Why wii? why have thou done this to me?

ramza

"Have you seen a person who's tennis racquet is flying out of one's hand? If it does, it could hurt someone, then tennis racquet manufacturer pays the damages?

I'm with mkreku on that one.

Just take some damn responsibility."

The tennis racket didn't snap. The snap here snapped. That's shoddy design. Period.

Let's talk about 'taking some damn responsibility'. Why doesn't Nintendo take repsonsibility by covering any damage their soddy works does? Heck, they already admitted its their fault due to the fact bthey have agreed to pay/replace the bands which means they know theys crewed up.

I say Nintendo should stand up, and take responsibility for their shoddy work.

Period.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Simple solution... add that rubber stuff that they have no "No Slip" Pencils or on the back of some Control pads to the wii remote. That should stop the slipping out of peoples hands.

And yes, Nintendo is probably liable, but unless it is a class action lawsuit that chances of getting the Giant to pay up are slim.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "Americans being unable to take responsibility for their actions."

If you buy a car, drive it home and the breaks fail causing you to hit someone else's car, then the dealership is responsible for selling you a faulty product.

If you Buy a Faulty Video card that fries your motherboard after you install it... then the manufacturer is liable.

I just want to know who thought making a sleek product that had the user vigerously making stabbing or slashing motions at their TV was a good idea to begin with?

If you buy a car, drive it home and the breaks fail causing you to hit someone else's car, then the dealership is responsible for selling you a faulty product.

I agree. Especially if you drive it at 60 mph as recommended. But what happens if you drive it in 180 mph and the brakes catch fire because they were not designed for such high speeds? Is the car dealership still responsible for selling you a faulty product?

Remember that Nintendo advises users to use small movements. These persons obviously did not. The strap is there to prevent you from dropping it when you're doing normal movements. It's not supposed to be able to withstand anything stupid users can think of to strain it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I really have no idea how the people in these videos manage to throw the Wiimotes out of their hands if they are making any attempt to hold on. I've been playing Wii Sports non stop since launch day, and I've never had any problem with it slipping. For people that have a massive sweat gland malfunction, Nintendo and third parties make rubber gloves for the controllers to improve grip. And as for the strap, I tested the straps on my Wiimotes, and they all were strong enough to withstand some very healthy tugs. The force needed to rip them has to be very large.

Period. (apparently typing this makes me more credible...) Period, Period, Period.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

Can you imagine what it's going to be like at New Years? Drunken gamers playing Wii. If sober gamers can't seem to hold on to the wii-mote what will happen when you get some alcohol into them? :brows:

Friends don't let friends drink and play Wii...

If someone posted this, I missed it...

http://wiihaveaproblem.com/

Having played Wii at E3 and now over a friend's house, I feel much better about my 360 purchase.

At E3 you said you didn't find the controller to be responsive. What happened at your friend's house?

It depends on the game. Redsteel still seems very unresponsive, but that game sucks overall.

I didn't enjoy Zelda or Wii Sports, and still thought it was a tad inaccurate.

I really have no idea how the people in these videos manage to throw the Wiimotes out of their hands if they are making any attempt to hold on.  I've been playing Wii Sports non stop since launch day, and I've never had any problem with it slipping.  For people that have a massive sweat gland malfunction, Nintendo and third parties make rubber gloves for the controllers to improve grip.  And as for the strap, I tested the straps on my Wiimotes, and they all were strong enough to withstand some very healthy tugs.  The force needed to rip them has to be very large.

Period. (apparently typing this makes me more credible...) Period, Period, Period.

I know three people who managed to break their straps. It seems like there were some manufacturer problems.

If your looking for one word that by typing will make you more credible it is:

"Bethesda"

"Firaxis"

"Bungie"

"Eidos"

"Rockstar"

"Midway"

"Capcom"

"Valve"

"Bullfrog"

"Interplay" Or Even "Bioware"

"Period" just makes you sound like a girl, but it truly does bring to mind images of playing vigorous sports.

(Sorry, I couldn't help it, I'm not picking on you to be vindictive, spiteful or mean, you just left yourself wide open there.)

:)

I wuvs Obsidian, honest :(:brows:

I was just looking for as many companies that had one word names, or at least commonly used one word names.

It's harder than you think.

"Eidos" is technically Eidos Interactive for example.

I was going to put "Square" but it's technically "Square-Enix" now and I didn't think hyphenated names would count.

Bah, i found it funny.

:ph34r: :) <_< :):brows::(:lol:;)

Edit: Nothing wrong with Eidos, They did The Legacy of Kain and Tomb Raider Series (Which were good up until a few years ago when Eidos began making some seriously poor decisions... Angel of Darkness and LoK:Defiance... what the hell was that all about...)

Interplay was a Developer as well as a Publisher.

And OK, Bethesda have not made a decent Game for about 10 years now.

Find it interesting no one has disputed Capcom or Midway yet. :ermm:

OK Perhaps not Capcom... Mega Man, Street Fighter, Resident Evil just to name a few.

All Midway had any serious success with was Mortal Kombat, but what an impact that had.

Edited by Mortis Nai

Except for the fact when you said 'like a girl' it was obviously in a condescending tone much like 'you hit like a girl' or 'you scream like a girl'.

R00fles! :crazy:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Except for the fact when you said 'like a girl' it was obviously in a condescending tone much like 'you hit like a girl' or 'you scream like a girl'.

R00fles! :crazy:

Google "misogynistic."

I was agreeing with you, it is a sexist comment yes.

I was saying in essence "I never said I was not a sexist pig" which was technically meant more as a slight against the political correct society we live in, where everyone has to be loving and tolerant of everything and everyone, rather than an actual slight against women.

Nevermind... that's social philosophy and morality which is vastly off topic for wii controllers.

Edited by Mortis Nai

This reminds me of the new vacuumcleaner that we bought for our house. On the back of the manual, it was written with a large bold font: "DO NOT TRY TO VACUUM FIRE". I never understood the need of putting it there.

I do now.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I have seen people use a vacuum cleaner to clean out the coal or wood ash from an open fireplace before, they "Made sure it was cold" first but I still thought it was a bad idea... you just never know if there is going to be a small but very very hot lump somewhere underneath all that ash.

People can and will do stupid things.