Yayz!!!!!!

Sionn

Don't take me wrong, I enjoyed both. I recognize them for what they are - popcorn rollercoasters - but that doesn't mean I don't like them. Witty swashbuckling, cool monsters and adventure book setting, what's not to like? A summer flick is a summer flick. If you are stupid enough to walk into the theaters expecting anything else...shucks.

Undead Chtulhu Pirates vs Shaolin Pirates=instawin

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Meh, both were awesome. I just wish there was more evil-fish-guys-mindlessly-killing-random-pirates. like in the first with the british soldiers getting owned.

EDIT: still love this smiley :) Obsidianent smileys are the best...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"Coincidentally I have just finished watching the second, and it has been absolute crap. One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Theres no plot, just random stupidity that can only entertain children with low IQ. "

O RLY? Since when was 100+ IQ 'low"? The second movie was awesome. If you think it's one of the worst; that's your failing not the movie's. The fact you didn't even know the plot shows your incompetence. The plot was quite clear.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Coincidentally I have just finished watching the second, and it has been absolute crap. One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Theres no plot, just random stupidity that can only entertain children with low IQ. "

O RLY? Since when was 100+ IQ 'low"? The second movie was awesome. If you think it's one of the worst; that's your failing not the movie's. The fact you didn't even know the plot shows your incompetence. The plot was quite clear.

It's official, the second PotC sucks.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It was just too damn long. The first movie at least had coherence, but here it felt like the production department just decided to throw in random locations from 20's adventure books(cannibal island, etc) to fight and good around in and come up with some semblance of plot to tie all the numerous otherwise irrelevant locations together. I hope the third movie is much more focused.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

apparently a 4th is already in the works... unverifiable source on that, however.

taks

I've heard rumblings about a fourth as well, but remember reading that not everyone is signed on for that as of yet.

I've seen the trailer and all the talk of Last stand and the dearth of Piracy pretty much promises that there is not going to be a 4th movie.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

I didn't like the first one so I haven't seen the 2nd and have no interest in seeing the 3rd.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

The only real determining factor in any Pirates sequel is Johnny Depp's level of interest. All he has to do is make a few more sequels and he'll be getting liquid gold enemas, as well as financing for any and every "arthouse" movie he wishes to make in the future.

I recognize them for what they are - popcorn rollercoasters - but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

QFT

Although it personally took me a while to warm up to the first one. Once I did, I liked it quite a bit.

Enough that I didn't like the 2nd one nearly as much, even if it did have some fun moments. It just felt a lot more "forced" than the first one, or something.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't know why anybody would want a liquid gold enema. Sure it'd make your colon look pretty but goddamn if it wouldn't be painful. :yucky:

It is the next level of "bling."

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I've greatly enjoyed both movies. They are just escapist fun movies like Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, The Mummy etc.

As long as the next Pirates movie doesn't have the main characters have witty children who ruin the movie (See Mummy 2) I'll probably be happy with it, especially after watching the trailer.

It was just too damn long. The first movie at least had coherence, but here it felt like the production department just decided to throw in random locations from 20's adventure books(cannibal island, etc) to fight and good around in and come up with some semblance of plot to tie all the numerous otherwise irrelevant locations together. I hope the third movie is much more focused.

Actually, outside the Cannibal Island thing (of which I'm not sure why it was in the movie at all), the second movie was pretty coherent. Jack finds out what's happening, Jack finds a way to stop it, Jack fails and dies. There is not much else that happens in this movie.

As long as the next Pirates movie doesn't have the main characters have witty children who ruin the movie (See Mummy 2) I'll probably be happy with it, especially after watching the trailer.

I have to say that the kid from The Mummy 2 was pretty much the first time I saw one that DIDN'T ruin the movie. He was annoying, but on purpose. And to the bad guys. Most things that are annoying and ruin the movie do this by accident. Honestly, I thought the way he kept taunting that henchmen was great.

I liked the first one, not so much the 2nd. The 3rd just looks kinda stupid or maybe I am just too old to enjoy these kids movies. I'll probably still get dragged out to go see it though. Will just have to try not to think too much when I am watching it.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Guest The Architect

Yeah, the first one was awesome, but the second one felt dull and uninspiring if you ask me. I think it tried to build suspense for the third one, but umm

Edited by The Architect