Van Buren ("FO3") trailer time!

what on Earth was that?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ah, what could have been if Herve was never born...

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Sad stuff

I liked the song though :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Great stuff! BTW there was another F3 project before VAn Buren how did that look like? Did it have the same story as Van Buren just with diff engine or was it a completely diff story? Also any info about the old BG3 Jefferson engine game?

Also any info about the old BG3 Jefferson engine game?

Isn't that what Sawyer is putting together as a NWN2 module?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Eh? According to my knowledge neither of them existed, pre-Van Buren Fallout 3 or Jefferson Engine BG3

"The Black Hound" aka BG3 was ment to use its very own engine. Mystary? Mystery? Something like that...

edit: Yeah. I really want to know some news about his NWN2 project :)

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Eh? According to my knowledge neither of them existed, pre-Van Buren Fallout 3 or Jefferson Engine BG3

"The Black Hound" aka BG3 was ment to use its very own engine. Mystary? Mystery? Something like that...

edit: Yeah. I really want to know some news about his NWN2 project :)

Van Buren used the Jefferson BG3 Engine which was meant for "The Black Hound." So it must have benn existed in some form. The pre Van Buren F3 was canned in 99-00 I think. You are correct that he wants to use his old BG3 story and ideas for a NWN2 module, but I am more interesed in this Jefferson engine. Dont really like the NWN engine.

Edited by Kraptor

I believe you, but still, I'd like to get some sort of source for this information :)

I believe you, but still, I'd like to get some sort of source for this information :)

http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=34207

Well let's get started shall we, first let's do some history lessons:

IPLY originally begun working on Fallout 3 just after Fallout 2, but it ended up being scrapped.

IPLY again started working on Fallout 3 in 2003 and called the project Van Buren, which also ended up being scrapped

http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=35386

Fallout 3 was a different beast. After Baldur's Gate 3 fell apart, we started to work on Fallout 3 with that engine. I wasn't on the project for long before I left Black Isle, but I was programming on it rather than scripting. At the time, I'm pretty sure I was working on a status effect editor that would allow designers to set up various states on a character, permanent and timed, and parent them in certain ways for lifetime management. Not very interesting stuff, especially as it was originally written for BG3 which needed a far more robust effect management than Fallout would due to D&D spell complexity. I also built the path searching system for BG3, which would probably have been rewritten for Fallout 3.

Graphics are the least bit of importance when it comes to a proper Fallout game, Roshan.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Its Roshan so I doubt that it was a joke or sarcasm.

Graphics are the least bit of importance when it comes to a proper Fallout game, Roshan.

So you'd be happy with a roguelike FO3?

Turn based combat, isometric view....Now that i think about it, maybe beth should contact the Dwarf Fortress guy.

Manly, manly tears were shed.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."