NWN2 Content Discussion Thread

Lyric Suite

I love the fact that spells are no longer annoying to cast.

There are interface quirks (inventory, left-clicking to target teammates), but I don't mind the interface.

The radial menu was a neat idea, but I felt it was layered too deep that it made some things difficult to find and use quickly (like spells).

yeah, one layer would have sufficed IMO.

i've run into issues with something being targeted accidentally with this interface, like the last potion i looked at in inventory "why won't the damn spell cast???". i'm just not used to it yet. heck, i got used to the radial menu, a good indicator that anything is possible. :0

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Please a DEV looks into this, maybe it wasn't addressed yet. :)

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...07693&forum=109

and this

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...15145&forum=109

and this

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...15121&forum=109

and this?

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...14878&forum=109

Please try to fix these if needed.

(please don't hurt me I just wanna help ;))

IB1OsQq.png

Calivar and Elinee, yes.

Thanks. What class is Calivar? Would any of them get upset with an evil character?

Calivar is a paladin. But my guess is that he wouldn't care otherwise you would anger people who played evil characters.

Great, an uptight tin head like Anomen. :dancing:

Personally I didn't find him as bad as Anomen, but then there aren't as many lines that I noticed between the main PC and Casavir. I thought he had some good lines during some of the interjections with Bishop actually. :-"

That's good to hear. I haven't got that far to meet him yet.

Why do they always have to ruin romances with a do-gooder. They had Anomen, Carth, Disciple and now this guy. :aiee:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

i wouldn't really refer to casavir as a "do-gooder," at least not in the same sense as anomen was. anomen had serious, very serious, personal issues to deal with which resulted in overcompensation, and, whineyness of a sort. casavir is simply a lawful good paladin. at least, that's what i got from the short stint he had in my party. i've already trucked down the LG path far enough without his help. :dancing:

next run is neutral of sorts. maybe true neutral.

taks

Well, in the context of this game, Chaotic Evil certainly doesn't mean psychotic. I was Neutral Evil to start the game, and ended up Chaotic Evil, because of my disregard for law.

I also lied a lot. All those contributed to Chaotic points.

obeying.

same for me, btw. started CG and i just managed to choose all the "law" options. if any character in my game is a "do-gooder," it is me, not casavir. ugh. i sicken myself. :dancing:

taks

I decided to play it Planescape Torment style and started neutral... now I'm Neutral good and almost Lawful good :wacko:

I wonder what I'm doing wrong. :wacko:

It's good to be good, you can kill all the evil villains and loot them,

then go into the city and the people cheer you...evil is similar, except the cheer part. :ermm:

IB1OsQq.png

I decided to play it Planescape Torment style and started neutral... now I'm Neutral good and almost Lawful good :rolleyes:

I wonder what I'm doing wrong. :(

I am surprised. I thought you may have fallen towards Lawful Evil not Lawful Good.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

ok forget radial menus for a sec but you have to admit the new ui in general is pretty lame. the icons that show your buffs are too small and indistinguishable to tell just what buffs you have, you cant put combat modes in your quickslot and they are way off in the corner, the talk menu is massive and cant be resized, the right click is delayed and you can no longer left click or hover to get much of the same info. To me the the new ui is pretty bad.

soulthiefsig5fl0.jpg

ok forget radial menus for a sec but you have to admit the new ui in general is pretty lame. the icons that show your buffs are too small and indistinguishable to tell just what buffs you have,

I disagree. After getting familiar with them, I know what buffs I have. Plus you know what buffs party members have.

the right click is delayed

Only if you don't speed it up.