Sunday January 20th at 15:00 PM EST

San Diego -14 at New England Over/Under 46.5

Sunday January 20th at 18:30 PM EST

N.Y. Giants -7 at Green Bay Over/Under 39.5

Early weather forecast

@New England - Partly Cloudy/ Wind WNW 22 mph

High: 24

Edited by Kelverin

SD vs NE - SD, like many teams, will keep it close for the first half/maybe 3 quarters; but NE will pull away and win comfortbaly in not quite a blowout.

GB vs. NYG - I like Favre personally, and I'm not gonna underestimate GB. They're for real, and can definitely beat the Giants; but I gotta go with my team whoa re capable of beating GB so NYG will win.

Winners; NE, and NYG. NE will win by 13, NYG will win by a FG; but this game could go either way.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

SD vs NE - SD, like many teams, will keep it close for the first half/maybe 3 quarters; but NE will pull away and win comfortbaly in not quite a blowout.

GB vs. NYG - I like Favre personally, and I'm not gonna underestimate GB. They're for real, and can definitely beat the Giants; but I gotta go with my team whoa re capable of beating GB so NYG will win.

Winners; NE, and NYG. NE will win by 13, NYG will win by a FG; but this game could go either way.

You really think the giants have chance in single digit temperatures and swirling wind? which is going to make it pretty hard to kick field goals. There'll be no need to ice the kicker, he'll already be frozen. Farve also has the advantage because he's played in snow a lot longer then Ellie has. Farve also can through with a lot more velocity than Ellie. since f=ma, a faster throw requires a stronger force from the wind to blow the ball of course. So Farve's passes will be more accurate than Ellie's.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Nobody thoguht the Giants had a chance at the Cowboys... who is still playing?

And, it's not like Giants Stadium is hot like the desert, ya know? Eli, and the G-Men play their share of cold games.

Besides, if the Giants win, it won't be because of Eli. The way to victory for the Giants is their defensive line. If they can pressure the QB aka Favre like they can and as they did Romo (espicially in the second half), they'll do well. All I want from Eli is to limit turnovers to no more than 2, and lead the G Men to two TDs, and I'll be happy with his performance.

Giants LOL! They can't touch Green Bay on the frozen tundra. The odds are way against them.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Despite my better judgment I will pick both underdogs to at least cover and hell they might even win it. Time for some new blood in the Superbowl. Rivers vs. Manning and who got the better end of that particular draft day in 2004. Just as interesting if not more so a story to me as Brady/Favre

Sunday January 20th at 15:00 PM EST

San Diego -14 at New England Over/Under 46.5

Sunday January 20th at 18:30 PM EST

N.Y. Giants -7 at Green Bay Over/Under 39.5

"Giants LOL! They can't touch Green Bay on the frozen tundra. The odds are way against them."

Giants LOL! They can't touch Dallas in the Lone Star State. The odds are way against them.

Both of the favorites should win. I'd love to see my Giants in the 'Bowl, but I recognize that, rationally, they don't have better than a 2-in-5 shot at winning in Green Bay. Getting 7 points, though, I'd take them (although a push looks pretty likely). On the points, I'll take the Over.

The Pats will roll. The 14-point spread, though, is troubling. With a line that high, the rule of thumb is to either take the points (if you think that the underdog will keep it close) or stay the heck away. There are lots of games where the better team dominates the game, but doesn't win by 14 due to a meaningless late score, conservative playcalling, or the like. Putting money on a team to cover a spread that big, even when (as here, IMO) they're a clearly superior team is just a toss-up. You might as well bet on the wind speed at kickoff.

But since there's nothing on the line here, I'll take the points. Weather conditions might keep the scoring relatively low. (Gimme the Under 46.5 as well.)

Phil Rivers is "Doubtful" to play in the SD-NE game on Sunday.

In NFL terms, "doubtful" means that it is almost certain that a player will not be able to play. That 14-point spread might start getting a bit bigger...

Smoke screen, he will be ready to go. Edited by Kelverin

It is going to be the Packers versus the Patriots in the supper bowl because that's the game the majority of the people want to see. Ad what does the NFL want the most? more viewers, because more views means more people are watching which means they can charge more for commercials.

