Baldurs Gate 2 BGT+BP Megamod

roshan

I haven't played it, but from just looking over what it is seems like they have mashed together a whole bunch of other mods and made them all play nice. Just judging by who has been working on it I'd say it's probably very well done. The few mods that I've played from the modders over at Spellhold have all be very good.

Doesn't look like it's amazingly easy to install judging by the instructions here but that's kinda to be expected considering you are really installing nearly a dozen mods.

The only thing that makes me hesitate is that it includes the TeamBG mods as part of the package. I know that The Darkest Day was a buggy piece of crap when it first came out, but I haven't followed it's development so I don't know what kind of bug squashing has gone on since then.

I am quite sure that it must have been altered quite a bit, at the very least. Some sort of program called WEIDU has been created that allows BG mods to add new things to existing files instead of overwriting them thats why all these mods are compatible with each other. A lot of mods were rewritten after this, and thus I assume that the new TOTSC and TDD are very different from the original releases. TOTSC is now only 20 mb! I am quite sure that the original was a lot larger than this.

I am now downloading the mods. Unfortunately my copies of BG, BG2 and TOB are in another country. Hopefully I can pick up some sort of DVD rerelease at the local shops, if there is one available.

I haven't played BG with any mods yet, so am very interested. But I am rubbish at installing things like mods.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yesterday I finished BG2 (from Candlekeep :D) with those mods/patches:

* Baldur's Gate II 2.5.26499 beta;

* Trilogy/WeiDU 1.01 (last version: 1.02) with Baldur's Gate 1.3.5521;

* Dark Side of the Sword Coast/WeiDU 1.85;

* Ascension/WeiDU 1.4.21;

* Worldmap/WeiDU 6.3;

* Level 50;

* Grand Mastery profency;

* Bonus merchants;

* Original Cloak of Mirroring.

There's no great bug and you can switch from one BG (BG1 or BG2) to the other using the console code

CLUAConsole: MoveToArea('area_code')

Using a BG1 area code (ie: AR7300) you move the party to BG1 and using a BG2 area code (ie: AR0300) you move the party to BG2. :)

Edited by DKDIB

Relatively unsafe and oh-so-comfortable?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Messier but more intimate?

In all seriousness, BGtutu has been pretty smooth for me (there are a few crash spots outside Bereghost, nothing major) and having played through BG2 first and missing the extra classes and kits in BG, BGtutu is the game I always wanted to play.

Does anybody know how to get a BG intra-party dialogue mod to work in Tutu?

Edited by Pop

Messier but more intimate?

In all seriousness, BGtutu has been pretty smooth for me (there are a few crash spots outside Bereghost, nothing major) and having played through BG2 first and missing the extra classes and kits in BG, BGtutu is the game I always wanted to play.

Does anybody know how to get a BG intra-party dialogue mod to work in Tutu?

The BG1 banter pack has been designed specifically for TUTU. Just run the installer like any other WEIDU mod.