Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Notes On A Scandal. Pretty great. About how society and its screwed up, forced morals completely F you up.

Really? Apparently the film doesn't live up to the book, and the central plot device (between the boy and Cate Blanchet, which is changed from the book) is too forced. But I like that Judy Dench is playing not a nice person (even if the character is a little too indistinct).

Lawrence of Arabia. I don't think I've seen this before. It's okay. I was disappointed that it wasn't more historically accurate, but the acting is superb.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Lawrence of Arabia is my favorite movie ever. Hooks me every time and just doesn't let go.

I saw Mel Brook's Spaceballs and must admit that that "When is now" scene absolutely floored me. So freaking funny.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Guest Accept

Just finished The Passion of the Christ by Mel Gibson.

Extremly violent movie, but i think this is a thing that is important to see - even if you don't like it, since it's one of the biggest moment in history of man, and it shows the darkerside of man.

The Prestige.

Very slow to start, and I wouldn't call it a really good movie. But by the end I found it almost disturbing in a compelling kind of way - a rather dark ending too. One of the 'secrets' was pretty easy to figure out from the start tho, even w/the red herrings.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Prestige.

Very slow to start, and I wouldn't call it a really good movie. But by the end I found it almost disturbing in a compelling kind of way - a rather dark ending too. One of the 'secrets' was pretty easy to figure out from the start tho, even w/the red herrings.

I watched it with two friends and we all missed at least one big plot twist till late, so while it's not mind blowing in a "OMG, did not see that coming" kinda way, it's enjoyable and keeps you on your toes.

Edward Scissorhands for the upteenth time.

Don't take me wrong, I like the movie. It's a bit soppy and a bit fun, but it's too Burtonish. All the other Burton movies I've seen have almost ruined it. And Elfman's music is really trite. Still, almost got teary-eyed, again, when they showed the dance scene in the end.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I watched the Prestige a few days ago. Gotta agree, it starts out really slow and is almost agonizing. I mean nothing happens, everything seemed to be out of context and I wasn't sure if things were in the past or present or if I'm just retarded. I have to admit though the ending was pretty crazy but it still didn't make up for almost entire half of the movie in which nothing freakin happened. Especially since the end seemed to be a bit dramatic and a little played up.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I loved the Prestige. I can't rave about it, enough.

I just rewatched The Fifth Element and Team America World Police.

The Fifth Element: Still love it after a decade. It's funny hearing that it was critically panned at Cannes, when I see how much fandom there is for it.

Team America World Police: Puppets...having...sex. They're not even anatomically correct, either.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The Illusionist was an amazing movie. Kept my attention the whole time from start to finish. The Prestige was just alright. I mean the twist at the end was pretty good but the begining was just slow. Nothing happened. It was just non interesting. At least The Illusionist had tricks and stuff and mysteriousness to keep you busy.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

The Running Man.

Last time I saw this film I think it was in the '80s.

I had fond memories of a time when Arnie films were just too awesome.

But this is just sooo bad. I mean talk about useless Hollywood garbage.

The scenarios I used to create in my head for playing with action figures were way better than this piece of crap.

Did Arnold make any good films besides T1, T2 and Predator?

:shifty:

Lawrence of Arabia is my favorite movie ever. Hooks me every time and just doesn't let go.

I saw Mel Brook's Spaceballs and must admit that that "When is now" scene absolutely floored me. So freaking funny.

:p

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

LotR Return of the King extended edition. Good movie just like the previous two.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Stranger Than Fiction

I thought it would be a lot funnier but it's more of a dramatic comedy than a Haha comedy.

Will Ferrel shows some decent dramatic chops and Emma Thompson, as usual, is stellar.

Suspension of disbelief is essentiel to enjoy the piece(we never know why Harrold Crick comes alive) but if one can do that it's a very enjoyable, feel good film.

8/10

I agree completely. It's so rare for me to see Will Ferrel in something and actually like him. Bewitched was just wrong, but this was so much better. It didn't linger at all over the hows and whys and deluge us with psychobabble explanations - I really appreciated that.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Last night, The Seventh Sign with Demi Moore. Ooohhh, the apocalypse!

And today I just saw Lawrence Of Arabia for the first time. Man was that long.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I used to love The Seventh Sign when it came out, because it had both Jurgen Prochnow and Michael Biehn in it, lol. I must have watched it 5 or 6 times.

Dead Again. I still love this movie.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Typical Hollywood action film with added historical epicness and very well directed.

Also one of the greatest visual feasts I've ever experienced.

9/10

:)

$65 Million to make.

$70 Million made on opening night.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"