Also the match up would have great poetic undertones. The comeback team led by their great QB on the verge of retirement vs the evil and dominate villain. It's vary much like the rebellion vs. the empire. The teams even dress the part. The Patriots in empire white and the packers in rebel green.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

well congrats to the giants ... despite many mistakes they over come them and win in over-time damn!!!!!!

they played an awesome defensive game, which was their soul savior - Manny did a fair job, but his defense saved him ... or sould I say saved their special teams.

Giants and Pats in the superbowl .......... I have to go with ? it no longer matters to me

such sorrow in cheeseland :sad: :'( :shifty:

"Giants LOL! They can't touch Green Bay on the frozen tundra. The odds are way against them."

"So Farve's passes will be more accurate than Ellie's."

"Eli is nothing, nothing at all like his brother. They'll never make it past Green Bay."

"E. Manning 21/40 254 0 0 vs. B. Favre 19/35 236 2 2"

"NYG 23 GB 20 OT"

'Nough said.

See ya in two weeks for the rematch, Patriots! See ya in training camp Favre... work on that awesome accuracy of yours!

Better play ice hockey GB as youa re THA awesome in cold weather!

R00fles!

Edited by Volourn

Our offense was bad and our defense was worse. Coverage of Burress was terrible and Favre just threw bad pass after bad pass. If he retires, his last play will be that crummy interception in OT.

Yeah, GB's coaches were very stubborn in insisting that Al Harris cover Burress 1-on-1 for long after it became clear that Harris wasn't going to be winning that matchup very often. I know he made the Pro Bowl for the first time, but from what I've seen Harris' play has really fallen off this year. He deserved the Pro Bowl shot in '04-'06 (when he was losing out to overrated guys like DeAngelo Hall), but not in '07. As for Favre, I suspect he'll come back. With the youth on that team, they've got a good shot of making a run again next year, and I don't think he would want to miss that.

The shocking thing to me is that the Giants held GB to 20 points without having a whole lot of success in the pass rush. Normally, their defense is strictly sack-and-burn ("either we'll sack you or you'll burn us"), but they got zero sacks, and precious few hurries and QB hits. Their LBs and DBs really played out of their minds in coverage. They were double-teaming Greg Jennings consistently, and although Driver did make them pay somewhat, nobody else stepped up and got open with any regularity.

Overall, the game was a bit sloppy at times, and the officiating was inconsistent enough that homers on both sides can make a decent case that they were screwed. But there were lots of amazingly good plays, too. (Driver outrunning the field for the TD... Burress hanging on despite the killer hit by Bigby... Pierce's amazing blow-by-three-blockers tackle on the 3rd-down screen pass... Toomer's toe-touches-an-inch-ahead-of-his-elbow sideline catch.) I'll be remembering this one for years to come.

Sure, the Giants'll be a justifiably huge underdog in the Bowl (as they have been for the past 3 weeks), but improbable runs like this are what make being a sports fan so much fun. Win or lose, if the Super Bowl is half as good a game as this one was, I'll be ecstatic.

Oh, and WOOOOO!!!! GO GIANTS!!!!

"E. Manning 21/40 254 0 0 vs. B. Favre 19/35 236 2 2"

See ya in two weeks for the rematch, Patriots! See ya in training camp Favre... work on that awesome accuracy of yours!

Eli Manning had 52.5% accuracy vs. Favre's 54.3%. Wow great slam. Eli had more yards earned on his passes, but that points more to Green Bay's terrible defense than Manning being a magical QB. Burress smoked Harris over and over again. It was a bad game for Favre considering his season standings, but I think he will be able to live with himself considering he holds virtually every NFL QB record and already has a ring.

Overall, the game was a bit sloppy at times, and the officiating was inconsistent enough that homers on both sides can make a decent case that they were screwed. But there were lots of amazingly good plays, too. (Driver outrunning the field for the TD... Burress hanging on despite the killer hit by Bigby... Pierce's amazing blow-by-three-blockers tackle on the 3rd-down screen pass... Toomer's toe-touches-an-inch-ahead-of-his-elbow sideline catch.) I'll be remembering this one for years to come.

I think the most frustrating thing is that all of the great plays were Giants plays. With the exception of Tauscher's fumble recovery following McQuarter's interception. Though that was canceled out by GB's Keystone Kops inability to lay down on the friggin' ball during that late 4th quarter fumble. Ugh.

Let's conviently forget that it's a whole 1.8% difference, and not mention the costly interceptions. Espicially cosnidering how 'horrible' Manning is supposed to be. I mean... Gb was gonna DESTROY the Giants according to the 'football knowledge gods' here (not you Mr. Sawyer; but the others I quoted from earlier).

P.S. I like Brett Favre. Always have, always will.

"I think the most frustrating thing is that all of the great plays were Giants plays"

Wouldn't the Driver 90 yard TD reception count as a great play espicially how he punked out the Giant defending him on the line of scrimmage?

Manning's accuracy in the post-season is a LOT higher than his 2007 season accuracy overall. And considering that Manning himself has said in the past that he doesn't like playing in the cold, it's not that surprising that people predicted he wouldn't do well against Favre at Lambeau in sub-zero temperatures.

I missed the Driver TD. :shifty:

Manning's accuracy in the post-season is a LOT higher than his 2007 season accuracy overall. And considering that Manning himself has said in the past that he doesn't like playing in the cold, it's not that surprising that people predicted he wouldn't do well against Favre at Lambeau in sub-zero temperatures.

Quite true. Unlike Volo, I certainly won't be doing any laughing at those who predicted a Packers victory in this game. I'm as shocked as they are. (Although I'm the good kind of shocked.) Nobody could have predicted this amazing turnaround in the Giants' passing game. 15 games of mediocre play, followed by 4 straight games of amazingly good play? The last time we saw a run that was anything like that, the year was 2003 and QB was Jake Delhomme. (The Panthers, if you recall, lost a close game in the Super Bowl, to New England.)

As for Favre, he just looked terrible when he was throwing the ball into the wind. (GB was against the wind in the 1st, 4th, and OT periods.) The wind in the 2nd & 3rd quarters didn't seem to phase Eli nearly as much. And the Packers run game never went anywhere. I know McCarthy is getting a lot of flack for only calling 13 runs in a game where he never trailed by more than 6 points, but given that only 1 of those 13 runs was even moderately successful, I don't think you can really blame him. He deserves more blame for calling all those outside screen plays. Those plays depend on the WRs making good blocks, and I don't think that a single GB WR made any kind of block at all on any of those plays.

Good game Patriots. Your team is great and deserves all the credit. You grabbed the momentum and ran with it. Took advantage in red zone, we failed to do so. Field goals were not going to get it done.

We made toooooo many mistakes and missed too many opportunities. Can't do that against this team. They are that good. See you in San Diego next season. :devil:

Anthropologists believe that humans first settled in the San Diego area as early as 20,000 years ago - And still ZERO Championships

Edited by Kelverin

"Unlike Volo, I certainly won't be doing any laughing at those who predicted a Packers victory in this game."

I ahve no problem with predicting a GB victory. theya re a very good team, and could have beaten the Giants. My beef is with those who proclaimed with so called 'certainity' that the Giants had 'no chance'. That was silly, and they deserved to have their faces rubbed into it.

Just like the SB. I understand the Patriots will be (and should be) the favorites to win, and will be predicted to win 90% of the time; but anyone who says the Giants have 'no chance' are being dumb ... again. Plain, and simple.

This Superbowl sucks. We have a bunch of nobodys who have no business being in it, the Giants and we have the undefeated champions arrogant cheaters of the Patriots.

See kiddies, cheaters win.

Stupid SD. Stupid Colts. You'll suck for not getting to the top to stop the Patriots.

Giants LOLZ! Dallas is a more worthy team to go to the big game. :devil:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

"Giants LOLZ! Dallas is a more worthy team to go to the big game"

Losers are never worthy.

This super bowl is gonna awesome. Even more awesome because of all the whiners over the Patriots' cheating (which they were already punished for), and the Giants who had 'no chance' against TB, Dallas, and GB supposedly. Pundits always cry foul when their 'solid' predictions come true.

Best super bowl ever because I actually won't mind too much if the favorite NE team wins. Losing to Brett 'Trying To Be A Hero' favre would have been shameful.

Another Manning in the SB. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

P.S. ELI IS WHO I THOUGHT HE WAS! A TRUE WINNER, AND LEADER!

P.S.S. I still don't like Coughlin; but I give credit where credit is due. He has done well. I only dislike one thing he did in the GB - that wa shim whining like a crybaby aka Dark Raven when the first missed FG too place.

Edited by Volourn