Better watch out, punk, or I'm gonna have to blow you away

Come on and grab your ammo

What have you got to lose?

We'll all get liquored up

And shoot at anything that moves

Got a brand new semi-automatic weapon with a laser sight

Oh, I'm prayin' somebody tries to break in here tonight

I always keep a Magnum in my trunk

You better ask yourself, do you feel lucky, punk?

Because I'm trigger happy, trigger happy every day

(Oh yeah, I'm)trigger, trigger happy

Yes I'm trigger, trigger happy

(Oh baby, I'm)trigger, trigger happy

(Oh I'm so)trigger, trigger happy

Better watch out, punk, or I'm gonna have to blow you away

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Firing big guns are fun. When I was in the Navy I fired a .50 cal machine gun. That will rip a man in half.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I think so. Of course the closest I have been at shooting at a person was when an small rowboat was spying on my ship in the Gulf. Taking pictures and the such. The captain told the gunner crew to shoot the five inch cannon at him. HA! That was fun. The guy dove out of his boat and swam like hell when we fired.

Of course with such a small target we did miss but I think we got our point across.

Just think, they wanted me to be a nuclear engineer on a submarine carrying nuclear missiles. :aiee:

I want BAR too ;)

Just think, they wanted me to be a nuclear engineer on a submarine carrying nuclear missiles.  :aiee:

:blink:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Personally I couldn't believe I scored so high on that entrance test, but I thought it best not to be on a ship that purposely sinks.

Yes, I annihilated a couple of bowling pins and an old computer monitor in my back pasture. It burned up fifty rounds pretty quickly. I'll shoot it more when the crate of cheaper ammo gets here.

Whats the recoil like? Kicks like a mule?

It's kind of interesting, actually. It's an open-bolt rifle and the bolt is so heavy that when it slams forward the whole weapon actually sort of pops forward before the explosion of the next round drives it back again, so it actually recoils in both directions. It doesn't kick hard but it sort of "chugs" like a jackhammer, and if you don't hold on to it tight it'll pull away from you and you won't hit a thing.

Yes, I annihilated a couple of bowling pins and an old computer monitor in my back pasture. It burned up fifty rounds pretty quickly. I'll shoot it more when the crate of cheaper ammo gets here.

Whats the recoil like? Kicks like a mule?

It's kind of interesting, actually. It's an open-bolt rifle and the bolt is so heavy that when it slams forward the whole weapon actually sort of pops forward before the explosion of the next round drives it back again, so it actually recoils in both directions. It doesn't kick hard but it sort of "chugs" like a jackhammer, and if you don't hold on to it tight it'll pull away from you and you won't hit a thing.

Yes but... Can it cut a man in half?

:shifty:

Awesome looking gun. I'd like to get a M3A1 Grease Gun simply because my Grandfather used one in Korea. Total peice of junk though. He said he had a friend who shot himself in the foot by accident while trying to unjam one. ;)

The BAR is certainly a heavy sucker at over 19 lbs. Is yours an accurate reproduction or does it have any bells & whistles to help it 'perform' better than a period BAR?

I've read that thanks to the BAR's weight and length a lot of the force was absorbed by the weapon lowering the kick back.

Oh, and does it have a 'slow and fast' setting and what mode do you use for garbage extermination? :mellow:

Right now there's a small war being fought outside my window .. although they are only using small explosives (big fireworks) .. I wish I had that BAR - I would show them how a true streetwar is fought!!

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm pretty sure history predates rifles.

Not all of it.

Is yours an accurate reproduction or does it have any bells & whistles to help it 'perform' better than a period BAR?

Who said it was a reproduction? This is a real, albiet late, period BAR. Later versions with the fiberglass stock and carrying handle like this one were produced after the start of the war by the New England Small Arms Corp and by IBM; other BARs that were made before the war were produced by Colt and Winchester. This one could have seen the end of the war and Korea.

I've read that thanks to the BAR's weight and length a lot of the force was absorbed by the weapon lowering the kick back.

This is true, not just for the BAR but for all firearms. More weight = less recoil. (Blame Newton.) Although, like I said above, it does tend to rattle a bit.

Oh, and does it have a 'slow and fast' setting and what mode do you use for garbage extermination?  ;)

Yes. There's no semi-auto setting on this weapon, just slow (350 rounds per minute) and fast (500 rounds per minute). I actually haven't tried fast yet.