Gas Powered Games & Sega's PC RPG announced

And not action one, although if its well made I guess it's okay :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Well, Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 both sucked.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Well, DS1 and DS2 were the first two games of a new founded company. They were not the same caliber as the Supreme Commander. Not even close. I'll be pretty surprised if they make another smaller and simple title again.

centinexx.png

I could only stand playing DS2 for about an hour. The beginning story made no sense and the gameplay was terrible. Returned it the next day.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I could only stand playing DS2 for about an hour. The beginning story made no sense and the gameplay was terrible. Returned it the next day.

I didn't return mine, but I had about the same experience.

Which may seem odd, because I'm one of those with "no taste" (ahem, hehe), who liked the first one well enough as hack n' slash to play it for a few months. But the 2nd one was just terrible.

Doesn't mean this new game will be the suck, tho - only time will tell.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Huh, surprised they haven't mentioned a title or a setting. I'm pretty sure it will be basic action-rpg stuff like the rest of y'all, but it COULD be solid if they bring on new writers or something. Both DS's are solid game engines for an RPG, they just aren't used to tell a good story or develop character. Maybe Sega will bring that in.

I think they have the classic reverse-Midas syndrome. Everything GPG touches turns to human feces.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Supreme Commander RPG! ::Gasp::

....Not!

you mean where you actually are the commander?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Will the upcoming PC-RPG be an actual RPG or another bad action RPG like Dungeon Siege?
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hey, I liked the music to DS1, even if the gameplay got really boring after about all of 10 minutes.

I DID enjoy the gameplay for DS2. I thought it was the best ActionRPG for the PC with a mouse since Diablo2 (which many don't like either soooooo).

On the otherhand, I'll give a wait and see on what comes out of this for this new RPG. Sega had some great RPGs in the early 90s (Phantasy Star, and also they created a GG game called Defenders of Oasis), however recently I've hated all the RPGs they've created.

It should be interesting to see what gets created between the two of them.

I merely thought Dungeon Siege to be the most soulless piece of crap ever released.

But, that's kind of an extreme. I haven't played every game ever released, there might be one that's worse.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."