Feargus Fun at RPG Codex

baby arm

Mkreku is a game reviewer, someone who is paid to give his opinions for a game site. If you are looking for an unbias game reviewer then you might as well go look for the proverbial needle in the haystack because by the very nature of the work of being a game reviewer you need to be opinionated and every opinion has a bias.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Mkreku is a game reviewer, someone who is paid to give his opinions for a game site. If you are looking for an unbias game reviewer then you might as well go look for the proverbial needle in the haystack because by the very nature of the work of being a game reviewer you need to be opinionated and every opinion has a bias.

oh I know this, but exposing them all for the hypocritical parasitic worms they are is slowly become'in a hobby for me. Naturally it's nothing person against Mkreku directly.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Aren't we all hypocritical parasites when it comes right down to it? :sorcerer:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Aren't we all hypocritical parasites when it comes right down to it? :brows:

LOL perhaps, but then again I can't help but feel that reviewers have way too much influence over people in general.

If you want to hate a game, you will find things you hate about it, same goes for if you want to like something.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

That is why it is important to find a game reviewer with similar tastes to yourself.

what a screwy pov. bias ain't same as preference. bias is an unreasoned preference, so no, an opinion does not always have a bias.

The biggest problem with reviewers that Gromnir has is not that they gots preferences or tastes that is different than Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

what a screwy pov. bias ain't same as preference. bias is an unreasoned preference, so no, an opinion does not always have a bias.

Its all the same to me. Bias, preference, opinion, reasonable or unreasonable.

*nods*

is exactly why we said your pov is screwy.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Good, we are in agreement.

:brows:

Aren't we all hypocritical parasites when it comes right down to it? :brows:

Only if by "we" you are referring to you silly humans and not everyone on this forum.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

*nods*

is exactly why we said your pov is screwy.

HA! Good Fun!

not screwy, irrational. :brows:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I'm questioning your credibility as a journalist.

Ah. Well, good luck then. I'm a games journalist. I review games, I don't report the news. All I have is a (somewhat educated) opinion which I try to convey as objectively as possible to the readers of our site.

Sometimes it doesn't work and we make mistakes. It was probably a mistake to let me review Gothic 2 (which is the reason I turned down Gothic 2 Gold and Gothic 3..), just as it was giving Zelda: The Wind Waker to our biggest Zelda fan (he scored it 98/100 back when we had that scale). Do you think Eurogamer are proud of the fact that they scored Oblivion 10/10 right now? Or do you think there's not a single reviewer in the world going "Hey, Gears of War.. maybe it wasn't The Holy Grail Of All Gaming after all?" right now?

We offer opinions, not fact. We're not trying to convince anyone that we're right, we're merely trying to convey a sense of what the product is about so that the reader can make up his own mind about whether or not the title in question is for him/her, without having to spend 50

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Mkreku WINS! :shifty:

I'm questioning your credibility as a journalist.

Ah. Well, good luck then. I'm a games journalist. I review games, I don't report the news. All I have is a (somewhat educated) opinion which I try to convey as objectively as possible to the readers of our site.

Sometimes it doesn't work and we make mistakes. It was probably a mistake to let me review Gothic 2 (which is the reason I turned down Gothic 2 Gold and Gothic 3..), just as it was giving Zelda: The Wind Waker to our biggest Zelda fan (he scored it 98/100 back when we had that scale). Do you think Eurogamer are proud of the fact that they scored Oblivion 10/10 right now? Or do you think there's not a single reviewer in the world going "Hey, Gears of War.. maybe it wasn't The Holy Grail Of All Gaming after all?" right now?

We offer opinions, not fact. We're not trying to convince anyone that we're right, we're merely trying to convey a sense of what the product is about so that the reader can make up his own mind about whether or not the title in question is for him/her, without having to spend 50

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

I agree. mkreku wins. This time. :shifty:

but we all lose.

"Ah. Well, good luck then. I'm a games journalist. I review games, I don't report the news. All I have is a (somewhat educated) opinion which I try to convey as objectively as possible to the readers of our site."

review games gets special qualification? is too bad.

that being said, is not like mkreku is alone in incompetence and is not as if games is only class o' reviews that has such a poor group o' technical writers. is music and books reviewed better than games? maybe, but the gap is getting smaller. there is still a ny times book review, but what is music equivalent... Rolling Stone? and what 'bout movie reviews? is thousands o' movie review sites on internet and every major newspaper gots a dedicated movie reviewer. how many o' those reviewers do you thinks is excellent at their craft? sure, you may find a reviewer who gots some similar taste as you, you may even find a reviewer who is entertaining, but how many reviews has you actually read that you would you rely 'pon if you not knew the track record o

any joker with an opinion and some free time is capable o' being a reviewer o'... whatever.

seems i recall sand actually functioning in this role at one time. hehe... i need the pokey icon. :shifty:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Hey, I did, but then I decided it really wasn't worth the trouble or the money. I have been seriously been thinking of doing my own site and basically write up not game reviews as the norm but full length essays and technical response critiques of the game in question, but then again who gives a smeg what I think. I certainly don't.

Edited by Sand

Of course you couldn't. I expected it. 8)