Community Resources

LadyCrimson

I'm in Facebook as well.

Just search for "Jaakko Hukka".

Hahah, I'd be so bummed if I was from a more central country and did this.

Sorry, what the heck is Jaakko Hukka in central countires if you don't mind the question.

Edited by Tigranes
Bad language

Twitter | @Insevin

Jaakko Hukka is a great many things. A friend, an enemy, a mother, a father, a savior, and a saint. He's the little boy down the street playing baseball who just knows he's going to make it in the big leagues, and make his father proud. Jaakko Hukka is the business woman who's going to make her way to the top, and there ain't no man gonna stop her. Some say there's a little bit of Jaakko Hukka inside of all of us. So the real question is, what isn't Jaakko Hukka?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Jaakko Hukka is a great many things. A friend, an enemy, a mother, a father, a savior, and a saint. He's the little boy down the street playing baseball who just knows he's going to make it in the big leagues, and make his father proud. Jaakko Hukka is the business woman who's going to make her way to the top, and there ain't no man gonna stop her. Some say there's a little bit of Jaakko Hukka inside of all of us. So the real question is, what isn't Jaakko Hukka?

Thank you! :thumbsup: I dunno whats not, then. Where did this term derive from? Latin?

Twitter | @Insevin

Thread pruned. Taking a leaf from kindergarten teachers all around the world, I may as well point out that throwing around insulting terms and questioning others' basic intelligence is, regardless of their validity, somewhat detrimental to the atmosphere. If you are pissed off with a member, PM a moderator. If you are astounded by another member's stupidity, use the ignore function. If you are just really, really angry, ice cream is a nice remedy.

I'm on Facebook by the way. Search for Sun-ha Hong, then I'll be the only guy on the search results.

Yeah, my parents had a shot of parkinson's when they named me.

I'm not on Facebook. I refuse to participate in anything with such explosively lax privacy controls.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yeah, I remember you havign aproblem with it, or something. It was pretty silly though, if I recall.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yeah, I'm a living, breathing calque!

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeah, I remember you havign aproblem with it, or something. It was pretty silly though, if I recall.

Yeees. Nothing quite like signing away all past and future rights to privacy, to a foreign corporation.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yeah, but wasn't it just the information on Facebook? It wouldn't be able to get information not on Facebook.

Wals: the only details I have on there are my name, birthday, gender, where I go to school. Frankly, that's a level of info I give away to just about everyone - but no photos or whatever, no sir.

But then, hey, I don't actually use my facebook. I just accept the friend requests and go dumb.

Wals: the only details I have on there are my name, birthday, gender, where I go to school. Frankly, that's a level of info I give away to just about everyone - but no photos or whatever, no sir.

But then, hey, I don't actually use my facebook. I just accept the friend requests and go dumb.

Let's see...with this info ( in the US ) I could gain your home address, social security number and probably your phone number. I could then dig through your rubbish and learn all kinds of interesting info. I could then call in your credit cards as stolen, change your utility ( electric/gas ) accounts to a different address ( with you paying for them ), and just for fun...change your phone number and place a password against your account to make it difficult to fix your account. Hell, I could register you as a Republican!

I have done all these things simply for my amusement because someone pissed me off. Imagine if someone actually wanted to do you real harm.

Don't give out real info on the internet!

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

I could then dig through your rubbish and learn all kinds of interesting info.

Shedding and burning sensitive trash would help, but someone could still do some social engineering and get information before you picked it up (id est take mail directly from your postal box).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I both shred and burn. I kinda like both my privacy and fire. :shifty:

Years ago ( '70's ) I hacked a federal site I had no business hacking. I was so scared afterwards I burned the printouts and then flushed the ashes down the toilet. Target missle sites. Oh S :x T!

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

tarna: Fair enough, and I am aware, but at the moment I'm working on the fact that I have a personal grudge with nobody at all and I'm fairly off the radar, living in New Zealand and still just a university student.

I plan to step it up in terms of taking care of the info I give out when I move to US/Canada/Europe or get a job.

I both shred and burn. I kinda like both my privacy and fire. :shifty:

As do I, and the ashes from each fire are mixed into a pulp.

Years ago ( '70's ) I hacked a federal site I had no business hacking. I was so scared afterwards I burned the printouts and then flushed the ashes down the toilet.

Heh, I would have probably done something similar... :x

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

• 1 month later...

Thread pruned...

Sheesh some people are hard of hearing.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

When someone recently wanted to use the OEgallery to load a few things, I noticed it's now taking forever to load pages most of the time. I haven't checked it in a good while, and I have no idea why it's behaving that way. Nothing else on my webserver has the same symptoms. I tried upgrading the program (meaning there might be some appearance mis-matches here and there until I re-do everything upgrading reverted) and other stuff but it's still doing it.

Anyway, just wanted to say I'm aware of it. But since I don't think anyone here considers this a priority these days :thumbsup: it'll either stay glacially slow-loading until it either "fixes itself" or I muster up the energy to install a better gallery ... with the former being a tad more likely .... :)

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Let's see...with this info ( in the US ) I could gain your home address, social security number and probably your phone number. I could then dig through your rubbish and learn all kinds of interesting info. I could then call in your credit cards as stolen, change your utility ( electric/gas ) accounts to a different address ( with you paying for them ), and just for fun...change your phone number and place a password against your account to make it difficult to fix your account. Hell, I could register you as a Republican!

If your profile is accessible to friends only this is not a problem. Er, unless you're friends... with republicans? No, that could never happen.

Edited by Tel Aviv

Lag is :down: The gallery doesn't like SW music does it?

I did consider the possibility that there's something about the sound files you loaded up that were causing the lag (title names or whatever), and I deleted the duplicated uploads from your laggy session (heh) but far as I can tell, there's no problem w/the files. It is a little odd that the lag appeared the day you were uploading tho.

I might try deleting your uploads and seeing what happens, but I really don't think that's the problem.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think I figured it out.

One of your custom thumbnails was a link to another site page - I deleted it, and the lag has gone away...at least it seems so for now.

Now I just need to fix all the little things that were reverted/changed when I upgraded the program.

Edited by LadyCrimson