What properties would you like to see games made from?

Oerwinde

If they could ever make 3D games look real, like an image I saw that was supposedly rendered in DX10, I may start to like 3D just as much as 2D games. I still favor 2D.

DX 10 is pretty close to photorealistic... But that said, 2D as in IE games are really just 3D rendered images. So it's 3D artwork all the same, and technology is fairly close to be capible of doing such in real time. So... 2D really has nothing to offer.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

A good Steampunk game would be nice... Like Rise of Legends, just without Lawrence of Arabia and the Jaffa coming in to crash the party. But the massive towers of steam, dirigibles, popguns, Clockwork machinations and so forth would be extremly interesting to play with in an RPGish setting.

I agree. China Mieville's Bas-Lag setting from Perdido Street Station would be particularly cool. Dragon Magazine just had a big spread on adapting it to d20 a couple issues ago, but there's no reason why it would have to follow that system - I think it would work rather well with SPECIAL or somethng more GURPS-like as well.

Celebrity RPG. An RPG set in the real world where you have to become a celebrity.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I mean like a tabloid and Hello! magazine celebrity. And a real hardcore RPG with stats, a class system, intricate dialogues, complex quests, everything.

Social Climber RPG!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Hmm, so noone fell for my caRPG idea, eh? Well, at least I'm seeing some ideas that doesn't involve just taking the same tired game mechanics (kill, kill and .. oh, thats right: KILL!!!) in a slightly new setting.

I don't think you'd ever have to kill anyone in a caRPG.. except if you base it on Death Race 2000 (best movie ever!).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hmm, so noone fell for my caRPG idea, eh? Well, at least I'm seeing some ideas that doesn't involve just taking the same tired game mechanics (kill, kill and .. oh, thats right: KILL!!!) in a slightly new setting.

I don't think you'd ever have to kill anyone in a caRPG.. except if you base it on Death Race 2000 (best movie ever!).

I kind of like it. I miss AutoDuel on my Commodore 64. :cry:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I kind of like it. I miss AutoDuel on my Commodore 64. :cry:

Awesome game :'(

Anyone play Roadwar 2000 on the Commodore 64?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'd love to see the entire Lone Wolf series come out in a large RPG game. Loved those books when I was a kid.

If you have NWN there is an excellent adaption to it.

Click Here: Lone Wolf: Test of the Sun

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I loved Battlezone 2 because it mixed FPS with vehicular combat and RTS in a really great way.

I would LOVE to see these concepts applied to a Battlestar Galactica game.

Instead of various hovertanks you'd have Vipers, Raptors and Raiders.

Planning constructions and assaults in the CIC and then jumping in a Viper to execute the plan.

:sorcerer:

Edited by astr0creep

More anti liniar gaming, with less direction more contents in general and choices possible to make, in other worlds more dynamic games, that can be replayed and have fun with more than 2 times.

I must admit for a long time now i had hoped it would come with mmorpgs but really not much out there that isnt a fixed storyline with a mass crowding herd leading to somewhere.

Its mostly what i miss since pen and paper adventures stopped for me, its much in gaming industry is focused on a specific story and around the story, rather than the players, at least it how it often feels, i always respected Obsidian for giving alot of options in their games, however i still feel its possible to make things even better, but sadly i doubt theres a big enough marked for it now a days seeing as everything is turning mainstream not matter what it is...

We live in a soulless world :blink::ermm: