HardOCP R600 Review

Bokishi

I fear going back to Nvidia's drivers again. Also, I prefer the picture quality of the ATI cards (even though I'm not even sure what the difference is).

But who in their right mind would buy a Radeon 2X00 product right now? Teh suck.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yeah, I am definitely switching back to Nvidia.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

AnandTech Preview

It takes two of them in Crossfire to best an 8800GTX, and then only with certain games, all the while sucking up more power than the 8800GTX Ultra. Nvidia shouldn't get complacent though, because AMD could pull an Intel and revise the chip in all the right places to be the new Core2 Duo of GPUs.

But ... this cannot take into account DX10 gaming, as there aren't any DX10 games out yet.

There's a DX10 demo of a game out. Call of Juarez is an excellent test for DX10 enabled cards. I saw a video from it and it looked awesome, but I can't seem to find the link right now. The movie was 178 MB large though..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I wouldn't be surprised if AMD-ATi do the X1800 thang with the X2800, too, and release an X2900 a month afterwards, too.

They would have to demote the 2900 to a 2800 before they could do that though. :ermm:

Perhaps the 2999.9999 is in the cards.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Don't forget all the Xs: the ATi 29999X9XX9999XXXX9999X9x9x9x9x9x9xxx9x9x9xxx!

EXXXtreme edition!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The worst part of this is that Nvidia does seem to have much pressure to pull a price drop since their midrange guard already beats the heavy hitter of the new AMD card. I was really hoping to pick up a cheap 8800GTX, but that seems much less likely. I was also going to pick up an AMD x2, but Intel just announced price cuts on a quad core that would be as cheap as the x2. AMD has been my favorite for a long time, but they just don't seem to be competing the same way the used to.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

IIRC AMD-ATi have the best cards for each of the DX9 price categories, so they aren't out of it by a long chalk, even if there first DX10 card is a stinker. The jury is still out on the next gen CPU, though, I hope they do better.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

GTS = better deal

no longer true. prices of 2900xt dropped about 50 euro and it's currently only slightly more expensive than a GTS, performace improved with new drivers to surpass the gts by some margin (more to come). Don't test it with TSAA (or however the transparency-aa is called @ati), because this is still buggy (too slow) with current drivers. It's a pretty good deal right now (if you don't calculate electricity costs :wowey:).

[edit]

not really good english, tried to fix this...

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority