How was the next day?

Fenghuang

It's was an ordinary day until I checked the mail just now. Apparently the US treasury is sending out some tax refunds; why I don't know, I don't keep up with the news. But we're now $12.32 richer. Wheee! ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's was an ordinary day until I checked the mail just now. Apparently the US treasury is sending out some tax refunds; why I don't know, I don't keep up with the news. But we're now $12.32 richer. Wheee! :yucky:

Don't spend it all in one place! :sorcerer:

Taxes due in April in the US are for the previous year - ie, you get your tax info for 2006 at the beginning of the new year 2007 and need to send your papers by April 15, 2007. Some people may do things where they figure out estimated tax payments for the upcoming year as well, with a payment schedule, but even then you have to file something the next April (adjustments/possible extra payments).

Hope that's what you were asking?

Wait, you pay taxes every month right? and then they send you an estimate of it, which you have to correct for yourself - adding extra income etc. right? I hope you're not expected to pay your taxes for an entire year at once. :(

For individuals, the Feds & State gov'ts (most, but not all, states have an income tax) deduct a % from payroll checks. At the end of the year, your employer(s) sends you a statement of the amounts you've earned and the taxes you've paid. You plug these amounts into the tax forms, account for any additional income/loss (like interest on investments), take any deductions that you are entitled to, and figure out how much you owe. If it's less than what has already been deducted, you get a refund; if not, you've got to pony up the difference.

Businesses generally pay estimated taxes every month, and the same annual accounting process is used to see if they've paid enough or too much.

They actually have provisional tax payments in Australia (or did), whereby businesses and individuals pay tax in advance based on what they paid last year. Unless you can give a good (legal) reason why not. At least that was the case about ten years ago. :woot:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

To provide some closure to all you stalkers out there, I filled out my tax forms yesterday. The U.S. Treasury owes me about $2200 (for taxes deducted from salary drawn from same U.S. Treasury), but I must pay the Commonwealth of Virginia around $600.

Today was a fairly ordinary workday, except that most of my bosses were out of the office, so there was little incentive to work particularly hard.

How was my day, or should I say night? I can answer with one syllable.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Judging by the drama queen you usually are, that probably means your TV remote ran out of batteries or something.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

No. I don't watch television anyway.

It is the fact that a large number of my customers at the store I work at are idiots. Can't find the microwave when it is right in front of them, thinking that it is okay to eat food in the store when it isn't a restaurant, taking a half hour to figure out they are hungry for a fifty cent cookie, bribing me $300 just to buy a 12 pack of beer after the 2 AM cut off, and skateboarding kids thinking to use the rails at the gas pumps as tools to break their necks.

Again I say AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

To top it off my replacement was 30 minutes late. Grrr....

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Judging by the drama queen you usually are, that probably means your TV remote ran out of batteries or something.

I just laughed coke out my nose.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Coke is suppose to go in, not out, the nose.

Today I sat in a white plastic deck chair in the backyard while watching the tiny birds play in our jungle backyard. They love our backyard in Spring, before we hack all the wild growth away. :)

yard-01.jpg

Then I decided my car was really dirty and spent 3 hours washing and waxing it. It's old and functionall, but considering how much I neglect the thing, it's not in too bad of shape. If you look closely, you can see that in the seconds that it took me to go grab the camera, the huge eucuplyptus tree on the curb behind had already dropped a stuipid leaf on the hood (upper right, just under the tag on the windshield). I hate that tree.

cleancar.jpg

Then I decided I'd start some yardwork, which mostly meant creating a giant pile of intial hedge/tree trimmings. We have far too many of those, that we cut back to stubs every year, and every year they grow back to unruly nightmares.

Tomorrow I'll probably start the weeding, since, uh, the yard obviously needs it. :p

yard-02.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Miserable day. I had stomachache all day, from eating something last night I think, and I couldn't get rid of it. Plus one of my students has been jailed for speeding - only for a day, but Saudi jails are not nice and I was a bit worried about him, but his friend says he's out and okay.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Miserable day. I had stomachache all day, from eating something last night I think, and I couldn't get rid of it. Plus one of my students has been jailed for speeding - only for a day, but Saudi jails are not nice and I was a bit worried about him, but his friend says he's out and okay.

In jail for speeding? How fast was he going? :(

Its bloody snowing outside! BLOODY SNOW!

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Its bloody snowing outside! BLOODY SNOW!

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Bloody snow? Isn't that one of the signs of the apocalypse or something? :sorcerer:

On my end, we've got a chance of rain later today. Hopefully it will not be raining when I have to walk home. Other than that, it's a normal workday, and at the end of it, I'll be a little richer and a day closer to the replacement power supply for my new PC getting here so that I can start playing some non-GBA games again.

I so happy! Today I spoke :ermm: ok not spoke 'typed' :sorcerer: to my niece that I haven't seen for 14 years. Isn't the innanet wonderful?!

I'm now working my way through a bottle of Stolichnaya. :woot: So nice! So warming! :shifty:

Ah vodka. *happy sigh* I trust it's nice and cold.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.