LARPING? HAHAHAHA

Blank

Indeed, it does look as though they are having fun. I am personally glad they did this, because I get to see this small guy, dressed as a dwarf, get nailed by a large object, that looks like an axe, wielded by a large guy, dressed as a giant.

Hahaha! That "Big Guy" vs. Dwarf was hilarious :ermm:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I was wondering if the little guy got sent to the hospital after that.

1st dude, almost crying voice: Do you understand... That every time we kill one... IT HURTS!

2nd dude, quizzically, stroking beard: But if we don't kill them... How will we build our houses?

Edited by Blank

They are having fun and not bothering anyone else. I don't see the point of laughing at that.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

They are having fun and not bothering anyone else. I don't see the point of laughing at that.

Because larping is in the same realm as furies and cosplay. Larping is something that can only be seriously done when you are about 8. Those were the days.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Its just looks like a different way of gaming and good exercise to boot. Making fun of someone for being more physical in their gaming pursuits is wrong and disrespectful. By what authority do you have to judge how others game or entertain themselves?

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

The "HAHAHA" in the title is both sarcastic, based on a 4am post, and because I legitimately laugh at what I see. Why do I laugh? I don't see it every day. It's funny. I'm not saying they are stupid people, or bad people, or judging them. Although, I will judge them to the extent to make a simple observation such as "You don't see this every day." There is nothing wrong with those types of judgments.

I was personally surprised by what I saw because it looked very large-scale and well thought out. Although, this activity in public would be barely socially acceptable. Fortunately they have the woods.

Edited by Blank

I won't argue why or why things aren't socially acceptable. I am just assuming if a bunch of people did this in public, they'd be frowned upon or labeled strange.

On the other hand, if a bunch of people dressed up as special forces and went airsofting, most people understand that this is a common practice of the activity. I don't think people in general are used to LARPing, however. Actually, it'd be interesting to see a group of people LARP in a public setting, acting like medieval characters suddenly thrust into a future environment. I'd like to see people's reactions and if the cops would stop them for disturbing the peace.

Pfft I still think it's stupid. I mean if you want to hit other boys with a Styrofoam axe and play in the desert while making your own sound effects or w/e yeah you can do that and I could really care less but I think they are still geeks. You believe what you believe i believe what i want. I'd much rather get laid then be some weird socially inept weird guy.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Was that really necessary? >_<

No, but getting back on topic certainly is.

Is it called LARPing, then? We had a bunch of people doing this by the lake outside my accommodation when I was at uni two years ago. From a distance, I thought they were some kind of civil war reenactment group, but then one day I wandered past and thought the swords and axes looked unrealistically big. I decided they must be rehearsing for some kind of outdoor theatrical performance. I suppose I should have gone up and asked them, but they were waving the swords around quite energetically and some appeared to have bows and arrows.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)