Fallout find!

Only non-important NPCs have only one thing to say. Important to semi-important NPCs have lots of dialogue and some of it is voiced. Take a look at NWN2. That is how dialogue should be like. Oblivion style dialogue was bland, poorly written, and poorly voiced. The less like Fallout 3 is to Oblivion the better, unfortunately Bethesda hasn't learned that Oblivion was terrible on nearly all fronts that makes a good CRPG.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

We don't have any information on FO3 dialogue, except "conversations with NPCs use a similar style of dialogue tree". Which sounds bad, but could mean anything. We don't know at what points its similar to Oblivion and at what points its not. I hated Oblivion dialogue as well, but there's no need to make a thousand posts about how Oblivion with Guns will rape innocent virgins of Uganda.

From random intuition that will probably be very wrong, though, I expect the same first-person closeup, possibly topic-based player responses (but probably more multi-choice like than an encyclopaedia), similar NPC responses, and probably a toned down version of Radiant AI Rumour, which will be even funnier.

"Oh man, that's some good dope right there."

"You hear about the handheld nuke cannon Joe found in the dumps?"

"I grew an extra toe yesterday."

Well, so far I have been expecting the worse out of Bethesda and so far they have met or exceeded my expectations.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I have to agree with my learned friend. FO3 is the only game I've ever played that has made me so totally uninterested in finishing it. And I completed This Means War.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have to agree with my learned friend. FO3 is the only game I've ever played that has made me so totally uninterested in finishing it. And I completed This Means War.

FO3? :)

FO3? :)

Er... I mean Oblivion.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

FO3? :sorcerer:

Er... I mean Oblivion.

Same thing? :lol:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Man, are we (and by we, I mean you guys) bitter.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

We don't have any information on FO3 dialogue, except "conversations with NPCs use a similar style of dialogue tree". Which sounds bad, but could mean anything.

Why does this sound bad? I didn't think the dialogue tree in Oblivion was poorly implemented, if only because it mimicked reality, similarly to the way you paraphrase it for a putative Fallout 3:

... similar NPC responses, and probably a toned down version of Radiant AI Rumour, which will be even funnier.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"Okay"

"Good bye!"

The more I hear about Fallout 3 the crapier it sounds.

The more i hear about it the more i agree with you.... and that frightens me :ermm:

YAY! People are agreeing with me! :devil:

Man, are we (and by we, I mean you guys) bitter.

I know I am. Bitter and unforgiving.

That's hot. Where have you been all my life?

Wow. I have been reading the Fallout forums and there is a good deal of negativity there. It seems that the majority of people posting hate what Bethesda is doing. Not that they care about the fanbase or anything. I am thinking that FO3 will probably do better than FOPOS, mostly because it will be on more platforms, but overall it will be a financial disappointment or worse for Bethesda.

If people bitching on forums were an indicator of lack of sales, I imagine Valve would have gone into the red years ago.

I can't imagine more people bitching than currently bitch about Oblivion, yet that sold ridiculously well and is still touted by many others as OMFGINCREDIBLEGAMEDUDEGOGETIT.

Edited by Tale

I haven't bought any of Valve's games so I wouldn't know much about their quality, but I have bought a number of Bethesda's and so far they haven't done anything impressive as of yet. I still can't figure why they bought the Fallout license if they aren't going to make a Fallout game. It makes no sense.

I still can't figure why they bought the Fallout license if they aren't going to make a Fallout game.

Edited for more appropriate comment:

Because you lack imagination.

Edited by Tale