Too much influence?

Hey, it's about the..third time I thnk? That I've gone through this game. Is it possible to max out on influence on someone? Because I have this nifty little influence guide that I'm using on this run through, and I'm going through certain situations to get higher influence with certain characters in order to learn their backstory.

Now, characters that I have a high influence with ALREADY aren't getting influence after a while, even though in past games they have at that certain point (although in past games I didn't have as much influence with them before encountering these situations.) Is it possible to max out on influence? And if not, then why am I not getting influence points with them on this run through when I did before?

Thanks.

Hey, it's about the..third time I thnk? That I've gone through this game.  Is it possible to max out on influence on someone? Because I have this nifty little influence guide that I'm using on this run through, and I'm going through certain situations to get higher influence with certain characters in order to learn their backstory. 

Now, characters that I have a high influence with ALREADY aren't getting influence after a while, even though in past games they have at that certain point (although in past games I didn't have as much influence with them before encountering these situations.)  Is it possible to max out on influence? And if not, then why am I not getting influence points with them on this run through when I did before?

Thanks.

i think you can max out on influence, i'm noticing the same thing

Different gender with Exile character for each game? Could also be that gaining influence after converting characters to Jedi might only be possible when party characters are at certain locations of planets. If you have option to convert characters like Atton and Mira to Jedi, influence gained would already be around 3-4 times or so. One character that it is easy to gain influence with would be Kreia, with only difficulty being how having to do certain things might affect your character's alignment. Funny thing is that there were quite a few dialogue lines for characters that did not require influence after some of them became Jedi. Like Bao-Dur's story about how he and Exile were involved in crushing many Jedi and Mandalorians in battle.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Influence guide ? (w00t)

Wanna have ! :D

I think I didn't needed much influence to turn people ... Bao-Dur had only a single influence gain, I think, and still I could turn him to Jedi (the very moment I saw him last time, amusingly - I couldn't even access his levelup screen anymore ! But he became guardian anyway which was a very stupid choice for him).

Yes, there's a max influence. I dont' remember the exact number but it's somewhere around 7-8 times, I think. After that you won't gain any influence for those situations, until you lose some first. This was so people without walkthroughs would have a decent oppurtunity to gain influence needed, by random discovery.

Gecon, Bao-Dur needs as much as the rest of the NPC's - except he might get a bigger boost per event, perhaps, so yeah, I think he only needs 3 influences for Jedi vs. some who need 4 or 5? Been a long time. Beyond that you must have influenced him and not realized it. Bao has very few dialogue-only influence oppurtunties and has to be in your party during certain events etc. to get a reaction.

Unlike Disciple who you can completely influence by chat as soon as you meet him. :thumbsup:

Edit: tried to clarify my memory a bit...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hmm ok then I really must have forgotten it.

I didn't had Bao-Dur much in my party, actually. Only when I needed someone with skills...

Nevertheless, its stupid to turn him into Jedi. If he would become a Sentinel, ok. But a guardian ??? Pfft. His skills where his big advantage !

Edited by Gecon

Nah, I always play female chars. But I've noticed with Atton, Kreia, and T3 that you no longer get influence with them after a while if you've been making good progress on their influences. (I actually have such a high influence with T3 that he came blurping down the tunnel in Korriban to save me from the fake Kreia! Awesome!)

And since I have this nifty influence guide, I of course made influence with everyone in my group as much as I could right in the beginning. I guess there's got to be a max, but thanks for telling me there is anyway, so I don't think I'm going crazy :lol:

wish i knew how to infulence mandalore, i usally don't use him in my party but i'd figured i'd go dark side sith lord for fun this time. and play with the evil characters and what about go-to? :crazy:

Jedi Master Altena Windwalker

Pub 9 Elder Jedi, Star Wars Galaxies: Nurf of the Jedi

"We are oft to blame in this--'tis too much proved. --that with devotion's visage and pious action...we do suger o'er the devil himself. " - V

"Spelling errors in my post, oh noes! I'm Japanese and English is not primery language plus I'm dyslexic.

believe it or not, you can get a lightside point off Goto and get influence.

Majority is mercenary styled answers and you will get a lot of influence with GOTO.

Before you get GOTO, find as many droids as possible and when you get GOTO you can ask him about those Droids. It is key for his back story.

each charector has a diffrent method of gaining influence

some charectors like Disciple you can gain enogh influence to Jedi just by talking to him.

others like Boa Dur and Mandolore you must bring with you to gain influence.

In the atmosperic sensor quest you need a good awarnes or something to be able to triger the incriminating evidence quest.

in the cave the sensors are in, if you meet the requirments, you can gain influnce by conferming Bao suspisions and having him examine the sensors.

it is also works if you lose enough influence with your party members the downside is that they will gain negitive allignment points to you

Bao CAN'T be done this way because his allinmate must be the SAME AS YOURS to Jedi him

also a jedi master or sith lords special power may increase the amount of influence gained and lost with party members

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

I think there is a influence limit--about 100. The NPC comes with 50, defaultly. But Visas is an exception--Comes with high influence if you let them to live.

csicoruscantek4.jpgcsinarshaddaale5.jpg

| RP Fic: Knightfall | RP: Knightfall: The duel between Light and Dark |

Savoir, conqueror, hero, villian...You're all those things...--Emperor Skywalker to CSI, redeemed Darth Nihilus.

Gaining influence with Mira is mostly speaking to her on Nar Shaddaa. And then there is another situation to speak to her on EH where PC gets dialogue option to show her something outside of ship, before going to area where Kreia originally shows Exile area to learn something else about the Force. Mostly on Nar Shaddaa, before she is turned into a Jedi.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I think there is a max, because it is incredibly easy to get infulence for T3-M4, and I think I'm beyond the point, no matter what nice stuff I say to him, instead of getting infulence increase, I just get lightside points.

Are you having any problems with the characters due to this? Its a shame in KotOR2 that not much of the characters have an indepth story, the main stuff they are there is jedify them basically, shame there isnt the same character quests like in KotOR1.