Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Diogo Ribeiro

I'm going to side with Kelverin on this one as well. That guy that played Doom came off like a little bit of a ponce. I didn't find him very threatening. The film would have been better if Doom was a bit more sinsister looking, I think. And had a thicker accent.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'm going to side with Kelverin on this one as well. That guy that played Doom came off like a little bit of a ponce. I didn't find him very threatening. The film would have been better if Doom was a bit more sinsister looking, I think. And had a thicker accent.

Fair enough... but which is the authentic Doom?

Fair enough... but which is the authentic Doom?

Doom should be a borderline-insane egomaniac with booming delusions of grandeur and a supercharged envy of Reed Richards. Instead, we got a smarmy corporate scumbag who spoke in whispers and looked like a buffoon, instead of a force to be reckoned with, in the armor.

I don't have the willpower/stamina to see the movie again in order to find more examples.

Edited by Kelverin

Doom isn't insane... he's just trying to deify himself and makes a point in trying to take over the world... and he also has a tendancy to state his goals well before hand. Mainly because there is no law against walking up to a cop and saying "I'm going to take over the world" (that was actually stan's basis for the character).

Doom has respect for others with power, a very very strong feeling of family devotion. He's also a powerhungry leader of a high tech nation. He likes to test his opponents rather than kill them, and likes to believe that he can control everything. When he can't it usually comes back and bites him.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

We weren't talking about the changes to the character, most of which I believe were based off the Ultimate Fantastic Four Doom, we were talking about him being miscast. Julian McMahon was one of the highlights of the film and made an awesome Doom.
Lets try this again. I have not read the Fantastic Four comic in years, but he sure does not resemble the Doom I remember. At least the way he was depicted from FF #1 - 300.

I am not questioning the actors ability, he just is not Victor Von Doom.

I think the problem was with the writing rather than the actor. And still being a normal, though powerful, human, he didn't have delusions of godhood yet. Now that he has powers and is ruler of Latveria, I think in the 2nd film we'll see the more traditional overly dramatic "All fear DOOM" Doom. We also need to see more of his scientist side too. The only guy smarter than him is sposed to be Reed, or maybe Tony Stark, so hopefully they'll show that too.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I thought FF1 was underrated. It sure beats a couple of Super hero flicks from the last couple of years that were thoroughly overrated. I'm looking at YOU Batman Begins and Spiderman 2. It was also just as good as Superman Returns.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I thought FF1 was undderrated. It sure beats a couple of Super hero flciks from the last couple of years thatw ere thoroughly overrated. I'm looking at YOU Batman Begins and Spiderman 2. It was also just as good as Superman Returns.

I'll give you Superman Returns, but it doesn't beat Batman and Spiderman. <_<

I never said it beat Spiderman. I said it beat Spiderman 2. And, Superman returns at least wans't overrated like the other two.

FF4 was exactly what it was - a popcorn superhero movie without the pretensions of sophistictaion that BB tried to pretend it had and SM2, outside of the villain, just outright not good. Disspaointing since SM1 was fantastic!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Superman suffered because they brought in the kid sideplot and they made the movie c...r...a...w...l across the screen.

Spiderman Two was very good.

F4 was trying to do the comics justice and failing (wow... the guy looks like he's 50 and he's going to get married to HER!?) also it got preempted by Incredibles.

The silver surfer would be interesting but I don't think many comic book characters will like it because it looks like they are going to be potraying the Surfer as mindless machine that reacts and kills when attacked rather than a galactic superpowered person who's saving his world by doing this.

The silver surfer would be interesting but I don't think many comic book characters will like it because it looks like they are going to be potraying the Surfer as mindless machine that reacts and kills when attacked rather than a galactic superpowered person who's saving his world by doing this.

Where is that evident? Surfer could very well be just like in the comics. Really, I expect Galactus to come a-knocking and Surfer to turn tables at the end.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Where is that evident? Surfer could very well be just like in the comics. Really, I expect Galactus to come a-knocking and Surfer to turn tables at the end.

well I was just running off the trailer... Admittedly theres nothing in the trailer with much substance but :shruggles:

Yeah, the trailer shows the first appearance of the Silver Surfer, before anyone knows his motivations and such.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

And it's a rather cool appearance.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

well I was just running off the trailer... Admittedly theres nothing in the trailer with much substance but :shruggles:

It's better than the trailer for the first movie, right? It basically gave you the whole plot of the story, from beginning to end. >_<