NWN2: Forumite Impressions

Dark_Raven

CE ≠ Chaotic Stupid.

Agreed. Most mass murderers and serieal killers were very intelligent and cunning.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Patch 1.04 decreased performance (particularly in the city) for me.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Force killing action does not mean killing rampages. I force-killed in BG but I *never* went on a chaotic rampage. Compared to the way you acn roleplay a thief in BG, the later games suck - and IE games weren't that good at thieves anyway. Choosing to rob someone is not a chaotic evil, or an insane / nonsensical act. Sometimes entire quests could be bypassed by killing the quest-giver and taking the item; this can sometimes be justified by even non-evil characters, as necessary for the greater good. Force-killing is extremely useful and is in noway the same as insane killings. I know I played Fallout many times and force-killed, but never went on a 'rampage' and destroyed a town.

Each time I play Fallout I just have this undeniable urge to destroy Shady Sands. I just do. I can't explain it. :sorcerer:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Patch 1.04 decreased performance (particularly in the city) for me.

I noticed a slow down in West Harbor during the fair. I had that before but it seems worse now ever since installing the 1.03 and 1.04 patches.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Each time I play Fallout I just have this undeniable urge to destroy Shady Sands. I just do. I can't explain it. :dancing:

How far can you get in Fallout by killing every living thing that moves? And that's before completing quests and stuff.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

CE ≠ Chaotic Stupid.

Ugh. Yeah, this is my problem with all NWN2's evil dialogue options. They aren't any interesting or intelligent kind of evil. Most of them are a "petulant eight year old" sort of evil. Which is especially sad given that KotOR II's portrayals of evil were so incredibly good. I think NWN2's treatment of evil is, quite amazingly, the worst portrayal of evil I have ever encountered in an RPG.

If I never read another line of dialogue beginning "I could care less...", it'll be too soon. Yes, all too often the PC's evil dialogue options in NWN2 cross over from "petulant eight year old" into "petulant eight year old with exceedingly bad grammar". Lord Petulant Eight Year Old to the rescue!

I don't demand that all evil be evil genius. I can deal with evil insanity, done right, even when it isn't an intelligent madness. Chaotic Evil which isn't so much unprincipled as it is just wildly, whimsically impulsive. The Xaositects of PS:T being the obvious example. I can deal with egotistical evil, even when it isn't an egotism justified by intelligence. I can even deal with evil for evil's sake, if there's a relevant backstory (worship of a god of evil, or in the case of Star Wars, pursuit of a force of spiritual evil).

That the PC's evil dialogue was done so badly in NWN2 is all the more inexcusable given how little work it would take to make it less terrible. It isn't even voiced! How much harder would it have been to fix up a few hundred lines with something that wouldn't be shouted down as garbage by your average teenage harry potter fanfic blogger?

Probably, however you can do a pretty good job being Chaotic Neutral. :D

Imps EVERYWHERE!

However it is a bit much when you have a +32 to Diplomacy.

Each time I play Fallout I just have this undeniable urge to destroy Shady Sands. I just do. I can't explain it. :dancing:

How far can you get in Fallout by killing every living thing that moves? And that's before completing quests and stuff.

You can beat the game.

I played the game as a character who's vocabulary consisted of "Wubba."

Outside of maybe Shady Sands, it's not too hard to start huge wars. IIRC, Killian gets pissed at you simply for talking like an idiot. By the time I made it to Hub, my character had been reinforced that shooting people was fun, and it didn't take much for him to start attacking people. Especially once he got going.

Around 1.03 beta days I managed to play MP for a bit on the OC; it all went fine for a while until I crashed. No worries, I came back into the game, only to find that I was controlling my friend's character, not mine - and the said character was in 2 places at once. My movement orders inside the house wouuld make her incarnation outside move, and so forth. Added to that a few tendencies to crash, and it just wasn't really very fun.

Around 1.03 beta days I managed to play MP for a bit on the OC; it all went fine for a while until I crashed. No worries, I came back into the game, only to find that I was controlling my friend's character, not mine - and the said character was in 2 places at once. My movement orders inside the house wouuld make her incarnation outside move, and so forth. Added to that a few tendencies to crash, and it just wasn't really very fun.

It is very similar to the problems I had with NWN1 at around 1.11 patch. Only that after I came back after crash I controlled one of NPCs.

You can beat the game.

I played the game as a character who's vocabulary consisted of "Wubba."

Outside of maybe Shady Sands, it's not too hard to start huge wars. IIRC, Killian gets pissed at you simply for talking like an idiot. By the time I made it to Hub, my character had been reinforced that shooting people was fun, and it didn't take much for him to start attacking people. Especially once he got going.

I meant not trying to even talk to people or do quests. Just shoot on sight whatever moves.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I'm sure it's possible, because most of the stuff you need would drop from their corpse. Besides which, the FO main quests always have shortcuts.

Yeah and we can't join any other server anyway; it gives a module error.

Do you have the PWC downloaded and installed?