Feargus Fun at RPG Codex

baby arm

Hopefully, this will put to rest that silly rumour that obsidian ever purchased the IWD license. that was nonsensical from the get go.

As for the IWD3, I'd buy it, and likely enjoy it; but it's far from being 'must have' list. Better off just making abother D&D dungeonc rawl. It's not like the IWD name guarantees millions of sales.

I may get it depending on how it was made.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Meh, I'll get any Bioware or OE product anyway, no matter what's the quality... :o

But yeah, IWD3 would kick so much ass :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Justified rave though. The second game is magnificent.

After horribly dying against a rat because I couldn't figure out how to attack it while it was slowly killing me, I just gave up and didn't try anymore.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Woah, I had no idea that the folks at Obsidian had even heard about Gothic! Good news :)

The way you rave on about it I'd be surprised if there is a single person on this forum who hasn't heard about it, tho' the number of people having played it is another question entirely.

Speaking of which, mkreku have you actually played Gothic 3 yet? And if you have, did it live up to your expectations?

I still haven't touched it.

By now I'm almost afraid of it. No matter what, it feels like I am in for a huge disappointment. But I will wait for the next patch and then I'll bite the sour grapes.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

combat ruined gothic for me. too bad, because the games were otherwise well done.

what's interesting about this thread, btw, is the amount of time feargus spends over at the codex. when i was a regular there, he posted frequently. more so than here. i guess you should always take the fight directly to your detractors' doorstep, and if ever there was a bioware/****/black isle/obsidian detractor, rpg codex would qualify. as i recall, he was always pretty calm in his replies to even the most ardent of haters. calmer than i would be.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

By now I'm almost afraid of it. No matter what, it feels like I am in for a huge disappointment. But I will wait for the next patch and then I'll bite the sour grapes.

Just make sure you post your impressions when you do. :teehee:

oh wow. they censor i.n.e.p.t.p.l.a.y.

taks

I found it funny they'd censor that but not Biowhore or Troikatards.

Still, I suspect we've given him less flak during the Codex's entire existence than the one he has gotten post-The Sith Lords all around.

So because it's gothic you'll wait for patches? RIGHT!

I hope everyone is paying attention.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

i would just like to know what are fallout fans the worst at???

and i think some of the nwn2 fans are just as bad as fallout fans

Those who are rabid fans of both double suck! >_<

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

No, no they are not.

Fanaticism and extremism is never good, may it be with computer games, religion, political parties, console games, CCGs, movies, books, or whatever.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

The path of moderation is the best way to go.

am not a fan o' moderation... multiple meanings intended.

regardless, we doubt Gromnir ever gets a Christmas card from fergie... not his biggest supporter.

oh, and oblivion is kinda like all-you-can-eat cafeteria food. sure, there were lots o' oblivion, many hours o' game play, but Gromnir were full after the first few hours o' gameplay. can only stomach so much mystery meat... fact that there were a seemingly endless supply o' crap not somehow make it more palatable .

however, please note that Gromnir were happier to see oblivion do well than we were 'bout any other game in past 5 years. virtually every developer since bg2 has been telling us that games of such scale as bg2 were no longer possible. bio developers and obsidian developers and pandemic, irrattional, troika and others all claimed BIG and 3d were mutual exclusive. is oblivion success that helped put a stop to fergie 20 hour nonsense? maybe. heck, if toee had been as big a hit as oblivion, then we would have seen bunch o' tb crpgs. oblivion helped slow trend in favor o' ever shorter crpgs, and for that alone we is thankful.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yes. What's the problem?

I'm not playing this for review purposes. I bought this (Collector's Edition) because I want to support Piranha Bytes no matter what. But I also realize they have a really bad track record when it comes to bugs and unfinished games, so I decided to wait for a few patches before (possibly) ruining the experience for myself by playing a game that's not finished. Time to wait is usually a luxury I don't have.

am not a fan o' moderation... multiple meanings intended.

regardless, we doubt Gromnir ever gets a Christmas card from fergie... not his biggest supporter.

oh, and oblivion is kinda like all-you-can-eat cafeteria food. sure, there were lots o' oblivion, many hours o' game play, but Gromnir were full after the first few hours o' gameplay. can only stomach so much mystery meat... fact that there were a seemingly endless supply o' crap not somehow make it more palatable .

however, please note that Gromnir were happier to see oblivion do well than we were 'bout any other game in past 5 years. virtually every developer since bg2 has been telling us that games of such scale as bg2 were no longer possible. bio developers and obsidian developers and pandemic, irrattional, troika and others all claimed BIG and 3d were mutual exclusive. is oblivion success that helped put a stop to fergie 20 hour nonsense? maybe. heck, if toee had been as big a hit as oblivion, then we would have seen bunch o' tb crpgs. oblivion helped slow trend in favor o' ever shorter crpgs, and for that alone we is thankful.

HA! Good Fun!

I don't know abouit that. You can still beat Oblivion's main quest under 20 hours.

It took me 60 hours to complete ~90% of Oblivion. This includes going to every single dungeon in the map, looking in all the towns for quests, etc. Considering the fact that Oblivion's landscape was randomly generated and then sculpted, and that nearly all of their dungeons are mindless and generic, and the gear and creatures are levelled and thus not scripted, I would say that it is not as 'epic' in terms of production as it turns out to be.

Now you could take this and say well, Oblivion shows us how we can use new types of technology (i.e. the automatic landscape) to make big games and balance out the time/work demands of new technology. That would be a valid point in general, though of course there are obvious flaws to be sorted out (i.e. genericity). But what I am saying is that Oblivion was created differently and has a different sort of playing experience, and thus you can't take its "60 hours" or whatever the same as an IE game's 60 hours.

Yes. What's the problem?

I'm not playing this for review purposes. I bought this (Collector's Edition) because I want to support Piranha Bytes no matter what. But I also realize they have a really bad track record when it comes to bugs and unfinished games, so I decided to wait for a few patches before (possibly) ruining the experience for myself by playing a game that's not finished. Time to wait is usually a luxury I don't have.

Hey I didn't need to do anything, you've done it all for me in one fell swoop.

Double standards. :sorcerer:

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I honestly have no idea what you're on about.

Yes, I have double standards when it comes to the Gothic series. And? What's your point?

NightandtheShape has an irrational hatred for double standards. :sorcerer:

Edited by Sand