics in the game world, etc.

Lightning in a bottle huh? I've got to get FO 1 & 2 and give them a try. I've never played them.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

There is one apparently solely American trait that I will never understand. Self loathing. Glad I don't have it.

Trust me, it's in every country.

the Twinkies ok?

That and McDonalds french fries. They age very well.

... if kept frozen their toss out date is a year from their arrival at your local store...

FO3... looks... interesting. I'm not entirly sure that bethesda is going to ace it in terms of feel but they are going to ace the technical aspect of it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Forced to play a 19 year old

The PC will leave the Vault at age 19. This isn't forcing the PC to always be of the same age; it's likely comparable to the Fallouts' minimum starting age of 16.

Fallout 1-2 Tactics had a minimum starting age, Fallout 3 seems to have an only starting age

IB1OsQq.png

well, Jor the way that the intro is done seems to hardlock it so that you can have events go with a little liniarity. You start out being born to choose your race, physique and looks, as a toddler you pick up basic attributes, then skills when in the equivalent of high school. then daddy decides to make a run out of the vault and you chase him...

I think it'd be hard to leave the vault without skills.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

well, Jor the way that the intro is done seems to hardlock it so that you can have events go with a little liniarity. You start out being born to choose your race, physique and looks, as a toddler you pick up basic attributes, then skills when in the equivalent of high school. then daddy decides to make a run out of the vault and you chase him...

I think it'd be hard to leave the vault without skills.

race? :o

IB1OsQq.png