KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 22

Yeah, but there are many faces that have to be taken into consideration. And how will you be able to see what your Revan/Exile/Whoever looks like until you meet them? What if you pick the same face as your current character. Lightsaber color is fine, but I think people's faces are a little hard to intertwine into the mix.

Why would that be hard? "Revan's" faces were different then "Exile's" faces and the new character could have a new set of faces as well. Other then that, I don't see the problem when you pick the same face as your Revan / Exile.

In both games you could also see faces coming back all the time. Why would it be a problem?

Master Vandar lives!

Besides, do you guys understand MANY who'll play K3 have never played K1 or K2? <_<

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Besides, do you guys understand MANY who'll play K3 have never played K1 or K2? <_<

Just like there were people who saw ROTJ but never saw ANH or ESB? Heshootshescores!

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

These things are completely unrelated DAWUSS <_<

When K3 comes out K1 & K2 are OLD games and there's new group (generation is too strong term) of players that have never played Kotors...

There were many who bought K2 without ever playing K1. I had never played BG1 when playing BG2 etc.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Top 3 Wishlist :

1. Do away with console style targeting and attack system. I want to aim my blaster with my mouse and roll away from a grenade.

2. Environment interaction : I want to be able to jump, and not be defeated by a 10 centimetre obstacle. I want to be able to climb.

3. Space battles in the c.ockpit of the 'Ebon Hawk', not an uninteresting turret minigame.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

QUOTE:

Top 3 Wishlist :

1. Do away with console style targeting and attack system. I want to aim my blaster with my mouse and roll away from a grenade.

2. Environment interaction : I want to be able to jump, and not be defeated by a 10 centimetre obstacle. I want to be able to climb.

3. Space battles in the c.ockpit of the 'Ebon Hawk', not an uninteresting turret minigame.

because that would be more of a shooter than a RPG which is what K1 and 2 were.

Edited by darth uh forgot my name

Just like there were people who saw ROTJ but never saw ANH or ESB? Heshootshescores!

Tough crowd! I realizes the past games are fun and all but I would like to move on. Forget the last two games. Lets just go for new stuff, new faces and new chars.

Tough crowd! I realizes the past games are fun and all but I would like to move on. Forget the last two games. Lets just go for new stuff, new faces and new chars.

From a certain perspective, you do have a valid point. What Revan and the Exile did in the Unknown Regions can remain a mystery... Heck, KOTOR III can span anywhere from 3950 BBY to 19 BBY (since I would assume K3 will happen after K2)

If K3 is in the near future after the events of K2, I wouldn't mind seeing Bao-Dur as a possible party member since his future was undecided and it's doubtful he died in K2

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Guest The Architect

From a certain perspective, you do have a valid point. What Revan and the Exile did in the Unknown Regions can remain a mystery... Heck, KOTOR III can span anywhere from 3950 BBY to 19 BBY (since I would assume K3 will happen after K2)

If K3 is in the near future after the events of K2, I wouldn't mind seeing Bao-Dur as a possible party member since his future was undecided and it's doubtful he died in K2.

Since I can

Edited by The Architect

Common sense agrees with him :unsure:

Well it would be logical for it to have something to do with Revan and The Exile since Revan is Revan, and The Exile cleaned up some of his/er mess.

It's a law of sorts that the Light side ending is cannon. So yes the Jedi order would be rebuilding.... I feel ill....

Canon doesn't matter. If the PC is POWERFUL there would be a reason for it. Bastila is powerful, so it's possible some other force sensitive that is "strong in the Force" slipped under the radar, more so since there are so few Jedi... Even if The Order is rebuilding there are parts of the era that are untouched in Kotor 1 and 2. I don't think it would be necessary for the main character to have had a past that involved Revan or Exile, that is to say served under either. Nor do I think some freakish immunity to the powers of the enemy would be a good idea (The Exiles wound countering Nihilus)

I would like to see more of the blurring of Black Sith and White Jedi that is seen in both Kotors. Also in other parts of the universe, like that Padawan massacre on Taris, the sort of thing that shows how evil the Jedi can be. I like secret organizations, I doubt it would be anything like the Illuminati, but there is potential there. Espionage elitism and social engineering to build a new Golden Age (not true historical french revolution Illuminati...eh you know what I mean) Factions within factions, the choice to play sides against each other, and not just for the end of securing the future of the Republic or becoming The Sith Emperor.... though that would be nice.

I've already said elsewhere how much I like space stations, and why. There is so much opportunity in the Outer Rim, that I don't think Coroscant is a must. But sure, if only for the nightlife... and the killing of Senators, and Jedi.

My proverbial 2 Credits.... Very small value 2 Credits, you can't even pay off gambling debts for that, let alone buy a Twi'lek. Ooo that reminds me. If there is a choice for a nonhuman PC wouldn't it screw with how aliens call humans "weak, and puny"?

My first post in this topic. :unsure: :tongue:

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

QUOTE:

Top 3 Wishlist :

because that would be more of a shooter than a RPG which is what K1 and 2 were.

I must say that you seem to be looking for the wrong sequel. Perhaps you should be rooting for another Jedi Knight/Academy/Outcast game?

I want the gameplay to be what it's been so far, only a deep story as it was in KOTOR 2. And Yes I enjoy not being told everything like in KOTOR 2, I didn't really like everything handed to me on a silver platter, like in KOTOR 1.

for the record: jumping just a bit at least, would be nice :thumbsup:

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

I'm slowly beginning to think that we'll hear about K3 around the release date of Force Unleashed. If we don't hear anything (definitive), then I think we can forget about K3...

DAWUSS

kotor 3 will need a construction set like in nwn2 and oblivion so users can make there own quests, planets, etc.

Modding tools would be a big plus. :yes:

well, apparently, Force Unleashed is going to have multiple ending possibilities, including "non-canonical" ones so I really see no harm

in future SW games (especially RPGs) having toolsets on par with NWNs, Morrowind, etc. LA has had a history of being mod shy but

I'd like to see K3 with a complete toolset.

KOTOR, like TES, should be moddable but strictly single player. There are plenty of games that are released primary for the multiplayer aspect

and the single player campaign suffers as a result. KOTOR should be strictly single player.

Heh, depending how far ahead of K2 it is... there could be a quest to find Mandalore's walking stick.

I'd really like a new main character, not one already trained in the Force, perhaps one who is around 20 years of age called See Groundrunner. Jedi Master Bao Dur could sense his abilities and offer to train him! Then we could find out Revan is his father's brother's nephew's cousin's former room mate and See could get his foot cut off and replaced with an android one!

Sorry... sorry... i would like to see a fresh lead character however, not one who's been memory wiped or forgotten the Force. A character who has never tasted the Force and to whom it's all new. Instead of already being famous or powerful, just being a slave or a worker or farmer's child.

Instead of already being famous or powerful, just being a slave or a worker or farmer's child

Like Anakin or Luke Skywalker, that's also been done before isn't it.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Who we're going to be should depend on our theater of play

DAWUSS

The Exile was rather average as a Jedi, remember the holo-conversation between Vrook and Vandar on Dantooine.

Luke and Anakin are rather bad examples, as those two were pretty much the wonderkids of the Jedi. As powerful as anyone, with much less time to learn all that stuff.

When it comes to being special, those two are on top. Having your character starting as a grown up and becoming very powerful in a short amount of time gives you exactly what you don't want.