NWN2: Major disappointment - Character creation

Riftworm

Don't have high expectations and you will never be disappointed. :o

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Don't have high expectations and you will never be disappointed.  :o

being optimist isn't same with having high expectations, what i expected was:

Having a game atleast with the same possibilities as NWN (NOT), a better graph (NOT by chars), and it should know what the so named premiums and expansions did too (NOT, no horsies and such)

...if you think about it, hoping that a game knows atleast that much as its previous episode, isn't weird :huh:

IB1OsQq.png

How would they have implemented Horses? Can you explain in detail how you would have put horses into NWN2 without turning them into the crap that was Oblivion horses?

As for graphics, even the first poster, when he posted at the Bioboards, admits that the graphics of the characters are better besides the heads (Though what he means by this I am not sure, when thinking about the NWN1 heads).

Possibilities with what?

And there you go with 'game'. Even though the GAME hasn't been talked about yet. :o

all i can say is  :o

as long as the RP is good and the plot is ok, i dont care. oblivions char creation but empty world vs. nwn2's (potentially) awesome rp and somewhat limited char creation?

i know which one i prefer...

as i said Gamestar here has a copy. i also talk about the rp, the GAME part :ph34r:

They did implement horses. Just not rideable ones. And, oh, rideable horses are in NWN2. O M G It *is* possible!

a very last spark of hope: maybe the version i have isn't the same what goes into the stores? :huh:

not too much of a chance there <_<

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

No, because for months he's attacked everything about NWN2 and gone after Sawyer a few times ('course, Josh went right back after him).  He stated months ago that he wasn't getting the game, wasn't interested in it, so that means he's just here to expunge some adolescent rage at his disappointment in KotOR2.  That makes him a troll in my book.

Odd how he could tell me buggies were not that bad and fixed etc. and now everybody complains about unworkable copies; massive huge bugamounts and there is a patch on day #1...

PS. How is it with the DM Client?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

No, because for months he's attacked everything about NWN2 and gone after Sawyer a few times ('course, Josh went right back after him).  He stated months ago that he wasn't getting the game, wasn't interested in it, so that means he's just here to expunge some adolescent rage at his disappointment in KotOR2.  That makes him a troll in my book.

Odd how he could tell me buggies were not that bad and fixed etc. and now everybody complains about unworkable copies; massive huge bugamounts and there is a patch on day #1...

PS. How is it with the DM Client?

Piss off, troll. You know as well as I do that the game isn't out in the US.

The gameplay is there, the scenery is nice, i'm sure the score will eventually be up to snuff, and most of the NPC's look decent enough, but we're not talking about any of that - we're talking about the one black eye on this game so far. For me and clearly others, it's the poorly modeled PC heads and limited options to what Obsidina has claimed what the entire game is built around.

If the entire game is built around the hero, why then so limited options to making them unique?

I don't know how many of you have actually been using the presale toolset but many of the humanoid faces look very underdeveloped.

soulthiefsig5fl0.jpg

And now horse join the mix.

Can some of you please tell me just what it is you believe are the most important parts to you in NWN2? I need to try and understand what things were in your head as you fantacised about this game for so many months.

So far I am getting:

Lots of different head, hair, etc styles.

Rideable horse (that do nothing else).

Please enlighten me, because it seems that my old head cannot understand the new crop of Role players too well :o

If it was destructive bugs, soulless gameplay, crappy party system, poor roleplaying, I would be swinging the axe along with the rest of you (And I may well do if it turns out that way).

Deg: Yes, it is.  Don't make things up, TROLL.

It is? Where? Everyone I have spoken to says that it won't arrive until tomorrow.

in the stores friend, in the stores. some people already had their first heartattack :p

Ah. I stand corrected, then. I know EB won't have it until tomorrow. Apologies for stating that it wasn't out in the US yet.

Still no reviews, no detailed player impressions about gameplay, story, RP.... Weird.

We have some here (Holland/Belgium)... :p

(Or do you mean of actual players; not mag-reviewers with retailcopies?)

I need to try and understand what things were in your head as you fantacised about this game for so many months.

Dunno; maybe the things they promised during the development; and now seem completely scrapped?

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Can some of you please tell me just what it is you believe are the most important parts to you in NWN2? I need to try and understand what things were in your head as you fantacised about this game for so many months.

So far I am getting:

Please enlighten me, because it seems that my old head cannot understand the new crop of Role players too well :p

If it was destructive bugs, soulless gameplay, crappy party system, poor roleplaying, I would be swinging the axe along with the rest of you (And I may well do if it turns out that way).

Gameplay, a compelling story, good (and equal) rules implementation, and few big bugs. Everything else is icing on the cake.

So few :p ... time for writing up a translation and posting it here... might take some time...

^

So far I am getting:

Please enlighten me, because it seems that my old head cannot understand the new crop of Role players too well :p

don't think those aren't there, they already released a patch, and work on the second :p

IB1OsQq.png