Anyone from the old BIS forum?

Briosafreak

Ah the old BIS boards. :huh:

Back in the days when I was shy and not very out spoken. Then I met a bunch of meanies, trolls, spammers and other undesirables there and they made me who I am today. :)

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Ah the old BIS boards. :huh:

Back in the days when I was shy and not very out spoken. Then I met a bunch of meanies, trolls, spammers and other undesirables there and they made me who I am today. :)

What? You were posting on the old boards? Under what nick?

And what happened to Crazy Kat?

And who's tarna?

Edited by ramza

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

This thread is starting to feel like a discussion about Woodstock. 500,000 people were there, 50 million people claim they were there.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I wasn't there. :/

The BG1 board that I remember was threaded and no longer exists.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

There should be a picture of Hell Kitty. He looks like Chris Avellone only more beautiful. :rolleyes:

hell kitty has a scary fixation on sharp objects and stabulation. :shudder: ;)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

This thread is starting to feel like a discussion about Woodstock. 500,000 people were there, 50 million people claim they were there.

I was there. I missed the threaded version of the old BIS boards, but I was on them for a couple years before they closed down and moved everyone to Interplay.

Ah the old BIS boards. :lol:

Back in the days when I was shy and not very out spoken. Then I met a bunch of meanies, trolls, spammers and other undesirables there and they made me who I am today. :lol:

What? You were posting on the old boards? Under what nick?

I hung out mostly at the BG and IWD forums. Posted under my name Gabrielle.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I hung out mostly at the BG and IWD forums. Posted under my name Gabrielle.

That ... makes ... sense.... :o Now, I'm not the most attentive guy around here with regard to all the personalities on these boards, but that's a piece of information that I feel like I should've known.

Ah well.

As for myself, I first encountered these boards when I played Torment for the first time (early 2000?? Has it been that long?), which means I caught the tail end of the old threaded boards. But I never really posted a whole lot (and I was certainly too timid to post a picture), so I have no idea the degree to which anyone remembers my contributions. Some of those names certainly ring a bell, though.

Some of those names certainly ring a bell, though.

A couple sound familiar, but I think most of the people I talked to a lot on the threaded boards didn't transfer over - or if they did, they changed their name. Or I forgot their name. :blink: Heck, I don't even remember what I was calling myself back then. heheh

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 2 weeks later...
I miss all of them :thumbsup:

That's a shame... I thought you was "in" with all those guys.

Nah... haven't talked to anyone in forever... at least 2 years would be my guess... got married and such, not much time for posting anymore.

does anyone know where to find the pic from the old forums from the movie signs with all of them with the tinfoil helmets? Said "Nice Theory" on it... I've been looking all over for it.

Mostly Harmless

I used to lurk at the BIS boards, but I never made any posts until I started modding BG2, and by that time they had merged back into the Interplay forums.

does anyone know where to find the pic from the old forums from the movie signs with all of them with the tinfoil helmets? Said "Nice Theory" on it... I've been looking all over for it.

You mean this one?

nicetheory.jpg

It can be found here along with the rest of the bisimgs.

Edited by aVENGER

Try not to spam them too much guys. My friend's hosting them and that site already has a forum that eats bandwidth.

Perhaps somebody else could host them?

They aren't all there - we managed to download that many before BIS went down for realz.