Another "best game" listing

How can Half-Life 2 be ranked higher than Half-Life? And why isn't Half-Life #1? I'm not even a FPS fan, but I acknowledge that the game was the biggest thing that's happened in my lifetime of gaming. My first mods ever tried were from the community of Half-Life, way before NWN came out and modding became mainstream.

And yes, Oblivion sucks! and I even liked Morrowind to a degree.

also, nice to see BG2 get a little love :wub:

BG2 should have had greater love than what was given.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

awesome wank isn't censored!

The Kensington Report - "Because American News is for Wankers"

www.heavy.com

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

post-15364-1180197622_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

61. Planescape: Torment

What the hell ? Torment should have made at least top 20. I've never played an RPG that wasn't at least sub-par to Torment. (Deus ex was great though... ).

Give me more walls of text for the love of god ! I need to have dialogue choises up the kazoo ! Give me spell animations like the Mechanus Cannon, the Sign of Torment ect. Don't give me "save the world quest_000332402348". Give me something utterly original and with a twist. Give me genuine INT or CHA / skill based dialogue bonus options that are not cheesy built in redundencies. Give me inter party dialgue and rewards. Give me another PS:T !!! (Bought the game 3 times because late night coffee stains and ciggie buds aren't good for the discs).

-Farb

"Politicians. Little tin gods on wheels". -Rudyard Kipling. A European Fallout timeline? Dont mind if I do!

It's a totally broken game.

Huh. No.

It works exactly as it was intended to.

Morrowind is WAYYYYYY better NWN1, especially if one can forgive the many same faces and the way dialog was designed.

Bottom line is, the dialog gets you where you want to go. The end justifies the means. Faces? Pff. Who cares. Most of the games we play and especially have played, show detailed faces in cutscenes only. No biggy. Plus Morrowind's graphics, at the time, were top of the line absolute gorgeousness. Even the faces, however limited the variety was.

#4 seems a bit high though I wonder where I would put it. Top 10 for sure.

Edited by astr0creep

Yes, but the process of transcribing the vortex of imagery that I like to consider as my (chain of) thoughts belies any attempt to consider it as mere "copying". :x

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yes, but the process of transcribing the vortex of imagery that I like to consider as my (chain of) thoughts belies any attempt to consider it as mere "copying". :thumbsup:

You should see someone about that, could be a tumor.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You're all wankers.

Wankiter Wank Wank! Wankiter Wank Wank! Look at the Wankers go!

Wankiter Wank Wank! Wankiter Wank Wank! Wanking as they go!

GO WANKERS GO!

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Yes, but the process of transcribing the vortex of imagery that I like to consider as my (chain of) thoughts belies any attempt to consider it as mere "copying". =]

You've been watching Kindergarten Cop, again, haven't you.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

61. Planescape: Torment

What the hell ? Torment should have made at least top 20. I've never played an RPG that wasn't at least sub-par to Torment. (Deus ex was great though... ).

Give me more walls of text for the love of god ! I need to have dialogue choises up the kazoo ! Give me spell animations like the Mechanus Cannon, the Sign of Torment ect. Don't give me "save the world quest_000332402348". Give me something utterly original and with a twist. Give me genuine INT or CHA / skill based dialogue bonus options that are not cheesy built in redundencies. Give me inter party dialgue and rewards. Give me another PS:T !!! (Bought the game 3 times because late night coffee stains and ciggie buds aren't good for the discs).

-Farb

Agreed. Also, I got an email announcing a price cut for NWN2, and the ad stated "The best PC RPG of all time returns!" and I was like "Sweet! Sequel to PS:T?!?!"

But I guess we should just be happy its on the list. Most lists don't include it.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yes, but the process of transcribing the vortex of imagery that I like to consider as my (chain of) thoughts belies any attempt to consider it as mere "copying". :)

You've been watching Kindergarten Cop, again, haven't you.

You only ever really need to see it once to use that joke for the rest of your life.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I am beginning to read those lists and compare it to my own and I have to ask what the hell is wrong with me. ;)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

^ Nothing if compared to that list ;)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)