Splinter Cell games

kormesios

I was looking for it. I do seem to have character shadows (I noticed them in the security room upstairs in the police station of tblisi (the demo level. My goodness I must have played that one 100 times)

EDIT: Man, this game is still crazy fun. Though I find myself trying to get myself out of tight situations like in Chaos Theory, where Sam has a plethora of close combat moves to incapacitate enemies. Not so in the first two.

But the story is still a gooder as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by alanschu

You mean at the very beginning? I'll check.

EDIT:

It's inconsistent. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I don't know if it's a bug, or if it's just the way the game was designed. I noticed shadows on the roof when I was crawling along the pipe over some fire, and along the wall in one of the stairwells. Not too often at my feet however.

EDIT2:

Unfortunately, my game seems to explode on the oil rig. Forces a reboot of my computer when watching the cutscene of the technician :p

Edited by alanschu

I have loved each and every single one of the Splinter Cell games.  Double Agent (even on teh PC Bokishi....I guess I'm just lucky again because I never had any real issues with bugs in it, though I know they exist.  The only one I had was fixed by using AMD's dual core optimizer to help with the timing of dual core chips).

The only disappointment I had in the series was that Double Agent didn't continue the trend of every successive game being better than the previous one.  I think it was a bit of a step down from Chaos Theory (which I loved immensely....I actually missed Sam's chatter with Grimsdotter.  Given what happens in DA, I bet he would have loved to have had a chat with Grimsdotter again), but the idea behind the game was promising.  The story was still pretty solid IMO.

I haven't played DA yet, but I agree with Jimmy about the first three.

I'd play them in order. I haven't finished Chaos Theory yet, though, as the graphics demand was giving my laptop conniptions. :lol:

Yeah, I played it on my laptop, its a bit of a system hog.

In the first and second one, it felt like there was really only one pretermined by devs way to pass an obstacle. Chaos Theory on the other hand, was pure bliss.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I haven't said anything in this thread yet, which is surprising since I really enjoyed the first three Splinter Cell games (haven't played DA). I played them on the X-Box, not PC, if that makes any difference.

It's sad that there weren't more Metal Gear Solid ports from PS2 to the X-Box (there's only one that I know of, MGS2-Substance). Splinter Cell, however, helped fill the void for me. You can play Splinter Cell your own way too. Getting the job done really stealthy, taking out each enemy guard by close-quarters throat-slitting, or you can just load up on lethal ammo and blow away anything that moves (although, some levels reprimand you for not being stealthy).

The stories aren't too bad in any of the games. They are usually action-packed and somewhat political in premise. They also have some role-playing decisions, and maybe some plot twists.

When it first came out, Splinter Cell's graphics made my jaw drop, and they are still pretty decent now.

Overall, a good bargain-bin purchase.

I'd post pics but the forums are really slow for me :-

EDIT:

I finally got them up!

This guy thought he heard me:

I had to convince him otherwise:

Sure is dark here:

Ah, much better:

I see you!

STupid steam:

Interesting what lies beneath it!

Edited by alanschu

2 down, 2 to go.

Sam back to his old tricks:

Nothing like a day on the job:

Sam should ask for a raise

Yikes!

A signet ninja, scoping the place out

Few things are as unnerving as trying to sneak past a group of soliders working on their target practice!

Sam is convincing this man to help him out!

Someone has a fever!

I found a bargain bin copy of Pandora Tomorrow a few days ago, and loaded it up. It's definitely fun, although the dialogue is eye-rollingly bad. Thankfully there are only a few lines of it per mission. And I'm not sold that a black suit with night goggles is the best way to infilitrate a commercial train. A pair of jeans and a t-shirt might work better, no?

But since the supid outfit meant he couldn't let anyone see him, he was forced to climb outside and *underneath* the train. Which was way cool and made up for it all.. Alanschu's already posted screenshots just above. :D

Dude, he needed the suit or else he'd be damn cold on top of that train!

Though seriously, didn't he quickly head there after a mission from the Osprey?  Grimsdottir may not have had the foresight to pack the jeans and t-shirt :)

I just played it last night, and still can't remember for sure, But I think it was like a 3-day gap.

But you may still be on to something. That suit is probably Fisher's normal leisure clothing. When he packs for travel, he must throw a week's supply of them in a suitcase. He wouldn't be able to come up with civvy clothes on short notice, anymore than I'd be able to come up with a wetsuit. :ph34r:

I have the first three. The first one was great. Second one was not too much of an improvement for single-player. To the point I almost regretted getting it. The multiplayer was awesome, though. Chaos Theory was the best I played. I'm holding off on Double Agent because I hear it's not too great an improvement. I'll probably still end up getting it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The thing is, I don't expect all of my games to have to improve on each other. I wouldn't say that Double Agent is an improvement on Chao Theory, but Chaos Theory was a fantastic experience. So Double Agent was relegated to a great experience.